Internet package on Pacific Princess

coloradocruizn

I’ll be going on a BI cruise on the Pacific Princess in a few months and am busy pre-purchasing. I can’t find any internet packages offered. Is there a special place I should be looking (other than the Internet package tab)? DH won’t be happy without internet access!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking at a cruise on another ship, after signing in to the Princess web site I use the drop down menu "Booked Guests" and then select "Book Onboard Activities & Services"

The first two items I see for my cruise are "Beverage Packages" and "Internet Access"

We are sailing to the Baltics in September and I just looked at my Personalizer and there are no internet packages. Only available package is "cabin to shore calling".

I am sure that there were packages some time ago.

Maybe you can call Princess or wait and see if the packages show again.

Carolyn

I have 3 cruises booked and none of them are showing Internet packages at this time. As noted above they are all showing nothing but "In-Cabin Calling To Shore". 10 minutes. $49.50

Hopefully it's just the Princess "crack IT team" making changes in order to put up the new package prices.

I just checked our 3 day SKY - 12/4/19 - no internet 'packages' - just the old 'per minute' pricing...really? - on a brand new ship?...guess Princess is playing it safe this time until further down the line

coffee package -still 15 and $ 35 or so -

Thank you for your responses. I was finally able to talk to someone at Princess and was told that they are switching over to Princess Connect. She wasn’t sure why it wasn’t appearing as internet options for me nor could she tell me the cost for the various packages (social, surf, premium) because my cruise is 8 day. She had prices for 7 and 10 day cruises.

On the positive side, she said these new packages should cost less than the previous per minute options.

I have 3 cruises booked and none of them are showing Internet packages at this time. As noted above they are all showing nothing but "In-Cabin Calling To Shore". 10 minutes. $49.50

Hopefully it's just the Princess "crack IT team" making changes in order to put up the new package prices.

I also have multiple cruises booked and the only bookings that don't show internet packages are the Pacific Princess bookings. They'll still have the packages available onboard.

We were on the Royal in January with the initial rollout of Ocean Medallion. The MedallionNet is a huge improvement over the current systems. Much more reliable and (for a ship) relatively fast. I was impressed.

The initial rollout for Ocean Medallion is

• Royal Princess (January 2018)
  • Caribbean Princess (March 2018)
  • Island Princess (May 2018)
  • Golden Princess (November 2018)
  • Crown Princess (November 2018)
  • Ruby Princess (January 2019)

Notice the Pacific Princess isn't on this list. It is in line for the upgrade, however it's the last in line with no date, so don't hold your breath.

We are on the Pacific in about a month and our personalizer shows the premium, surf and social internet packages. Does anybody know what Platinum members get?

Here is what Platinum level members get:

Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes

Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes

Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

I do appreciate this little perk.

Edited by LarryL

• 2 months later...

Just back from our cruise and I wanted to post the prices for the packages. According to the sheet we received from the Internet Cafe, the cost was social (14.95/day), surf (24.95/day) and premium (29.95/day). Since this was an 8 day cruise and we selected the surf package, I expected to pay about $200. I was billed $109.99.

So I’m still not sure what the price should be.

A friend is on the Pacific Princess now and selected the "middle package". I don't know what she paid being Elite.

So yes, the Pacific Princess has transitioned to the new packages. So far, she says the internet is better than normal.

Just back from our cruise and I wanted to post the prices for the packages. According to the sheet we received from the Internet Cafe, the cost was social (14.95/day), surf (24.95/day) and premium (29.95/day). Since this was an 8 day cruise and we selected the surf package, I expected to pay about $200. I was billed $109.99.

So I’m still not sure what the price should be.

If you purchased the first day, there is a 50% off special.

Can you ask her what the price was for Elites?

I did email her last night as we were discussing this before we left. This is what she emailed back:

"I paid $87.99 for the cruise we are on and bought the Surf package. This is also an 8 day cruise". She is on a B2B.

Before she left, there was nothing shown for the first cruise but the packages were listed on the 2nd cruise. I think her next cruise is 15 night.

I did email her last night as we were discussing this before we left. This is what she emailed back:

"I paid $87.99 for the cruise we are on and bought the Surf package. This is also an 8 day cruise". She is on a B2B.

Before she left, there was nothing shown for the first cruise but the packages were listed on the 2nd cruise. I think her next cruise is 15 night.

I assume that the $87.99 is the add-on price for elite status or $10.99/day.

For a future 15 day cruise I see a pre-cruise cost of $139.99 or $9.33/day. I assume this price does not involve Captain's Circle status as minute packages pre-cruise have not in the past. If her second segment is 15 days, it will be interesting to see if her price matches the pre-cruise one.

I’ll be going on a BI cruise on the Pacific Princess in a few months and am busy pre-purchasing. I can’t find any internet packages offered. Is there a special place I should be looking (other than the Internet package tab)? DH won’t be happy without internet access!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

For what it's worth, all internet options disappeared for Emerald between the time when she was chosen for antenna

upgrade (so she could link with the new cheap-bandwidth steerable-dish satellites) and when equipment was ready.

First there were only buy-the-minute offerings in my Personalizer, then nothing for 2 months, then an array of

unlimited-minute and buy-the-minute plans.

On the other hand, all internet offers for Regal's trans-Atlantic next spring disappeared from my Personalizer

back in April and are still gone. When my T/A checked this morning, the voice on the phone was gone for 5

full minutes, and then reported "internet purchases for that cruise are only available on board".

The key difference appears to be that the cheap steerable-dish satellite downlinks only work within 48º of the

equator, and management is trying figure out how hide that internet elsewhere still costs what it used to and

is still as slow as it used to be.

I assume that the $87.99 is the add-on price for elite status or $10.99/day.

For a future 15 day cruise I see a pre-cruise cost of $139.99 or $9.33/day. I assume this price does not involve Captain's Circle status as minute packages pre-cruise have not in the past. If her second segment is 15 days, it will be interesting to see if her price matches the pre-cruise one.

She did see a price (in advance) for her 2nd cruise but she didn't know if it included a Platinum/Elite discount or not so she didn't purchase it. There was nothing shown on her first trip. Her next trip is August 26- September 10th.