Ultimate drink card=free virgin drinks?

Details

We will be sailing on Star in two weeks. If we purchase an ultimate card can we drink free virgin margaritas, pina coladas, etc.? Does the card just cover soda and juices? What exactly does this card cover? Thanks in advance.

We will be sailing on Star in two weeks. If we purchase an ultimate card can we drink free virgin margaritas, pina coladas, etc.? Does the card just cover soda and juices? What exactly does this card cover? Thanks in advance.

It has been reported on these boards that this package includes unlimited soda's, mocktails, milkshakes, smoothies, juices and hot chocolate if I remember.

I'm interested in this as my wife might want it instead of just the soda card. If you drink a couple of mocktails/milkshakes a day, I would guess it pays for itself.

Mike

I found this post from another thread helpful:

Originally Posted by TwinCruiserMom viewpost.gif

I took a shot and emailed the Crown Princess food and beverage department and received the following information in a very speedy reply!

Hello Kathy

Yes the Ultimate Kid's Package or UKP is indeed available to all.

It includes:

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler (Coke, D.Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale - all from the gun available in all bar and dining locations but not through Room Service or at Princess Cays)

Unlimited Malt Shakes/Thick Shakes from the Ice Cream Bar on deck 15 by the Pizza Bar

Free Root Beer - Cans (available in all locations where Gun Soda is available)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Whirley Straw

The cost is $63.00 plus a 15% gratuity for a 7 day cruise which works out as $9.00 (+15%) per day. You can purchase one from any Bar or Dining locations or from one of the dedicated tables on Deck 15 on Embarkation day.

Originally the UKP was only for those under 21 but there was such interest from all our passengers young and old that on two vessels Princess trialled marketing it to all (hence the 2-102 you have heard about). On these two ships during the trial period we found that people of all ages did indeed go for the UKP so as from last month it has been standardised across the fleet and is available as described to you on all our ships.

I would imagine that the trial period on the two vessels is the reason that some of the people you discussed this with had differing experiences but as I said it has been rolled out across the fleet now.

The package includes all non-alcoholic mixed drinks available from any bar or dining location of course including the classic Virgin Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris as well as the exclusive Princess Mocktails:

Berry Banana - Banana, raspberry, pineapple juice and OJ

Key West Cooler - Watermelon syrup, passion fruit, cranberry juice, lime topped with Sprite

Peninsula - OJ, raspberry, passion fruit, lime, topped with soda

Tropical Blend - Banana, passion fruit, OJ

Many thanks to Dan Hutchinson who is the Bar Manager on the Crown Princess :) :) :)

Is the ultimate card available on the smaller ships, that don't have the ice-cream parlour, i.e Pacific Princess.

My dd loves hot chocolate and milk shakes, but will she be able to get them on the smaller ship.

Babs

Crown Princess June 2007

Navigator of the Seas February 2008

Emerald Princess August 2008

Grand Princess May 2009

upcoming Pacific Princess July 2010

Is there any reason we can't purchase one of the UDC/UKP's and use it for everybody in our party? My guess is one person would have to get drinks for everyone, but we're together most of the time anyway and that seems a small inconvenience to save loads of money. Throw a few rum runners in your bags or pockets and *tadaaa!* the mocktails just got a little upgrade! :D

Is there any reason we can't purchase one of the UDC/UKP's and use it for everybody in our party? My guess is one person would have to get drinks for everyone, but we're together most of the time anyway and that seems a small inconvenience to save loads of money. Throw a few rum runners in your bags or pockets and *tadaaa!* the mocktails just got a little upgrade! :D

Right!! :eek:

Beware... I just got off the phone with princess and read them this past post and she checked with her supervisor and said it is not true.... You must be under 21 to get this.

Sometimes CA is not aware of what happens on the ship.

Beware... I just got off the phone with princess and read them this past post and she checked with her supervisor and said it is not true.... You must be under 21 to get this.

Thats because you called the CSR's. :rolleyes:

Look at the letter in the above post.

Its available to anyone.

I just bought it on my Sapphire Princess cruise in February. It includes all the things listed in the previous post. I had several smoothies, soft drinks, a couple mocktails and a malt. It worked great. I don't know that I got my money's worth, but it was really easy. Of course, it's a per person purchase and I am well over 21 years old. The smoothies have bar syrups in them as well as some juice and a banana here and there.

I just bought it on my Sapphire Princess cruise in February. It includes all the things listed in the previous post. I had several smoothies, soft drinks, a couple mocktails and a malt. It worked great. I don't know that I got my money's worth, but it was really easy. Of course, it's a per person purchase and I am well over 21 years old. The smoothies have bar syrups in them as well as some juice and a banana here and there.

Fantastic! We plan to use the coke and mocktails with our coconut rum we are bringing on board to cut down on our liquor bill.

I thank all for your help. I, too, am interested in which juices are available from room service or breakfast dining.

I do think our daughter will definitely purchase this and she is over 21, but not a big alcohol drinker. However, she loves the virgin versions of all those tropical drinks.

Definitely don't have to be a 'kid' to get this. My DH got this on one of our cruises about a year or so ago, and he was 40 at the time ;)

For us, it didn't really work out to be worth it. It all depends on how many people are in your party and how much you'll be going through when it comes to what's offered on the package. I'd use his card to get some sodas every once in while (maybe one per day). And he got some mocktails (again, maybe one per day). But since most of the mocktails are made with pre-mixed solutions, they were a bit too sweet for him. And he LOVES his sweets haha.

BUT, if you want to use the sodas and sweet drinks for mixer bases, or just have sodas with most meals, then it would definitely be worth getting a card as opposed to paying for them with the 15% tip charge every time.

All in all, it depends on how much you'll be going through during the duration of your cruise ;)

Fantastic! We plan to use the coke and mocktails with our coconut rum we are bringing on board to cut down on our liquor bill.

I should add that my mocktail didn't always look like the regular cocktail. I would order a virgin strawberry daiquiri and it came in a small glass. Someone else ordered the real drink and it came in a tall fancy glass with garnishes. It was OK with me because I didn't need the big drink, be prepared that mocktails don't necessarily equal cocktails.

We used ours to purchase smoothies in the sanctuary and was not charged, large glass. We used it for milkshakes at the ice cream parlor. We had frozen banana chocolate drink, lots of other mocktails -no charge. We thought it was worth it and would purchase it again. DH could order a soda at dinner or get one when he wanted as well. You did have to show your card to be served, we were on the Ruby last month.

We used ours to purchase smoothies in the sanctuary and was not charged, large glass. We used it for milkshakes at the ice cream parlor. We had frozen banana chocolate drink, lots of other mocktails -no charge. We thought it was worth it and would purchase it again. DH could order a soda at dinner or get one when he wanted as well. You did have to show your card to be served, we were on the Ruby last month.

In the Sanctuary do you pay for food? Is it hard to get a place to sit?

Patsfan,

We are just off the Island, and both apple juice and orange juice were available at the buffet during breakfast, then they were replaced with lemonade after that. We sometimes carried a glass of juice back to the room fridge for later. Sometimes they are more accomodating for children, so you may be able to ask for A.J at other times in the buffet, or order it in the dining room.

Archived