Tuscan Grille - Solstice

Muffinz

Ok so Wife & I have decided we might treat ourselves to a dinner at Tuscan Grille during our cruise... on celebrities website under our cruise planner it just says "prices starting from $61.65 NZD" but the sample menu does not have prices of the menu items.

Do you just pay a set price for a 2 or 3 course dinner or do you pay for each individual menu item?

this is not very clear on their website

thanks in advance

You pay a set price and then all but a couple items on the menu incur no additional charge. There are a couple premium dry aged prime steaks that cost extra if ordered. Once on the ship they often offer some discounted pricing, but this is not guaranteed to occur (depends how busy the venue is on any given sailing).

Hey Muffinz,

We just got off Equinox last Saturday. FYI The Tuscan Grille on our ship was not our favourite restaurant. Part of it was because of some personalities working there… But we dined most nights in the Luminae dining room and Tuscan Grille could not compare. Our travel companions did go to Murano and absolutely loved it. They as well didn’t enjoy their experience at TG

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

,,,Do you just pay a set price for a 2 or 3 course dinner or do you pay for each individual menu item?

this is not very clear on their website....

Be aware that the set price does not require an additional gratuity for the service staff. We usually leave something extra for excellent service, and the service has been generally excellent in the specialty restaurants. You and your wife will be able to explore the entire menu, save for a couple of premium extra-charge items as described by Gonzo70. We found the menu items to be hit or miss on our last cruise. My partner and I always order different things so we can sample a wide variety of items, and I am sure we will visit Tuscan Grille again on our upcoming Solstice cruise. Don't count on finding any muttonbird.;p

It's a one price deal unless you want the dry aged steaks. You can order whatever you want (2 course , 3 course, 4 course, multiple entrees etc.). The regular steaks are pretty good especially the fillet. You can usually get a discount on board. There will be a kiosk outside the buffet where they try and sell you on the specialty venues. I've been regularly getting 25% to 40% off and sometime 2 for one. Murano is better but discounts are harder to get or much less than what they offer for Murano. Ask for a 2 for 1 deal and negotiate from there.

On our Solstice NZ/Aus cruise we ate in Murano about 4 times & Tuscan 5, on this particular ship/cruise Tuscan was far superior... we've eaten in both restaurants on most of the S class ships & usually Murano is better, this was the one exception, it wasn't that Murano was bad, it was just that Tuscan was excellent :D Enjoy

I'd strongly recommend Murano over Tuscan. In our opinion, and of course food tastes are very subjective, Tuscan is like a slightly upscale chain restaurant that is neither real Italian, nor a real steak house and not worth the upcharge. If you're looking for a real treat in both food and service, I'd recommend Murano highly. As an extra bonus, on our last cruise on Reflection (in December) we got 2 for 1 on the first night! Win, Win!:D

It's a one price deal unless you want the dry aged steaks. You can order whatever you want (2 course , 3 course, 4 course, multiple entrees etc.). The regular steaks are pretty good especially the fillet. You can usually get a discount on board. There will be a kiosk outside the buffet where they try and sell you on the specialty venues. I've been regularly getting 25% to 40% off and sometime 2 for one. Murano is better but discounts are harder to get or much less than what they offer for Murano. Ask for a 2 for 1 deal and negotiate from there.

Generally, you can only have one entree. The other courses you are free to try multiple items, if you are able. One other point, Murano has an amazingly good cheese course, where they bring a cart tableside for you to chose the items you would like to try.

I agree with others, Tuscan is, in our experience, hit or miss.

Generally, you can only have one entree. The other courses you are free to try multiple items, if you are able. One other point, Murano has an amazingly good cheese course, where they bring a cart tableside for you to chose the items you would like to try.

I agree with others, Tuscan is, in our experience, hit or miss.

We have ordered an addition entree to share several times in Tuscan and Murano, actually never had them say no. In Murano we usually order the lobster each and chateaubriand to share (surf and turf).

We just came off the Solstice. When we embarked they offered a first day special for 3 specialty restaurants for $109. Thought that was a great deal so we tried Tuscan, Murano and silk harvest. Loved them all but have to agree that Murano was the best imho. I will have a full pictorial review started very soon...

Sent from my iPad using Forums