Self-Serve Ice Cream

It is a soft ice cream machine yes, but they ONLY use soft YOGURT.

Their is NO soft ice cream on that ship.

Also they close the machines in the evening .. not sure what time - but after 9PM they closed it.

My only complaint about that ship is NO soft ice cream

It is a soft ice cream machine yes, but they ONLY use soft YOGURT.

Their is NO soft ice cream on that ship.

Also they close the machines in the evening .. not sure what time - but after 9PM they closed it.

My only complaint about that ship is NO soft ice cream

It's not yogurt either.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

There were 2 machines open from 11-6 only, like others have said. Long lines snaking around the deck. Only one machine was turned on during opening hours, which is baffling to me. I noticed that all the Royal ships I have been on have the same trend with their ice cream machine and it is really annoying. Why have ONE machine for thousands of people and not make it 24 hours???

Shocking that even Carnival has 4 machines available 24 hours a day, but not shocking that Royal is all about the almighty $$$$$!

Both have ways of getting money, not like carnival will not take your money. At some point, there is probably a time when it rarely gets used, and is just a waste to leave running. I doubt the ice cream machines get used much at 3am.

Wow there's a lot of negativity on this board. On Adventure a few weeks ago, the two "frozen dessert machines," or whatever you want to call them, were operational any time we wanted some. I have no idea if that was 24 hours a day or not, but it didn't matter. They were there when we wanted them, and they were refreshing and delicious!!!

Both have ways of getting money, not like carnival will not take your money. At some point, there is probably a time when it rarely gets used, and is just a waste to leave running. I doubt the ice cream machines get used much at 3am.

They shut down half of their machines at a certain point. But I've rarely seen a time where there wasn't at least 2-5 people in line, even at 3 AM. Often many more.

On our Majesty back to back last week, the machine was not self serve, but had an employee providing the cones to passengers.

The machine was not open all day long, but the hours were posted.

M

They had an employee manning the soft serve machine on a recent Rhapsody cruise. It was a good move on their part because it kept the line short and the area much cleaner.

They had an employee manning the soft serve machine on a recent Rhapsody cruise. It was a good move on their part because it kept the line short and the area much cleaner.

It also stops people from not closing the valve all the way and the machine freezing up.

• 5 weeks later...

I was surprised (pleasantly) to see the machine on Explorer of the Seas was open every day from 9am-midnight. Longest hours I've seen yet among Liberty, Grandeur Anthem and Explorer. Though I'm rather sick of just vanilla/chocolate. At least Liberty of the Seas had different flavor combinations each day.

I never had a time when I wasn't able to get the "ice cream" when I wanted it on my last cruise on the Harmony. it was working all the time during open hours and many times there was no one in line. Some times there were up to 5 people in line. Took all of 30 seconds to get some of that frozen deliciousness. Some people must not have a lot of joy in their lives always saying the machines are constantly down or extremely crowded. Maybe for them it was that way, I haven't experienced it. But I've only been on one RC cruise. My others were Carnival, But same experience for the most part.

Guess I've just been lucky.

Anyone know what the ingredients are of this frozen dessert product?

There seems to be a lot of interest in this frozen dessert mix recently.

attachment.php?attachmentid=408879&d=1500636307

Ingredients:

Water, Corn syrup, Palms kernel oil, Non fat milk solids, Buttermilk powder, Whey powder, Sugar, Mono and Diglycerides, Guar gum, Cellulose gum, Polysorbate 80, Carageenan, and Artificial flavor.