Changes to Divina Itinerary?

QueenofEverything

I was looking at our booking for next March 3 for the Divina 11 night cruise. It looks like they have taken out Colon and Limon and added Aruba. Anyone know anything about this?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I just looked at our Dec. 9th cruise and they did the same thing! I just booked this cruise a few days ago. Geez. Been to Aruba more times than I care to count and was looking forward to going to Costa Rica,

I was looking at our booking for next March 3 for the Divina 11 night cruise. It looks like they have taken out Colon and Limon and added Aruba. Anyone know anything about this?

Aruba is much nicer then the others.

Aruba is much nicer then the others.

Still disappointing for anyone who booked expecting Costa Rica and/or Panama to be the jewel of the cruise. I feel especially bad for those who splurged on expensive cabins, or flew across the Atlantic, to go on a cruise to places that eventually got changed. More so than Carnival ships with a vast majority Americans/Canadians who could in essence just try again next year, or at another time. I know I would be upset if I paid the money for a transatlantic ticket and my cruise itinerary was changed.

We did that cruise on Divina this year and chose the itinerary specifically for Panama & Costa Rica. Having made a 10 hour flight to reach Miami, we would have been none to happy to have that itinerary change dumped on us.

Mention was made above about the vegan group. We joined Divina as that group were leaving and those doing a B2B mentioned how disruptive they had been. Apparently meal times were changed for many guests and some venues taken over by the group for their meetings. If that could be a problem for you, it might be worth avoiding the 3 March sailing.

Our cruise February 10 is also changed.

We have been looking forward to get an opportunity to see sloths in Costa Rica so that's a little disappointing but we really love the stop at Aruba so for us it's okay.

The worst thing isn't that they change the itinerary, it's that they don't inform their customers about it! Will they tell us before the cruise?

The worst thing isn't that they change the itinerary, it's that they don't inform their customers about it! Will they tell us before the cruise?

Yes, but maybe not so fast. When they canceled Tunis on a cruise we took, we knew it from the Internet some weeks before the E-Mail finally arrived.

We just booked today and our confirmation is showing Panama but after reading this, I went to the MSC website and Panama is not showing on the itinerary on their website, so now we are wondering, as we booked it for the Panama stop. We don’t mind the change to Aurba as we love Aruba but might have second thoughts on itinerary if ship does not stop in Panama.

Chris and Shelley

We just booked today and our confirmation is showing Panama but after reading this, I went to the MSC website and Panama is not showing on the itinerary on their website, so now we are wondering, as we booked it for the Panama stop. We don’t mind the change to Aurba as we love Aruba but might have second thoughts on itinerary if ship does not stop in Panama.

Chris and Shelley

You do realise this sailing is the half charter vegan cruise also?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

March 3rd sailing.

We are on the Dec 9 sailing so hopefully this one is not chartered and stopping at Panama but noticed Panama is removed from Itinerary listing on their website but the times are still showing and says docked. Just the port name removed. My emailed confirmation from MSC yesterday lists Panama so not sure what’s going on with the Dec 9 sailing now?

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that Puerto Limon is being listed on many MSC itineraries, and then later dropped. They have the right to do this...until it becomes false advertising.

Does anyone know why Puerto Limon is being dropped? I called MSC and they knew nothing of this.

I don't know about the itinerary change, however I believe there is a large group on board, the vegan group again. I booked the Feb 21 cruise instead because of that potential disruption.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

You do realise this sailing is the half charter vegan cruise also?

Just curious: Is there a reason everyone is trying to avoid the partial charters?

Just curious: Is there a reason everyone is trying to avoid the partial charters?

This particular charter is more than half the ship over 2500 passengers and from their itineraries you have limited access to venues on board and no choice if dinner sitting etc.

After being in Colon last year on a NCL partial panama transit - I would not cancel my cruise for not going there - it did not look safe - we were told there is a lot of crime - on our excursion back to the ship we went through the city, it is very poor. We were given the choice of being dropped off at a shopping place (it was secure in a fenced in area) or taken back to the area where the ship would arrive. Most stayed on the bus to return to the terminal.

This particular charter is more than half the ship over 2500 passengers and from their itineraries you have limited access to venues on board and no choice if dinner sitting etc.

Is there any way to find out if the cruise you choose or are thinking about has a large charter group?

Thank you

So we're booked on the 10/28/18 cruise and our itinerary is still showing Colon and Limon, but interestingly enough no excursions are shown for Colon in Panama. Now I'm wondering what this means.

We are also booked on this cruise. I'm curious if anyone is booking private excursions (non MSC) for Colon. How long do we wait and see if the itinerary changes again before booking a private tour.