Owners Suite - Upgrade Offer

luvthat48

Hi,

This is my first post here - so please be gentle! LOL

We are going on our first cruise 8/6/18 on the Ecstasy. We are currently booked in a Grand Suite as it was not much more than getting 2 separate cabins and everyone wanted a balcony. Yesterday I received the upgrade/upsell email from Carnival. I was excited to get one since I have read so many things about them here. We were offered the Owners Suite. He made it sound so wonderful and I am sure it is, but WOW it is expensive. $350 more a night than what we have already paid. With taxes and fees it was over $1800 more. Sadly I had to decline.

He did tell me a few things I had not read about on these boards. They are:

- You get Platinum benefits for the entire trip.

- There are 2 of these suites on the Ecstasy. They are bigger than on the newer ships.

- They only offer the Owner's Suites to those already in suites.

- These suites are on Deck 12 and face backwards - balcony overlooks the Lido deck.

- You cannot call and book one of these and they do not show on the deck layouts.

Not sure how true all of these statements are, but that is what he told me (I took notes!). I sure wish we could have afforded to take the offer. Maybe someday when I hit the lottery!!

Unless money is no object, I wouldn't do it. $450 per person could pay for most or all of another cruise. We don't spend that much time in the cabin and the value of the platinum benefits is minimal.

Hi,

This is my first post here - so please be gentle! LOL

We are going on our first cruise 8/6/18 on the Ecstasy. We are currently booked in a Grand Suite as it was not much more than getting 2 separate cabins and everyone wanted a balcony. Yesterday I received the upgrade/upsell email from Carnival. I was excited to get one since I have read so many things about them here. We were offered the Owners Suite. He made it sound so wonderful and I am sure it is, but WOW it is expensive. $350 more a night than what we have already paid. With taxes and fees it was over $1800 more. Sadly I had to decline.

He did tell me a few things I had not read about on these boards. They are:

- You get Platinum benefits for the entire trip.

- There are 2 of these suites on the Ecstasy. They are bigger than on the newer ships.

- They only offer the Owner's Suites to those already in suites.

- These suites are on Deck 12 and face backwards - balcony overlooks the Lido deck.

- You cannot call and book one of these and they do not show on the deck layouts.

Not sure how true all of these statements are, but that is what he told me (I took notes!). I sure wish we could have afforded to take the offer. Maybe someday when I hit the lottery!!

Most of that is true, unless things have changed. I have had clients stay in one of these cabins before on a Fantasy class ship and I was able to book it directly. It may not be available for the public to book via the reservation line, but I think TA's can book them for clients. It was an amazing cabin with a separate bedroom, dining area, living area, etc. but that is A LOT of money (another cruise for me). Although you may not have as much room in your Grand Suite I'm sure you'll have an amazing time :)

We have been offered this as well at the same price. The room is gorgeous but I am not a fan of the balcony views and the room location. I refused it too. Especially at the price. I do suggest taking the upgrade if they offer you a GS with extended balcony. They are fantastic!

We have had the pleasure of staying in the Owner's Suite on the Carnival Fantasy Feb 2012. First, the room is HUGE! As an example the walking closet is the size of most interior cabins. The perks were amazing. First Class service for ANYTHING. The cabin had two full couches, a dinning room table with four chairs, a full bar with larger than dorm size fridge and sink, full king size bed that was in a separate bedroom, bathroom with separate shower and tub. The only negative was the noise from the lido deck pool below.

This is not our video but an accurate video

Only a few of the Fantasy class still have these. Some have the kids club there. I think some were renovated to put the kids club there, others were built that way.

Let me amend that...They are present on a fantasy class except Elation and Paradise, the last two Fantasy class built. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

DH and I paid $1200 to upgrade to one of the owner's suites on a different Fantasy class ship and absolutely loved it and would do it again if offered. The suite was 800 square feet with a separate master bedroom, living room, dining area, and bar. The deck was 100 square feet and overlooked the Lido deck. We had a Jr. Suite booked for that cruise. One of the reasons we did it was it was over Christmas and my DB and DSIL were also on that cruise. It gave them a nice getaway from their porthole cabin. It was a lot of money but worth it to us.

You can get the owner suite, also known as “Mickey Suite”, DO IT!

We have had it several times, and it is a completely different experience. For instance, at dinner with the captain and his staff I asked if we could see the engine room. By the time we got to our cabin the engineer had an appointment for us to go down into the engine and the next day.

My wife happen to mention to the Butler that she likes the Grand Marnier soufflé as the best dessert. They had one in our suite twice a day for the entire length of the cruise LOL

And the suite... 2 balconies, kitchen, bar, living room, bedroom and jacuzzi bathtub. And the view... wraps around the atrium overlooking the lido pool.

Trust me, get it!

We got the call before the Fascination left Jacksonville for San Juan. It was our last trip on her, so we splurged on it. It was amazing!

Just hope you don't have a bunch of runners onboard. The jogging track is right overhead...