Cabin Door Names

travelman2009

I haven't sailed Princess in many years. I am trying to remember if Princess puts their guest names on the doors. Also if you have children with joining rooms does Princess put their names on the door as well, and if you do not want your name on the door can you have that feature removed.

We think its a great touch.
And seeing as they don't put room numbers on our cruise cards anymore that little sign with our name could be the only clue we've arrived at our cabin after a night of fun !

It reminds me of an old computer game ... "there are corridors with many doors, mostly the same..."

And seeing as they don't put room numbers on our cruise cards anymore that little sign with our name could be the only clue we've arrived at our cabin after a night of fun !

It reminds me of an old computer game ... "there are corridors with many doors, mostly the same..."

Except for the ones made from card stock when did they ever?

Except for the ones made from card stock when did they ever?
I checked cruise cards and every one from our first cruise in 1996 (plastic card with ship picture on the front) to 2005 (Platinum card, no ship picture) had the room number on the card. Passenger accounts were listed as B210-1 and B210-2 for room number B210 (example).

I have read some posts in the past where people have been concerned about the fact that their children's names were on the card and I can understand why a single woman may have a concern. However there is no trick to remove the card or just put in slip paper with your surname on it, if that is what you wish.

I checked cruise cards and every one from our first cruise in 1996 (plastic card with ship picture on the front) to 2005 (Platinum card, no ship picture) had the room number on the card. Passenger accounts were listed as B210-1 and B210-2 for room number B210 (example).

I had forgotten that years ago they did have the room number on the cards. Somewhere around 2006 they finally realized that anyone who found a lost card could get into you room, which wasn't all that long ago. Not to smart.

Hi There,

Having your cabin number on the cruise card was useful on the first few days, as I could never recall our cabin number, and once you have taken a few cruises and a few drinks cabin numbers kind of get mixed up, however if you lost your card then anyone finding it could visit your cabin.

As to names on doors sorry to say that anyone wanting to harm a child or a single women is not going to put of by a cabin not having a name on it.

yours Shogun

One of the benefits to door decorations is being able to find your cabin. I'll be decorating my door again for our Christmas cruise. I skipped it in August when we went to Alaska. And a couple of times, I walked past my door and had to turn around.

Just pull out the little slip of paper with your name on it, or turn it around so the name can't be seen. No one will replace it.

Exactly. We did this when our daughters were teens and sailing in an adjacent cabin or across the hall in an inside. No one questioned it.

Better yet, one time we changed the tags so they were in a room that was labeled with mine and DH names. My daughters are beauties, so the teen boys would sometimes look them up, encouraged or not. Of course, DH and I were actually staying in the room labeled with the girls' names. Imagine the looks on the teenage boys' faces when my very large, menacing looking (but not acting) hubby answered the door to see "what they wanted" :D

It is certainly a great help to have name cards on the doors. Last November on the Diamond we had over 150 CC'rs doing all sorts of things and every invite was taken to the various rooms by some of us. It was a big help to check the name on the door before putting the invite in the mail slot. Many had received upgrades upon boarding and the room we thought they had was now a different one. The front desk staff were very helpfull to get the invites to the correct rooms if the name was not the same.

It is certainly a great help to have name cards on the doors. Last November on the Diamond we had over 150 CC'rs doing all sorts of things and every invite was taken to the various rooms by some of us. It was a big help to check the name on the door before putting the invite in the mail slot. Many had received upgrades upon boarding and the room we thought they had was now a different one. The front desk staff were very helpfull to get the invites to the correct rooms if the name was not the same.

I have also delivered CC invites for luncheons and always check the name on the cabin vs. my list, a couple of times I have found errors.

I'm really surprised that they still do this. Not a good idea; especially for single women. I always remove it.

Certainly does make it a lot more convenient when you're looking for friend's stateroom though. Don't quite understand your comment, as nothing on the nametag for the stateroom indicates whether you are single or not.

If you feel more comfortable removing the nametag continue to do so.

Ciao for now!!!

. Don't quite understand your comment, as nothing on the nametag for the stateroom indicates whether you are single or not.

!

Only one name on the tag is sort of a dead give away (I'm referring to "single" as in traveling alone, not necessarily as in "not married").

I think they are a nice touch. Haven't seen any other lines do this, so it's something different. Like others have mentioned, it's easy enough to remove it if it makes you uncomfortable. I like to save them and keep them with the rest of the cruise documents as a little memento.

Contrary to some people's fevered imaginations, the ship is not full of predators snuffling about in search of single women and helpless children. Even if it were, just a few minutes observation out on deck would provide all the potential victims they desire, without the need to scour the passageways reading nametags. This topic comes up every now and then and, as usual, the level of paranoia is matched by the level of illogic.

Exactly. We did this when our daughters were teens and sailing in an adjacent cabin or across the hall in an inside. No one questioned it.

Better yet, one time we changed the tags so they were in a room that was labeled with mine and DH names. My daughters are beauties, so the teen boys would sometimes look them up, encouraged or not. Of course, DH and I were actually staying in the room labeled with the girls' names. Imagine the looks on the teenage boys' faces when my very large, menacing looking (but not acting) hubby answered the door to see "what they wanted" :D

Too funny and what a good idea!

Archived