Explore 4 Complimentary Signature Beverage Package

scotlandyard1985

Hi,

If we have the package can we give others a drink? So ordering 2drinks at the same time?

Or at the pool if you want a gin tonic and a water.

Tnx

Before I say no to all three, please use this link to read the Terms and Conditions and you'll find your own answers. The PDF has info on both current packages: https://jococruise.com/uploads/2017/02/Beverage-Packages-Terms-Conditions.pdf

Hi,

If we have the package can we give others a drink? So ordering 2drinks at the same time?

Or at the pool if you want a gin tonic and a water.

Tnx

You can get a glass of ice water anytime from any bar at no charge, with your gin & tonic. or without. The ship's tap water is safer than what most municipal water systems provide.

Absolutely NO sharing. You can't even buy a can of coke and hand it to your kid. They want you to buy a soda card for your kids. Sharing is the big problem with either of the 2 beverage packages that include alcoholic drinks. That is the reason why they force all guests in a cabin that are over 18 to purchase the same package. You are supposed to wait 5 minutes between ordering beverages on the same card. There is no problem ordering doubles of any drink, it is included in the package, but they count that as 2 of your 15 drink allotment for the day. You just can't order a double and pour half of it into your friend's empty glass. That will get your beverage package cancelled with no refunds for the days not used. Please don't even try it, you will just expose yourself to humiliation when your package gets cancelled.

Regarding the no sharing rule.. DW and I both received the SBP with the Explore4 promo on our upcoming cruise.

Great for me because I like my wine, but DW doesn't drink at all. Would it violate the no sharing rule if DW ordered a glass of wine on her card for me?:confused:

Yes. It is still sharing and it's clearly a violation.

Yours and TAD's comment above seem to conflict (at least a little bit) with a comment posted on another thread about this subject:

Rereading POA1's always informative post that you referenced, he was referring to a couple or group where ALL have the same beverage package. Those folks would order a wide selections of wine by the glass and taste each one. Better than everyone ordering full glasses of unknown wines to see if they like them and probably leaving some to waste.

The purpose of the no-sharing rule is to prevent a package person from sharing their drinks with another not possessing the magic card. It is not to keep people with the same package from swapping spit in a drinking fashion.

Which still leaves me confused. Both DW and I have the package, so what is the issue with us ordering different things and 'sharing' them with each other? :confused:

Edited by KroozNut

Why do I get a strange feeling that no matter what anyone says, or what is written, you are going to be confused! :).

Hank

I guess because conflicting information on the same subject tends to confuse me. I have to believe that I am not alone in this regard. ;)

I've had signature beverage package on just one cruise, on the Volendam in South East Asia, February 2017. On about the 3rd night of the 14 day cruise the bar server asked me if I wanted a double of my usual Maker's Mark on the Rocks. I replied yes but won't that drive the price above the limit per drink? He said don't worry I will ring them up separately and bring you a double. I'm assuming I was charged 2 drinks against my 15 day limit, I never came close to reaching the 15 day drink limit.

-Paul

With the SBP, each of you get 15 beverages per day. That doesn't mean just alcoholic drinks, it means bottles of water, sodas, specialty coffees, etc. Few people actually get there, but if you did hit the 15 drink limit, you would have to pay full price for everything over that. If your DW orders a glass of wine and pushes it over to you, then you could feasibly get 16 drinks or more in one 24 hour period at no extra cost. Let's face the cold, hard facts, HAL is in business to make money. They don;t make money by people sharing drinks on the beverage package. Your argument will not hold any water when you are confronted by the bar manager for sharing a drink.

I have something else to share... my last HAL cruise the pool bar staff would only take one card and put both my drinks and my sister’s on it.

Next round take the other card. Or I would order one, they didn’t take my card.. and order another. When I got my receipts each drink was billed separate..

We aren’t the only people they did this to.. it seems once they know you are in the same room it’s not a big deal. It may make their job easier by only dealing with one card ( I don’t know)

It became the norm to order for each other when the other was not present.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish HAL would do what CCL does... unlimited soft drinks, juices, milkshakes, waters, specialty coffees and such with the beverage package. Also ALL alcoholic drinks under $50 are included.. so there are some decent wines by the glass ( I can’t stand that Santa Carolina or whatever it’s called stuff )

Regarding the no sharing rule.. DW and I both received the SBP with the Explore4 promo on our upcoming cruise.

Great for me because I like my wine, but DW doesn't drink at all. Would it violate the no sharing rule if DW ordered a glass of wine on her card for me?:confused:

Why wouldn't you use your own card? This sounds like a scenario you are positing to stir things up. Who knows why?

Why wouldn't you use your own card? This sounds like a scenario you are positing to stir things up. Who knows why?

I do not think they were trying to stir things up - it is a legit question.

I have done exactly this without even thinking about it. At dinner we both order a glass of wine on the SBP and after drinking mine, I swap my empty glass with my wife's full one. It just works out better for everyone - I do not have to wait for the steward to come around later and the steward does not have to make an extra trip to the bar.

Since neither of us comes remotely close to the 15 drink limit, I never thought about it being against the rules, so I guess I had better rethink this approach. Of course, I doubt that we will ever do a Explore4 package again, as we do not drink enough to make it valuable (compared to the extra cost in cruise fare) - we just wait until after the promotion is over and book with a lower fare.

Whenever I order a non alcoholic drink. Coffee, soda mock tails I like to have a bottle of water with me. Will they let me do this.

Also I was told I can get a large bottle for excursions

We get a large bottle of water without a problem. I think my DW goes to the Explorations Cafe for it.

I do not think they were trying to stir things up - it is a legit question.

I have done exactly this without even thinking about it. At dinner we both order a glass of wine on the SBP and after drinking mine, I swap my empty glass with my wife's full one. It just works out better for everyone - I do not have to wait for the steward to come around later and the steward does not have to make an extra trip to the bar.

Since neither of us comes remotely close to the 15 drink limit, I never thought about it being against the rules, so I guess I had better rethink this approach. Of course, I doubt that we will ever do a Explore4 package again, as we do not drink enough to make it valuable (compared to the extra cost in cruise fare) - we just wait until after the promotion is over and book with a lower fare.

Thanks Dave, this is good to know..:)

I'm not sure it matters if both partners have the package (which they must if sharing a room) whose card is used or who is actually drinking the drinks. You get 30 drinks between the two of you per day. There is no bottom line difference to HAL so I'm not sure why they would care.

I would love it if my husband could take both our cards and get pre-dinner drinks for us while I get ready for the evening.