Azamara
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Svolvaer

Recent Profile Visitors

13,476 profile views

Grandma Cruising's Achievements

10,000+ Club

10,000+ Club (10/20)

1. Price isn’t necessarily an indication of good wine. We had a friend who was a wine master and he was brilliant at seeking out some great bargains and making us some good recommendations. He often bought wine at Aldi and would happily pay £7- £10 a bottle.
  2. We’ve upgraded and paid the difference when we had a promotion. We’ve also upgraded for the last few days of a cruise.
  3. We flew Turkish Business Class to Cape Town earlier this year. It was fine and half the price of any other Business Class. The itineraries do look interesting, but someone needs to look at the descriptions. One going to the Canaries mention El Hierro in the cruise title, but they doesn’t go there - the nearest they go is La Gomera. The March 26th 2026 cruise is described as “Africa & European Cruise: Canary Islands, Morocco & Uk” but goes nowhere near the UK. It finishes in Lisbon.!
  4. Not sure because I’ve had the Uktimate Package on my last 3 cruises, but as I understand it there’s the same set of wines every day nowadays.
  5. Others here have said there is freshly squeezed orange juice. Maybe it’s just difficult ti find things. I look forward to finding out next April.
  6. If you booked through a TA they have to ask Azamara for your E-docs. If not Azamara should send you them, if not give them a ring. Doesn’t really matter too much as you can just active at the cruise terminal with your passport. I always make sure I have ever a paper copy of my invoice or can access it online
  7. My husband had no problems getting antibiotic tablets and ointment from the Doctor on the ship in March when he had an infected bite on the back of his leg - cleared it up in no time.
  8. But you can get the Atlas cocktails on all the other ships!
  9. According to the website it starts an Athens to Dubai cruise on 20 October 25 and is due to be in Jeddah on 30 October 25. Of course that route depends upon the situation in that area by then.
  10. I suggest you try emailing Erin ODonnell who is Head of Customer Relations and Loyalty at eodonnell@Azamara.com I’ve found her very responsive.
  11. For the Doge’s palace the best tour is the Secret Itineraries tour.It takes you behind the scenes - really great. You can book it direct with the palace https://www.venice-museum.com/secret-itineraries-doge-palace.php
  12. I think you may mean non-tourist or non- cruiser friendly, I’m sure the residents don’t have problems. Actually we find it great to get around. Once you buy your Vaporretto ticket it’s easy if you have a map of their routes. Lots of them & go everywhere on the main island and in the lagoon.
  13. The booking system, Seaware by Veronix, is also being used by Azamara and has had a lot of issues there too, but it does now seem to be getting sorted out.