JS1100 on Jewel

Thanks for the pics. Looks very comfy.

Unbelievably so. I think we spent more time on our balcony than we did anywhere else on the ship. Had coffee in the morning and lunch from room service on the balcony every day. The last sea day was especially nice as we had sun on the balcony all day, and didn't encounter a single chair hog:cool:

I'm a big fan of #1100 on the Jewel...luckily had this cabin for our 12 night Baltic sail...It made for amazing views without having to leave our balcony ..especially the sail in/out of Stockholm :D:D...Do a search for this cabin on these boards to see the popularity of this wonderful corner aft JS !!! Rarely can you get this cabin without booking it at least a year out and if you do you've hit the jackpot !!

I've never seen that style of chairs and loungers before. I've never been in a JS either but I didn't think they had different furniture. Are those new? I have 9256 on Serenade in March and I'm sure DW would love to lay on one of those loungers as opposed to the old sticky, vinyl ones that we're used to.

Hey! That's our cabin! :) We had it for the Christmas cruise. I hope you like the deck chair arrangement. When we boarded 12-24-11 both lounge chairs were over on the port side. I moved them around. :D It is a great cabin!

We have 9256 on the Radiance - I think that the balcony is pretty much the same configuration. This will be our first time in 9256 and hope to enjoy it for 18 day this April. Anybody have pics of 9256?

In picture 4 of the above link though 9256's balcony is not that deep so you will not really be able to set up that lounge chair like they did in the picture. It narrows off to the corner quicker then 1100's balcony.

9256 is still a nice balcony but not as nice as 1100's.

You should be able to google for pictures of cabin 9256 Radiance of the Seas and come up with something.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/224513865vYwlLb

Jimbo:)

We had JS1100 on the Brilliance in Dec 2011 (booked it 6 months in advance) and absolutely loved the cabin! The walk-in-wardrobe was a great place to keep everything neat and tidy, and to stow away the luggages. The cabin was in a nice and private corner and we didn't mind the walk to the cabin at all.

My in-laws had the D1 cabin beside, i.e. 1102 and it was hilarious - my two young kids could squeeze through the balcony partition (the little gap at the end) to my in-law's room.

My in-laws had the D1 cabin beside, i.e. 1102 and it was hilarious - my two young kids could squeeze through the balcony partition (the little gap at the end) to my in-law's room.

I too, noticed the gap. It is large enough for an adult to easily move to the adjacent balcony. For this reason, we ensured our door was fully secured when leaving the cabin.

Funny thing is that after I posted about not getting that cabin, I stumbled on it

for my February 2013 cruise on the Jewel! Since it goes through Valentines day,

I felt very lucky to get it.

Will be a surprise Valentines day gift to my DH. :)

My favorite cabin, on my favorite ship, going to two of our favorite ports. Nice!

And to sweeten the deal.....that cruise makes us "plus" :D :D

I would love that balcony. So far the only JS suite I've done was on Majesty and it didn't seem bigger than a D1 on a Voyager or Freedom class. I'm considering Jewel, I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Funny thing is that after I posted about not getting that cabin, I stumbled on it

for my February 2013 cruise on the Jewel! Since it goes through Valentines day,

I felt very lucky to get it.

Will be a surprise Valentines day gift to my DH. :)

My favorite cabin, on my favorite ship, going to two of our favorite ports. Nice!

And to sweeten the deal.....that cruise makes us "plus" :D :D

Yay Pat..that is so super..congrats. Like I said, everytime I have booked..that is the way I found 1100 so it was meant to be! I am green with envy! Bill and I are trying to be good and not book those last 5 points but we are getting weaker by the moment. I will let you know.

Hugs, Deb

Funny thing is that after I posted about not getting that cabin, I stumbled on it for my February 2013 cruise on the Jewel! Since it goes through Valentines day, I felt very lucky to get it.

I have it a couple of cruises before you and I promise to take good care of it. Love the new balcony furniture. It has been updated since we had this cabin in September of 2009.

I would love that balcony. So far the only JS suite I've done was on Majesty and it didn't seem bigger than a D1 on a Voyager or Freedom class. I'm considering Jewel, I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Majesty JS cabins are quite small compared to other ships...just like Majesty's other cabins are smaller. The JS cabins on other ships are larger!

Yay Pat..that is so super..congrats. Like I said, everytime I have booked..that is the way I found 1100 so it was meant to be! I am green with envy! Bill and I are trying to be good and not book those last 5 points but we are getting weaker by the moment. I will let you know.

Hugs, Deb

Awww...what is a little 5 pointer keeping you from cruising with us this month on the

21st??!! ;) 5 nights: 5 points....uuuhhmmmmmmm???? :D

Do I hear the weakness taking over yet?? :eek: :)

Once I figured out we would be 10 points shy when we disembark next year's double diamonds on the Freedom.....I just had to book the 5 night Jewel JS to get to your "soon to be attained" Plus status! Naturally going for the JS to get to the 10 points, then was shocked to see 1100 pop up!! Nabbed that bugger real quick!

Archived