Booking Excursions

snorkle lover

Well' date=' it tough being patient. I'd rather be excited. Have called twice - never got a real answer re: how far down the wait list are we? and now I'm starting to think that we are "out of luck".

Do these things open up again once on board?

Thanks,

Terry[/quote']

Don't give up, but make sure you have an alternative booked - you can do this and still stay on the wait-list for your preference.

We have found that wait-lists often do not clear until you board the ship; you then have the pleasant surprise of finding the tour tickets in your suite.

Well' date=' it tough being patient. I'd rather be excited. Have called twice - never got a real answer re: how far down the wait list are we? and now I'm starting to think that we are "out of luck"

Terry[/quote']

I had to ring Regent and wait list for three tours and had the added bonus of our tours coming available on a Sunday and Regent don't open on a Sunday in the UK.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was I was told exactly how many people were wait listed above us and that we were now numbers 9 & 10 on one tour, so if there was availability, Regent would probably put another tour on.

Fingers crossed that you get on the tours you want. I have already looked at the possibility of doing two of our tours independently.

• 1 month later...

We debak in less than 30 days. Still waitlisted, and even out TA could not find out how far down the list we are.

We do have an alternative booked, and I think this will be one of those things - well if this is the worst thing that happens to us, we're doing just fine.

Thanks everyone for all of your input. Wishing you all smooth seas :).

Hi,

I've been reading this thread and wondered if anyone could tell me whether one can book excursions for friends. They will be on their first cruise so I have said I will book all our dining reservations (I understand I can do that as long as I have their booking reference) but can I do likewise for excursions.

Many Thanks

Hi,

I've been reading this thread and wondered if anyone could tell me whether one can book excursions for friends. They will be on their first cruise so I have said I will book all our dining reservations (I understand I can do that as long as I have their booking reference) but can I do likewise for excursions.

Many Thanks

I am new to Regent, and probably not actually knowledgeable enough to answer this. But seems to me you'd have to have their log in to their Regent account, and then you simply go ahead and log in as your friend, an book the shore excursions on line. The computer has no idea who's typing. That would certainly be one way.

I am new to Regent, and probably not actually knowledgeable enough to answer this. But seems to me you'd have to have their log in to their Regent account, and then you simply go ahead and log in as your friend, an book the shore excursions on line. The computer has no idea who's typing. That would certainly be one way.

I agree this would be the way to book for them. You have to act as them.

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2018 at 7:58 AM, Travelcat2 said:

Hi - good to hear that you have gone through the excursions and have picked more than one since once they go "live" for booking, there could be some changes.

First, can I assume that you have already established your account on the rssc.com website? If not, we can take you through that.

So, at midnight (Eastern Standard Time), go into your account and notice that on the right side is "My To-Do List" which will show the things that you have already done and what still needs to be done. There will be a date for shore excursions and dining reservations. On the left, click on "View This Booking".

On the bottom portion of the page you'll see "Shore Excursions" and you can click on "Customize".

You'll then see a screen that looks very much like the one you view when checking out excursions. Select the port. This time, when you view the excursions, at the end of the explanation there will be boxes to check to book the excursions and time(s) that they are offered. If there is a cost involved, you will see it. Click the boxes and go on to the next port.

When yu are finished, click "Checkout". If any of the excursions have costs, you will pay for the excursions during checkout. Once you have completed the entire procedure, you will receive an automatic email from Regent with the excursions that you've booked.

If you change your mind or something does not work as expected, give Regent a call the next day.

Hope that this helps!

Thank you Travelcat2, yet again your post has been so useful! Today it was time to book our excursions - the first time cruisers/ nerves were playing up, I wanted to be ready. So searched the site and this post came up. Your instructions were great, easy to follow and between my list and your instructions  I've managed to book 11 excursions in no time at all! Thank you 🙂

We were "late" in just booking a few days ago a cruise in May2020. Because of our "lateness" we found that some excursions we wanted were already booked up, so we have had to go on the wait lists. A few other excursions were still available in other ports and we booked the ones  we wanted. It just goes to show that if you are particularly keen on a specific excursion book the cruise early and forego the chance of a late reduction in cost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 7:39 AM, 92mill said:

We were "late" in just booking a few days ago a cruise in May2020. Because of our "lateness" we found that some excursions we wanted were already booked up, so we have had to go on the wait lists. A few other excursions were still available in other ports and we booked the ones  we wanted. It just goes to show that if you are particularly keen on a specific excursion book the cruise early and forego the chance of a late reduction in cost.

Did you have to contact Regent direct (as earlier mentioned) to be wait-listed?

Debra

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, Travelcat2 said:

Hi - good to hear that you have gone through the excursions and have picked more than one since once they go "live" for booking, there could be some changes.

First, can I assume that you have already established your account on the rssc.com website? If not, we can take you through that.

So, at midnight (Eastern Standard Time), go into your account and notice that on the right side is "My To-Do List" which will show the things that you have already done and what still needs to be done. There will be a date for shore excursions and dining reservations. On the left, click on "View This Booking".

On the bottom portion of the page you'll see "Shore Excursions" and you can click on "Customize".

You'll then see a screen that looks very much like the one you view when checking out excursions. Select the port. This time, when you view the excursions, at the end of the explanation there will be boxes to check to book the excursions and time(s) that they are offered. If there is a cost involved, you will see it. Click the boxes and go on to the next port.

When yu are finished, click "Checkout". If any of the excursions have costs, you will pay for the excursions during checkout. Once you have completed the entire procedure, you will receive an automatic email from Regent with the excursions that you've booked.

If you change your mind or something does not work as expected, give Regent a call the next day.

Hope that this helps!

Hi-- is there any way to access this info on "times for excursions" a bit in advance of the first day you can book them?

On 2/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, Travelcat2 said:

Hope that this helps!

Hi-- is there any way to access this info on "times for excursions" a bit in advance of the first day you can book them?