Fiordland National Park Photos

Kiwi_cruiser

Here are some photos of Milford Sound, when we went in to it in December 2008 on our Christmas / New Year cruise on the Volendam.

We where lucky enough to be able to make it in to all 3 sounds, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound and Milford Sound.

Going in to the Milford Sound:

PC280201.jpg

PC280211.jpg

PC280220.jpg

Fantastic pics! We were told the day we went through by the guy that was doing the commentary over the loud speaker that he could not remember a day in the Sound that was as clear and as sunny as the weather we were having, but now having seen your cloudy rainy ones, makes me kinda wish we had it the other way round. Thanks for posting Stu :)

Fantastic pics! We were told the day we went through by the guy that was doing the commentary over the loud speaker that he could not remember a day in the Sound that was as clear and as sunny as the weather we were having, but now having seen your cloudy rainy ones, makes me kinda wish we had it the other way round. Thanks for posting Stu :)

I think having the sun would be so good. And yes they are fantastic photos.

The morning we sailed in it was so cold and wet. We didn't see the village of Milford.

I have been twice to Milford sound, and both times the weather wasn't very good.

I am hoping we will get back next year, trying to convince my DH to go on a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas to New Zealand.

Beautiful photos. We had to miss the fjords on our cruise last November due to bad weather. But I must say that as beautiful as they are I think the Norweigan fjords is more beautiful......

I agree with you grumpy. You've done well to see both! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. We were suppose to make a day of this last November but there were 30' seas coming from the south so went through Cook Strait on our way from Sydney and bypassed Fiordland National Park. Some of the locals said this was going to be the highlight of the trip.

• 4 months later...
Were you out on the lower promenade deck of the Volendam to take most of these great photos?

I was all over the ship taken those photo, the first few if I can remember correctly where taken from the deck where the life boats are above you (Which I think was the lower promenade deck)

The rest where taken from the top decks.

Hope this helps :)

Great photos ... wow you certainly had some water flowing off those cliffs!

We had blue sky ... which was beautiful, but certainly not that amount of water.

We were lucky to get in ... we had a force 9 gale and 4m seas the night after we left!:eek:

• 2 months later...

Archived