Lots of Labadee questions

shopnagain

I have never been here, nor any private island. There are so many threads, I'm having a hard time getting a lot of information. 1. Do they charge for chairs and umbrella? I have no interest in a cabana, its just my mom and I. Is the food and drinks included? IF (although I doubt I'll muster up the gumption) I wanted to try the parasailing, how much is that?

I have been to Labadee and LOVED it! Beautiful private beach area and different areas to go to. There is a wonderful free buffet lunch with non alcoholic beverages. There are bars there that you can purchase alcoholic drinks. Chairs are free. I don't recall any umbrellas, but my hubby and I moved around finding shade from trees. Cabanas are extra, and I would never pay what they are asking for them. Have a wonderful time! I sail on NCL Getaway soon, and their newest private beach in Belize does not offer any free food or beverages. What a bummer!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is going to seem like an even dumber question, but in January, is the water warm? I have never traveled in the winter! I went to Jamaica once and the locals told me air temps are about 89 degrees year round so I would assume it is warm but I should never assume!

We enjoyed Labadee and we are going back this year. We enjoy the private island and we are doing the Zip Line again and the Dragon Roller Coaster this time. We do not venture where the locals are just beyond the gift shops as they will try to get you to come to there stores and we did do that and it is hard to get out of there because every last person is stopping you because they want you to buy this or that. As long as your in the area where the locals cannot get into everyone is fine. The beaches are beautiful and we really enjoy our time there. Have a great cruise as we will be there in less than a week!!

There are loungers...if you are VERY early to the beach, there will be "chair boys" who will fetch your loungers...and they do expect a small tip...$2-5 is reasonable. Later in the day, loungers are everywhere....just pick one! You can move them, if you want! There is no charge. Plenty of trees for shade.

So the chairs are free? I see on the excursions page there is a "Beach lounger for two" for $45. It looks like a beach umbrella type thing. If the chairs are free, that's what I am doing! The beaches in Bermuda charge $45 (+tip) for two chairs and umbrella so I wasn't sure if this was the same type thing.

Does anyone know if there is a secure place to leave your personal items unattended while doing the wave rider?

there are some lockers .... I forget if they charged .... I'm sure they did. They are at the building where you take a little class b4 heading out on the PWCs

As everyone says, Labadee is beautiful! OP, it looks like you will be on the Oasis, so if you would like to guarantee a chair with a shady spot, you'll want to get off the ship somewhat early. Columbus Cove is very nice and you can take the little transfer boat straight across to it after you get off the ship. On your way back, you'll be close to the tram that takes you back to the ship. It stops in various places so you can get off to explore.

For the person doing the wave rider, you may want to check Amazon for waterproof bags as I don't recall lockers. They shouldn't be very expensive.

Enjoy!!

there are some lockers .... I forget if they charged .... I'm sure they did. They are at the building where you take a little class b4 heading out on the PWCs

That is correct they have some lockers by all the excursion areas, jet ski, zip line.......

Once you pay for the wrist band that works on all areas where lockers are located you can use it everywhere for the day.

You just pick your locker.

I think it was around $8 this past August charged to sea pass.

Later

That is correct they have some lockers by all the excursion areas, jet ski, zip line.......

Once you pay for the wrist band that works on all areas where lockers are located you can use it everywhere for the day.

You just pick your locker.

I think it was around $8 this past August charged to sea pass.

Later

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up as I'm curious about snorkeling at Labadee as well. I'll be there in a few weeks for the first time.

I'm bringing my own snorkeling gear, but I was wondering if there are any areas with decent snorkeling without buying an excursion package.

Bumping this up as I'm curious about snorkeling at Labadee as well. I'll be there in a few weeks for the first time.

I'm bringing my own snorkeling gear, but I was wondering if there are any areas with decent snorkeling without buying an excursion package.

The waters around Labadee are over-fished by the locals.

You may have clear waters to snorkel in and around, but as far as seeing fishies, your sightings will be limited to some small fish and an eel here or there.

Not much ocean life around.

But, you will see snorkel gear out and about, to just putter around with.

Enjoy Labadee, we do.

Safe travels.

Oh, yes! Very warm! The sun and weather was very hot! We always cruise in January or February to escape the blustery winter weather of Buffalo, NY, and have always had hot weather and warm Caribbean water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been there several times in January, and although I personally found the water a bit chilly, it didn't stop me from swimming in it. I guess if you are from Buffalo, the water might seem warm.

Edited by lynncarol

Our first time visiting Labadee will be in March. Will the kids need water shoes or is it sandy throughout?

Just my opinion but I'd recommend water shoes. It depends on which beach you pick. Some beaches are almost complete sand but others not. Barefoot Beach is about the best I've seen but even there it can be a little rough on the feet occasionally.