Coffee Pots

Can you bring a coffee pot from home ? Will you get sent to the naught room?

Prohibited item. If detected, it will be held until the end of the cruise.

If you book a JS or better, there will be a coffee pot in the stateroom.

Sir, See Bobs post above. And coffee is much better in dining room than that you get at the Promenade Café. I don't know about the coffee packet types personally. I'm not fancy enough for a suite.

Heres what I did to help the coffee early in the morning. Pour a cup. then put a few shakes from a hot cocoa packet into it. Smoothed it out a bit. Was actually pretty good.

Do the staterooms have coffee pots in them? If so, are they pod-type pots or coffee packets? (I'll be on Liberty of the Seas.) I've heard the coffee sucks and was thinking about bringing my own.

If you are in a Junior Suite or better, there will be a coffee pot in the stateroom, however it is not the K-Cup type, it is supplied with ill-fitting packets that tend to make a mess.

Do the staterooms have coffee pots in them? If so, are they pod-type pots or coffee packets? (I'll be on Liberty of the Seas.) I've heard the coffee sucks and was thinking about bringing my own.

As mentioned, only in JR suite and above. They are coffee packets. They were ok, not great. I drink more hot tea than coffee and these coffee makers were awesome to make a cup of tea!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have a drink package or coffee card, the "fancy" coffee at the cafe promenade is pretty decent on Liberty. My husband tried to say skip the refreshment package next time until I had him count his bottled waters and coffees for each day.

Oh, but I'm sure NO ONE wants to see me before my first cup...:D

Lol, I sent my husband with the cards early to come back with drinks for the family each morning. Then we sat and enjoyed coffee on the balcony.

IF my husband were joining me on this cruise, he would gladly:') do this. However, on this (my virgin) cruise, it will be 3 ladies in the room.

We had a JS with a coffee pot and I took two large boxes of Starbucks individual creamers to add to our coffee in the morning and that really helped. Made it much more like home! I would also throw a few in my wristlet to take to the Windjammer at breakfast!

If you are in a Junior Suite or better, there will be a coffee pot in the stateroom, however it is not the K-Cup type, it is supplied with ill-fitting packets that tend to make a mess.

Amen to that. I’d read about the I’ll-fitting packets on here prior to my last cruise but decided to make a pot any way. The packets are too big for the 50 cent coffee maker and I had more coffee on the counter than in the carafe.

I really don’t like coffee (avid tea drinker). Have owned a Melita drip pot for over 40 years and guests say it makes great coffee - I wouldn’t know - but only makes 6 cups. Last time I was expecting a crowd, I bought a box of coffee bags - worked just like tea bags. No one complained (but food was good).

My parents (especially mom) has to have coffee FIRST thing in the morning. We took a thermos with us to supper each night and our waitstaff was more than happy to fill it for them. As long as you take a quality thermos it will still be hot in the morning =) We used a Hydro Flask Thermos.

to be precise, its a 4 cup sachet fitted into a 1 cup dispenser. hubby like sit that strong. most people don't

if you want your own and are not in a JS or above, bring a French press and your own grounds then request hot water from Room service.

First on Oasis in an OS we had a French Press that (after I figured out how to work it) made great coffee using the coffee "pancakes." Second cruise on Allure, in OS, it was the coffee maker using the same pancakes and it made OK coffee, but I like mine strong. Third cruise on Oasis in October, in OS, it was the coffee maker. Not sure what happened to the French Press between 2014 and 2017.

We usually ordered RS with a pot, which was pretty good. When traveling I sometimes take the coffee singles that look like tea bags and they make a drinkable cup with just hot tap water. All the OS on Allure and Oasis also had tea kettles to make hot water.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think the solution I use for coffee in my home might work pretty well for travel.

Aeropress plus your favorite coffee grounds. Get a carafe of hot water delivered from room service. I don't think a grinder will travel as well, but the Aeropress is smaller and cleaner than a French press, and I'm told makes much better coffee. Its a little plastic cylinder and a plunger and a filter, you can bring a bunch of paper filters or get the reusable screen. Its what the coffee snobs at my work use, and they've brought in a burr grinder so they never have to drink coffee from something that wasn't a bean 2 minutes before they drink it.

I don't know if there are manual coffee grinders or if anyone is going to be that dedicated to make one worth it.

My parents (especially mom) has to have coffee FIRST thing in the morning. We took a thermos with us to supper each night and our waitstaff was more than happy to fill it for them. As long as you take a quality thermos it will still be hot in the morning =) We used a Hydro Flask Thermos.

That's a great idea! I'll be doing this for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums