Off topic from fashion.......

Cruise Fashions & Beauty

Deck yourself out for your next cruise! What clothes should you bring, and what should stay at home. Offer up packing tips, and savvy shopping info, too
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:38 PM.
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,850 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Good morning......got my vanity lights installed yesterday....WOW.....it really looks like a new bathroom!

As for my cruise........I am looking at some other choices....I always say "Google is your friend"....I decided to
google "Luxury lines".....and found a couple of cruises that are in the same price range as Windstar but are
regular (small) size ships...it is exciting looking for things that were always out of range but now I am able to
look at them.......one on Silverseas and one on Crystal.......I am still researching.
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,850 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Good morning, Hi Sharon

Hope all of you are having a good weekend.

Well, I booked my first "luxury cruise" and I am still pinching msyelf......LOL...I am sailing on Silverseas in August from
Barcelona to Rome. It is my first time visiting the places on this itinerary and the cruiseline had a special on airfare offering
upgrading to Business class for 500.00 each way.....so I am really splurging on both ways........
I am now researching hotels in Barcelona and omg.....there are so many to choose from. I am leaning towards 2 of them but have some time to weigh my options and keep finding other properties that look good.

Anyone have input on Barcelona hotels?
CA or MI
11,570 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by Lois R
Good morning, Hi Sharon

Hope all of you are having a good weekend.

Well, I booked my first "luxury cruise" and I am still pinching msyelf......LOL...I am sailing on Silverseas in August from
Barcelona to Rome. It is my first time visiting the places on this itinerary and the cruiseline had a special on airfare offering
upgrading to Business class for 500.00 each way.....so I am really splurging on both ways........
I am now researching hotels in Barcelona and omg.....there are so many to choose from. I am leaning towards 2 of them but have some time to weigh my options and keep finding other properties that look good.

Anyone have input on Barcelona hotels?

Hi, Lois!

What fun for you!! I have booked the Serhs del Port for our upcoming cruise that leaves from Barcelona. Not luxury, but it gets good reviews and the breakfast buffet is supposed to be very good. It is also within walking distance of the Statue of Columbus where the port shuttle bus picks up. If you don't have too much/heavy luggage it's about 1.5 blocks. Also, Las Ramblas is about a block-ish away.

Enjoy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Peggy: cruising since 1973
Next up -
2019: Cuba in Janurary. 50th Anniversary Cruises on the Jewel from San Diego to Miami to Rome to a bunch of Greek Islands to Rome. Followed by B2B2B2B Adventure Caribbean, repositioning to Cape Liberty, Bahamas, and then Canada and Nova Scotia.

2020: Princess to Hawaii and Tahiti.

My avatar: the aft of the Star Princess overlooking Moorea.
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,850 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by pcur
Hi, Lois!

What fun for you!! I have booked the Serhs del Port for our upcoming cruise that leaves from Barcelona. Not luxury, but it gets good reviews and the breakfast buffet is supposed to be very good. It is also within walking distance of the Statue of Columbus where the port shuttle bus picks up. If you don't have too much/heavy luggage it's about 1.5 blocks. Also, Las Ramblas is about a block-ish away.

Enjoy!

Hi Peggy, thanks for the suggestion. I will look at it on Trip Advisor. 1.5 blocks from where to where? Oh...for a shuttle to
the ship? I will probably take a cab from wherever I am staying. At first I thought you had typed 15 blocks........I thought
no way I am walking with luggage that far LOL..........
Texas
1,492 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Hi Lois, I'm sorry about your (multiple) diagnoses but glad to hear that you are doing well! Make sure you see a nutritionist about the diabetes. It is very important to learn which foods contain sugars and how/when you can still eat them. You don't have to cut everything out, you just have to balance it right (combining your carbs with protein for example). I have a very restrictive diet because of an auto-immune disorder and I know how hard it is but they can help make it easier on you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jacksonville, FL USA
49,850 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by lbjen
Hi Lois, I'm sorry about your (multiple) diagnoses but glad to hear that you are doing well! Make sure you see a nutritionist about the diabetes. It is very important to learn which foods contain sugars and how/when you can still eat them. You don't have to cut everything out, you just have to balance it right (combining your carbs with protein for example). I have a very restrictive diet because of an auto-immune disorder and I know how hard it is but they can help make it easier on you!

Thank you...........I will be contacting someone this week.
Maryland
428 Posts
Joined May 2006
Lois, have a wonderful time! We are doing Rome to Barcelona next March on Silver Spirit. Our TA got TravelEx insurance for us as my husband has cancer and they did a pre-existing condition policy for us. This is our 5th cruise on SS but our first on the Spirit.

Happy sailing! Hope you hop over to the SS board section.

Melissa
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,850 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by MHF
Lois, have a wonderful time! We are doing Rome to Barcelona next March on Silver Spirit. Our TA got TravelEx insurance for us as my husband has cancer and they did a pre-existing condition policy for us. This is our 5th cruise on SS but our first on the Spirit.

Happy sailing! Hope you hop over to the SS board section.

Melissa
Hi Melissa, I have been posting over there since I booked the cruise...hope your husband will be ok.
planning our next adventure
4,661 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Lois R
Hi Melissa, I have been posting over there since I booked the cruise...hope your husband will be ok.
Hi Lois, I don't know if you check in here much, but it sounds like you have another cruise coming up. Hope that you have a wonderful time & so glad you're doing well enough to travel. Bon Voyage

Debbie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Photo review Solstice New Zealand/Australia
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2579525
Photo review of Equinox Cannes Film Cruise
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2362984
Photo review of Silhouette Adriatic cruise:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961248

Infinity: Hawaii x2
Solstice: TA
Solstice: New Zealand & Australia
Equinox: Eastern Med
Silhouette: Adriatic
Silhouette: Carib
Equinox: Cannes Film Cruise
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,850 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by cruise kitty
Hi Lois, I don't know if you check in here much, but it sounds like you have another cruise coming up. Hope that you have a wonderful time & so glad you're doing well enough to travel. Bon Voyage

Debbie
Hi Debbie...nope, this thread never took off...…..but that's ok. Nice to see you and yes, I am flying to Venice on Saturday

Thanks for the good wishes

Looks like nobody has posted on here since last summer.
Massachusetts
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Lois, most manufactures of medicine have a patient assistance program to help with costs! Best of luck to you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy