The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

Your review has been most helpful in planning our trip, thanks. Can you tell me if any of the ports (Hong Kong, Nagasaki, Taiwan) were tender ports? I am assuming that Shanghai for sure is not one.

Jack

Your review has been most helpful in planning our trip, thanks. Can you tell me if any of the ports (Hong Kong, Nagasaki, Taiwan) were tender ports? I am assuming that Shanghai for sure is not one.

Jack

No tender ports, we docked in all.

• 5 months later...
Someone referred your post--my hubby and I are still laughing! Can't wait till you cruise again and post!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you enjoyed it. Links to my other reviews are in my signature. Next cruise is in January - a three week Cruise from Singapore to Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines, and Viet Nam. If enough interesting things happen to generate a review it should be sometime in February.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

• 9 months later...
Love this Clasic story. :')

Lucky me got to see Dream in dry dock with the dented bow plate's cut out as she awaited new ones to be fit.

Have you read it?

It's a classic, and even some crew on ships recall this and asked me if I had read it!!

Just read this again ..... classic.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I don't know about "classic", but it is certainly the most read of my "reviews.":D But thanks for the kind thoughts.

Jack

I've read it several times, I especially love to read it aloud to others. This is no joke, but it is hilarious. Funny is timeless. ..

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

I don't know about timeless, but it has been around for a while. Every time I see this I think of the old Groucho Marx comment -"If I knew I was going to last this long I would have taken better care of myself." In the save vein, I should have done a better job editing it before posting. But thanks for your comment.:)

Jack

• 3 months later...

I’m glad someone brought this thread back because I️ read it for the first time! And all throughout I️ kept thinking...isn’t the Dream no longer in the fleet?? And then I️ finally noticed the date. [emoji5] Glad you guys survived and have enjoyed many cruises since!

I always love it when this review returns. Such a classic! Every cruiser should read this before they complain about issues that they have on board. Sailor Jack endured so much more than anyone ever should, and he handled it with so much grace and humor.

I’m glad someone brought this thread back because I️ read it for the first time! And all throughout I️ kept thinking...isn’t the Dream no longer in the fleet?? And then I️ finally noticed the date. [emoji5] Glad you guys survived and have enjoyed many cruises since!

You are correct - the Dream was sold and I think wound up in a s scrap yard somewhere.:( As you can tell from my signature we have continued to cruise with the next one in January on Princess. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jack