Controversy with all inclusive - what would you like included?

English Tim

So far since we debated what may or may not be included in the new package, we haven't really put what we feel should be included - what we like drinking, so maybe folks would like to make some suggestions, which could then be put to Azamara UK, who stated at the London Cruise Show, that the only exclusions would be top shelf spirits and Champagne.

I'd like to see most beers, though I don't drink much.

Baileys

Brandy

Dark rum

Port

Speciality restaurants

When I am able to compile a list, I propose to send it to Sonia Limbrick of AZ UK. I guess Bill will see it on here.

OK! I will play the 'fantasy selected booze game'

Bill said that it was down to the suppliers they had deals with. So I looked up Cutty Sark and my most fav whisky for normal drinking is part of their portfolio. The price is the same but the whisky much smoother.

Edrington group blend Cutty Sark and Grouse

I vote for: The Famous Grouse to be on the list :)

Hubby wants a dark rum and a port :)

Yvonne

English Tim, Are you implying that AZ broke some sort of law in the UK by not providing you with every type of liquor you like to drink? Are you planning some sort of legal action against the cruise line? Really.........

Go enjoy your cruise and I hope in the future you can find a cruise line that provides everything you seek.

'I'd like to see most beers, though I don't drink much.

Baileys

Brandy

Dark rum

Port'

Like English Tim, these would be my drinks of choice, but I am sure I will manage with the selection, or indeed pay for what I would like ad hoc, and yes Grouse instead of Cutty Sark.

Any decent Bottled Uk Beers would do for DH.

English Tim, Are you implying that AZ broke some sort of law in the UK by not providing you with every type of liquor you like to drink? Are you planning some sort of legal action against the cruise line? Really.........

Go enjoy your cruise and I hope in the future you can find a cruise line that provides everything you seek.

I appreciate you may be a loyal AZ cruiser, but it doesn't devalue my argument.

I am not seeking to drink top shelf liquor, just standard house brands, as promised before I booked and paid in full.

Yes, I believe Azamara did contravene English Law, by advertising something, which it is clearly not and appears to be a mistake. However, I believed when I booked and was subsequently told that very little would cost extra.

This complaint doesn't make me a bad person, nor does it mean that I wont enjoy my cruise, or book another one.

I have yet to try Silverseas, but when I do I can make a reasonably sound judgement as to which suits my wife and I best.

Specialty dining is not really likely to be a "more inclusive" addition as it is unlikely that restaurants seating 60 each could really cope with 694 people per night.

It was bad enough when they offered 2 for 1 on my last cruise in November

At $25 per person per night this is not excessive for the service you get and if you want you can take 4 hours over your dinner as some did on my last cruise.

You could of course get a suite and even have the menu served in your suite all cruise.

If people really can not afford an extra $25 then when perhaps even a deck 3 cabin is too expensive then maybe Azamara is not for them.

As an other Azamara convert try it and come back and tell us if you get as good a deal elsewhere

Proctor, thanks for your thoughts. I guess the meals option wouldn't work. I'd be more than happy to try this, but have found in the past that main restaurant meals are generally excellent.

I've been dieting for a month, so anything different sounds wonderful.

I think the problems for the UK market, are with the included drinks.

If I booked at Sandals, I'd expect or other AI resorts I'd expect all bar top shelf drinks to be included.

What I find particularly distasteful is the feeling that US AZ patrons feel that us Brits are looking for something for nothing. I have paid a premium price for an all inclusive product. I don't wish to have to think about whether or not a standard drink is included. I can afford to pay, but for some it may be different.

My $0.02:

More choice in tequila. That being said, I'm usually fine with most if the person knows how to make a margarita.

Captain Morgan's rum (that's for my DH).

Malbec, Beaujolais. More than one wine a day....it's really not different than how it was when we cruised (and loved it!) in 2011. I also requested an earlier day's free wine when I didn't like the one offered that day.

I can understand better beer not being included....people can drink a LOT of beer.

I'm figuring we'll stick with the free package and pay by the drink (or bring on board) if we want something different.

Specialty dining is not really likely to be a "more inclusive" addition as it is unlikely that restaurants seating 60 each could really cope with 694 people per night.

It was bad enough when they offered 2 for 1 on my last cruise in November

At $25 per person per night this is not excessive for the service you get and if you want you can take 4 hours over your dinner as some did on my last cruise.

You could of course get a suite and even have the menu served in your suite all cruise.

If people really can not afford an extra $25 then when perhaps even a deck 3 cabin is too expensive then maybe Azamara is not for them.

As an other Azamara convert try it and come back and tell us if you get as good a deal elsewhere

Oh please don't make this a 'You shouldn't be travelling A if you can't afford a speciality restaurant' issue, it is about inclusivity :rolleyes:

It works well on Oceania, you are allowed 1 visit to each speciality restaurant per cruise which you can pre-book online before your cruise.

I wasn't advocating a free for all as you are implying.

It may not be 'fantasy', as I have made enquiries, as to whether or not the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act has been breached.

Tim, you'll find all the 'ammo' you need if you google Carlill v Carbolic Smoke ball co and the implied 'offer to treat' within that landmark case......that said I think you'll find the legal jurisdiction will be held under US law, and not UK, so you'll have a challenge making that argument stick.

In any case, do you really, really want to claim recompense from Azamara?

Whilst I agree with you and lots of others that the wording used was wrong, their entire web wording/confusion/T&C variances of late is poor, and very frustrating. We all know that. They know that (well....maybe).

If you're thinking class action, count me out.:(

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

David

Yes, I believe Azamara did contravene English Law, by advertising something, which it is clearly not and appears to be a mistake. However, I believed when I booked and was subsequently told that very little would cost extra.

I have yet to try Silverseas, but when I do I can make a reasonably sound judgement as to which suits my wife and I best.

If this is really where you're going, you can add Silverseas to your potential defendants' list. They charge for speciality restaurants.:eek:

Frankly, I'd be happy to go back to the wine with lunch and dinner policy.

But, if "select spirits" are going to be included, there ought to be a sparkling wine, and it doesn't have to be a real champagne. A cava or prosecco would be fine. A bubbly is festive, and that goes with "upmarket" cruising. There should also be a dry or amontillado sherry for before dinner and an aperitif or two (e.g., Campari). And a port and perhaps a small choice of after-dinner liqueurs, and it doesn't have to be something expensive like Drambuie or B&B. It's just a nice way to finish a fine dinner.

I'm not a beer drinker, but the announced selection is simply appalling. How about something dark and with body, not this American pop beer.

As announced, the included spirits package looks like the cheapest, most bare-bones offering Azamara felt they could get away with.:rolleyes:

Proctor, thanks for your thoughts. I guess the meals option wouldn't work. I'd be more than happy to try this, but have found in the past that main restaurant meals are generally excellent.

I've been dieting for a month, so anything different sounds wonderful.

I think the problems for the UK market, are with the included drinks.

If I booked at Sandals, I'd expect or other AI resorts I'd expect all bar top shelf drinks to be included.

What I find particularly distasteful is the feeling that US AZ patrons feel that us Brits are looking for something for nothing. I have paid a premium price for an all inclusive product. I don't wish to have to think about whether or not a standard drink is included. I can afford to pay, but for some it may be different.

Tim, I thought that this issue had been done to Death,

Just enjoy your cruise & see how you feel afterwards.

By the way I am English & also a long time Azamara fan who was very critical of the new policy last year.

Eric

Tim, I thought that this issue had been done to Death,

Just enjoy your cruise & see how you feel afterwards.

By the way I am English & also a long time Azamara fan who was very critical of the new policy last year.

Eric

I have to agree, its getting repetitive and a trifle annoying seeing the same cruisers resurrecting the same arguments in alternative guises about something the cruiseline is still in the first few weeks of delivering

I suggest people go on an Azamara cruise and see what they enjoy and to what extent they feel they have to pay extra; then reflect is that because they have very specific tastes or a genuine gap, then feed it back to Azamara in their end of cruise feedback. That was the cruiseline can get balanced feedback across their customer base.

Well I was rather enjoying it as a bit of a game that might of influenced a little bit. It all gone a bit rotten now.

I did not think it was resurection of an old argument, I also did not like the implied ' if you can't afford it then should you be on azamara' snipe.

What a pity, can't we just play the favourites game, pleeeeeeeease:cool:

Yvonne

"I appreciate you may be a loyal AZ cruiser, but it doesn't devalue my argument."

Tim, I have been on one AZ cruise and did have some issues ...but I have booked two more. I really enjoy the longer port stays and being able to get to many ports the big ships can't.

My DH and I don't even drink so imagine how we feel paying extra to support all who do.

I sincerely hope you and your wife have a lovely cruise.

Be sure to let us know your thoughts on your cruise.

Regards, Kathy

I'll play this game (although I'll happily drink what is provided and pay for what isn't)...I'd definitely like a sparkling wine (cava or prosecco) so that I can have a kir royale (I think cassis was on the included list of mixers) and for sure a couple of different beers (Bud is tasteless) We usually have a bottle of sparkling wine (Azamara Club benefit) and I wonder if we could ask for cassis for the stateroom? I guess another option would be to tote the bottle around and have the various bartenders mix me up a Kir Royale?? LOL

Mare....just take your free bottles of bubbles to Mosaic and ask Ruby to help you out. Last October she provided us with ice buckets, stem glasses, Cassis, Peach liqueur etc.....all so we could mix our own Kir Royale's and Bellini's and no question of any payment.

We did have a fair number of bottles of free fizz to get rid of though! :D

I'll play this game (although I'll happily drink what is provided and pay for what isn't)...I'd definitely like a sparkling wine (cava or prosecco) so that I can have a kir royale (I think cassis was on the included list of mixers) and for sure a couple of different beers (Bud is tasteless) We usually have a bottle of sparkling wine (Azamara Club benefit) and I wonder if we could ask for cassis for the stateroom? I guess another option would be to tote the bottle around and have the various bartenders mix me up a Kir Royale?? LOL

Kir Royale is a basic Captains Club drink on Celebrity, so surprised is not on Azamara, or no sparkling wine is included.

Archived