Christmas and New Year celebrations

travelberlin

We have done it before. Yes, there is a gingerbread house with fresh cookies every day. Minimal (in my opinion) decorations. Nothing really special in my opinion. I believe we also got a Christmas gift.

Thanks for your answers. The cruise is being sold als Festive Americas, so maybe they will enhance decorations to make it special.

How about food? Is there turkey and so on for Christmas?

Turkey yes but no goose :D

Decorations are tasteful - adequate but not over the top. I think the gifts may be only for OS/VS?

Turkey yes but no goose :D

Decorations are tasteful - adequate but not over the top. I think the gifts may be only for OS/VS?

They used to give all cabins a wooden box, with some adornments on it. Not sure if they still do...our last "festive ..." Christmas / New Years Cruise was 2015.

-----

For New Years Eve, there is a countdown on the pool deck with Champagne and Prosecco poured for all at midnight. To the TS/ OP: decorations are nice, but subdued....our cruise was also called "Festive"...that's just the naming of it! Enjoy...it's fun!

Just an idea. Why not bring a few Christmas things along with you-small op/lighted tree, a wreath for your cabin. You can pick up these for the trip and leave them. We do this at hotels. Makes it nice and adds to your trip.

Rick

We have sailed with Oceania a number of times over the Holiday season. There always was turkey on Christmas Eve and available in all restaurants. Goose was always on the menu on Christmas Day. If we were at sea on Christmas Day, they served a beautiful brunch in the GDR.

We always brought a selection of small decorations with us to use in our stateroom and hung a Central American woven Christmas tree hanging for outside our door.

Yes to turkey & Goose had them on S America cruise on Marina Xmas 2016. Present was a ball in a stand of penguins painted on it (veranda room) appropriate for location as we traveled around the horn.

New years wine & appies in the staircase area with chefs, GM and even captain attending--nice festive touch.

Through Xmas cookies and such available in reception area by the huge gingerbread display.-- which was lovely.

We really enjoyed the 29 days aboard.

Just an idea. Why not bring a few Christmas things along with you-small op/lighted tree, a wreath for your cabin. You can pick up these for the trip and leave them. We do this at hotels. Makes it nice and adds to your trip.

Rick

Just be careful in what you bring. I saw a couple at security having a strand of lights confiscated. I think they were going to decorate their balcony with them. That's a no no.