Host Andy - Live From Century (February 2014)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's 2:30 am eastern time, and I'm so excited that I cannot sleep. It's always a great feeling, when your cruise is just a few hours away. The 2 sailings will be extra special, as we have a huge amount of Cruise Critic friends onboard. It will be awesome to see so many dear friends again, along with soon to be new friends. What can be better ? :)

I'm boarding Century in the morning, and will try my very best to provide updates from the ship. I'm unsure if I will post every day, but I will be happy to share my insights, when there's interesting items to report.

I will also try my best to answer your questions on the other Century thread... so if you've asked a question, please keep an eye out for updates.

That's about it for now. My next report will be direct from Century. Have a great week everyone !

Edited by Host Andy

I just wonder if Century was late leaving FLL last night. I waited until past 10pm GMT, but she hadn't left. I was hoping to capture some shots, from the cam.

This morning the archive shows her leaving( not)she was in the same view as she had been all day.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

Edited by upwarduk

Andy I watched Century leave yesterday on the Port Everglades webcam and something was not right around the funnel area of the ship or certainly appeared that way.

Do you have any knowledge of what this might have been steam or fire???

Here is the video that PTZtv posted after the sail away. Have not seen anything like this before as a ship has left port. It has many wondering and discussing on the FB page of the webcam site.

1900623_10151954708726693_1430012683_o.jpg

I also watched her leave yesterday, & saw what looked like steam, lots of it, pouring from her port side underneath the X on her funnel. It definitely was not a normal sight.

I think that the small fonts are due to the embedded video above.

Edited by richsea

I am hoping to hear what was happening in and around funnel area. It looked pretty scary and the camera followed the ship for as long as it could. It thankfully must not have been a serious problem or the ship would have turned back.

Hi Andy,

Is mum and uncle and aunt with you as well.? Have a great cruise and enjoy the weather.

Hope you will still be going us in November on the Eclipse.? Did you receive my email with that copy you wanted from last years cruise.?

Enjoy.

love Brenda x

Just spoke to Andy. Told me that he tried to post until 2:00 am but system was down.He will try to post tonight

All appears to be well on Century. Michael's Club is now a VIP lounge.Summit will be converted starting February 15th.

Is it just me on my iPad, or is the type in this thread minuscule? Maybe this is a new cc feature in concert with celebrity aimed at young cruisers with better eyesight than me...

The type size has not changed. You may want to check your computer settings.

The type size has not changed. You may want to check your computer settings.

The font on page 2 is normal, page 1 is minuscule .

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstudio

Is it just me on my iPad, or is the type in this thread minuscule? Maybe this is a new cc feature in concert with celebrity aimed at young cruisers with better eyesight than me...

Edited by upwarduk

Andy, would you mind checking to see if the wheelchair pool/hot tub lift is working? It is located at the main pool. Thanks.

It will be my pleasure to check for you !