Celebrity scraps some East Med cruises

derf5585

I called the Captain's Club to ask about the "special" credit offer. They told me that it cannot be combined with any other Celebrity credit, even though that's not specified in the article. As I see it, the only advantage is the $400 Suite credit.

SO GLAD we took our Holyland cruise this year...it was wonderful and I see the options for this next year are now much more limited! We were sorry to miss Egypt but the four days in Israel were excellent, so MUCH more than we anticipated.

I called the Captain's Club to ask about the "special" credit offer. They told me that it cannot be combined with any other Celebrity credit, even though that's not specified in the article. As I see it, the only advantage is the $400 Suite credit.

I was wondering that. I thought the lower level credits were lower than what you normally get booking onboard? I only skimmed the article however.

I wonder when they will tell me that my cruise is cancelled? I've had it booked for six month. You would think someone would tell me before I found out here! I've put a lot of effort into planning already. Fortunately, i don't have my air yet. My date was changed on this years TA but at least it's the same trip. Istanbul round trip was my main reason for booking. It doesn't even look like Celebrity is going there.

:(

Cynthia

Wow, those wine events sound amazing! I'd love to do something like that but it may not be in the cards for next year even if we cancel our Allure trip.

I wonder if they will clarify which trips specifically are the wine immersion ones?

I wonder when they will tell me that my cruise is cancelled? I've had it booked for six month. You would think someone would tell me before I found out here! I've put a lot of effort into planning already. Fortunately, i don't have my air yet. My date was changed on this years TA but at least it's the same trip. Istanbul round trip was my main reason for booking. It doesn't even look like Celebrity is going there.

Cynthia

I suggest that you call the Captain's Club and find out the status of your cruise. Also ask what they plan to do for you. Hope everything works in your favor.

They announced just in time....before anyone could book flights (with some exceptions). Phew!!!!!

I called and was told that they are also adding a 2 night repositioning cruise on the Connie leaving Amsterdam Sept 5, arriving Southampton Sept 7.

Cynthia

I know you're upset but don't be too upset about the sequence of finding out. Celebrity, and most companies, don't contact anyone about a change before a public announcement is made as they cannot (or will not) allow the news to leak before being made generally public. And for better or worse when the do announce publicly one of our great news hounds, like Derf, will post it here ASAP and before they have a chance to contact TA's and customers. Of course this is giving Celebrity the benefit of the doubt that they will make good efforts to contact everyone - something we've all read exceptions about here from time to time.

I suggest that you call the Captain's Club and find out the status of your cruise. Also ask what they plan to do for you. Hope everything works in your favor.

Thanks I just called and they said they had no idea what I was taking about. My booking is still current. However, I checked and it was removed from "My Celebrity." Captain's Club said if it was true the problem was that my travel agent hasn't gotten in touch with me yet. I wonder how long it will have to wait? I guess I will call my TA tomorrow although I doubt that they know either.

Cynthia

Hey all you experienced cruisers, do changes like this happen often? I understand changing a port or two, but almost the entire itinerary (except embark/disembark port)?

We booked early and booked our flights since I was using ff miles. Now our 5/11 itinerary has changed...significantly. We were really excited about going to Turkey and the Greek Isles. Now, my sister has already been to 5 of the 8 cities on a land tour where she got to see much more than we'll see on a shore excursion. I guess we'll have to see what all the air change fees are going to be. I'm a little hesitant to even rebook with Celebrity on another itinerary at this point, what's next?

To say I'm mad and sad is an understatement (:(:confused::mad:), but does this happen often? Am I being unreasonable? This is only my second cruise, so I'm not sure what to expect in this regard.

What a shame Celebrity have pulled the Greek Islands/Turkey cruise, we have just come back from the cruise on 1st Oct, it was a brilliant itinerary. Istanbul was amazing, Bodrum was very pretty, as was Mykonos and what can you say about Santorini, a gem. I for one won't be doing the "wine" cruises!! :(

Thanks I just called and they said they had no idea what I was taking about. My booking is still current. However, I checked and it was removed from "My Celebrity." Captain's Club said if it was true the problem was that my travel agent hasn't gotten in touch with me yet. I wonder how long it will have to wait? I guess I will call my TA tomorrow although I doubt that they know either.

Cynthia

We are in the same boat. :( My major reason for booking was the time in Istanbul, which I just love. I booked directly thru Celebrity and the "My Celebrity" shows the new itin. Absolutely not interested in this one. I will be curious to see how long it takes Celebrity to notify me.

Anne

Kudos to X..... a travel advisory has been issued until Jan '12....:p

I for one will now book all my sailings with them with this adjustment...just saying .

It is too costly and dangerous to deal with some itineraries and they made an ED...(executive decision):D.

CC

They announced just in time....before anyone could book flights (with some exceptions). Phew!!!!!

I called and was told that they are also adding a 2 night repositioning cruise on the Connie leaving Amsterdam Sept 5, arriving Southampton Sept 7.

That sounds interesting but don't see it on the X website yet.

Archived