Minor turning 21 on Cruise

MartinUp

Go to Guest Services at midnight and they will issue a new Sail and Sign card that will allow her to purchase adult beverages

OP is asking about purchasing the Cheers package. I would be surprised if they sold it mid cruise pro-rated,so really not worth it.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has inquired about doing this.

my minor is turning 21 mid cruise, does anyone know if they will swell her a drink card mid cruise once she turns 21?

ok.. not sure what you are fully asking so I will say

• there is no such thing as buying a drink card so no one can
  • if you are referring to the cheers program, no one can purchase the cheers program mid trip
  • if you are referring to Carnival allowing her to drink, she should be able to once she turns 21 . no switch of cards needed

I don’t understand the new S&S card thing. Your account is tied to all your info which has your DOB in it. Carnival doesn’t issue different colored S&S cards based on age like Celebrity. Why would they get a new card?

You. Are correct, it ties to the account which I am sure has the north date. I would also bet that there is a system lock out to order booze unless the 21 or older condition is met.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The S&S card has the birthday on it somehow. My daughter turned 21 on a cruise and on her 3rd day she could buy alcohol. She did not need a new card.

Did you have to buy the card for the entire length of the cruise or just from the date she turned 21 on?

ok.. not sure what you are fully asking so I will say

• there is no such thing as buying a drink card so no one can
  • if you are referring to the cheers program, no one can purchase the cheers program mid trip
  • if you are referring to Carnival allowing her to drink, she should be able to once she turns 21 . no switch of cards needed

Sorry I could no think of the name of the Cheers program :)

Carnival page only say they may check ID for age. RCCL states

Whether or not a person may buy alcohol on the ship depends on their age at the day of sailing. If they turn 21 during the week, they still will not be allowed to. My son turned 21 on a Royal Caribbean cruise. After showing his ID the waiter placed a drink in front of me and dramatically turned around and said he couldn’t see anything 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have heard many mixed things about this issue....when I took my daughter on a cruise for her 21st birthday in 2017 I waited until after she turned 21 to set sail because of the mixed answers I had to this question. I will do the same for my son this coming summer.

Whether or not they allow your "child" to drink on the day they turn 21 mid-cruise, the rules of the Cheers program is that it must be purchased on embarkation day or day 1

I simply asked about the ability for my daugh t to drink mid ship I did not ask for a lecture on wharf you as the subscriber want believe is or is not the he definition of a minor according to your state law or mindset.

Thanks to those who helped with the actual question

I simply asked about the ability for my daugh t to drink mid ship I did not ask for a lecture on wharf you as the subscriber want believe is or is not the he definition of a minor according to your state law or mindset.

Thanks to those who helped with the actual question

Heh, welcome to CC!

Yeah, the laws around drinking age and the term "minor" are amusing, to say the least.

Anyway, hopefully klfrodo's and coevan's replies answered the mail. Because Cheers! is sold only on day of embarkation and the day after, you may have to just buy drinks in a normal fashion. Which, for a "minor" turning legal, probably isn't a bad idea vs a "15-drinks-a-day-see-if-I-can-hit-it-target" Cheers! package (not judging, mostly projecting what I would have tried...).