Cozumel port questions

LeesaB

I'll post this over in the Cozumel boards if needed but honestly this area gets so much more traffic, so...

The day we are scheduled to be in Cozumel there are eight (8!) ships scheduled for port that day. I've been trying to figure out if we will dock or tender and my best guess is dock. My reasoning: It appears there are now 7 places where ships can dock in Cozumel (3 at Puerta Maya, and 2 each at International Pier and Punta Langosta). All but one ship is scheduled to arrive in port before or at the same time as our ship (8AM, last ship gets in at 10AM). Is it a reasonable assumption that this last ship will be the one to tender? It's the RCI Brilliance if that matters.

Any errors in my thinking that you can shed some light on?

Also, what is Cozumel like with this many ships in port? We're headed to Chankanaab - do they throttle the amount of people they let in?

TIA

Based on this week's schedule with Pearl docking at Puerta Maya, it is likely that Pearl will be the ship to tender.

Well dang. Why is this exactly? Something to do with how much each cruise line pays a port, maybe?

I don't know if they apply a logical rule of the Larger Ship gets the pier space to cause the least

inconvenience to the most people.

Smaller ships go float your dinghy and beach it.

Wonder if this is all because of the 2017 hurricanes disrupting cruising in the eastern Caribbean

and diverting the traffic to the western Caribbean ?

Having 9 or more cruise ships in port in one day is like the Port of Miami - business as usual !

The Dawn, Pearl and Disney Magic are all scheduled for Punta Langosta on the 20th. Somebody is going to have to tender. I’m going to guess it will be the Pearl since the Magic is coming in earlier.

Im on the Dawn for the 11th sailing and might be staying for the 18th one so I guess we will see. Maybe the Dawn and Pearl captains will flip a coin.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2018.html#mar

One of the NCL ships will be tendering. Pretty sure Carnival and Royal own the other two piers on the island, so they will not be tendering. Disney would not tender if they don't have to, my mom used to work for the cruise line and they pay a premium in a lot of ports to get the most ideal dock. 50/50 you'll be tendering in Cozumel!

The Dawn, Pearl and Disney Magic are all scheduled for Punta Langosta on the 20th. Somebody is going to have to tender. I’m going to guess it will be the Pearl since the Magic is coming in earlier.

Im on the Dawn for the 11th sailing and might be staying for the 18th one so I guess we will see. Maybe the Dawn and Pearl captains will flip a coin.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2018.html#mar

Thanks for that link. I hadn't seen that port schedule site (so detailed!) before.