Interior to Oceanview Upgrade

bdam

Hi everybody,

I just received an e-mail from RC saying we could hop on a wait list to possibly upgrade our interior cabin to an ocean view cabin for $100 on our 4/28 Harmony sailing. Has anyone been through this upgrade process before? I'm curious to see if it's truly a one time $100 charge or if there are additional fees they'll throw on at the end.

Some on my roll call for an upcoming cruise have gotten similar email and others have not. Anyone have a guess how the initial correspondence list is determined? It is not by C&A (higher) points as others with lower status (in their signature line) have gotten the email and we have not. We do not have a heavily discounted rate, as booked late and paid a premium for our current cabin.

thx

M

Some on my roll call for an upcoming cruise have gotten similar email and others have not. Anyone have a guess how the initial correspondence list is determined? It is not by C&A (higher) points as others with lower status (in their signature line) have gotten the email and we have not. We do not have a heavily discounted rate, as booked late and paid a premium for our current cabin.

thx

M

Can't answer your question Marci but I will add one. I also wonder if there is any order to how they would start calling folks. If it is is order of the email responses those that get the email might not want to post here and wait a day for others to reply

Hi everybody,

I just received an e-mail from RC saying we could hop on a wait list to possibly upgrade our interior cabin to an ocean view cabin for $100 on our 4/28 Harmony sailing. Has anyone been through this upgrade process before? I'm curious to see if it's truly a one time $100 charge or if there are additional fees they'll throw on at the end.

You would be charged the $100. There are no hidden fees

Does anyone know if these emails would go to travel agents if you didn't book directly through RCCL?

This is a brand new process, we just learned about it in the last day or two. No info on travel agents yet.

Hi everybody,

Congratulations!:) Happy for you!

I do not believe there would be extra charges. Enjoy your oceanview and the Harmony!

Congratulations!:) Happy for you!

I do not believe there would be extra charges. Enjoy your oceanview and the Harmony!

S/He has not been offered an upgrade. No congratulations are in order.

There is merely an offer to go on a waiting list for the possibility of paying for an upgrade.

Can someone clarify this practice? The way it sounds is you're paying for a CHANCE to be considered for an upgrade. That can't be right because that would be incredibly stupid

You are not paying until you get a call offering you the upsell.. You are just being asked if you want to be placed on a list to be called if there should be any opportunity for one. You won't be charged unless they call to offer one and your accept it

I was offered an OV to Balcony two years ago for $100 for a 14 day cruise, and took it, there were no additional charges, This was offered through a phone call. I recently got

an email offering an upgrade from OV to balcony for $200, and was put on a waitlist. NCL has been doing this for a year or more.

You are not paying until you get a call offering you the upsell.. You are just being asked if you want to be placed on a list to be called if there should be any opportunity for one. You won't be charged unless they call to offer one and your accept it

Ah, ya that makes much more sense. Thanks

Email to a bunch of people who might take an upsell is a lot easier than cold calling people who would want to talk with the other folks sailing before making a decision, requiring another phone call. This way they have a list of folks who would take the upsell on the first call.