Lounge chairs

firsttimer2012

1. ms Westerdam I believe is the name of the ship. We will be getting a larger balcony then most (not a standard size)

What do you mean 'larger balcony than most'?

Are you sailing in a Neptune Suite with aft wrap around verandah? If

so, there usually are loungers on those verandahs.

If not, what category/location cabin are you referencing?

I don't know what room or balcony that we are looking at yet. I have just did a couple of searches.

I guess my question is, if there is room, can we take or ask our Stewart for a couple of lounge chairs for our balcony?

That is a maybe.

We've read of StewarDs bring two loungers and then we've heard when they were not able to.

If you are looking at Neptune Suites, you will find they have two rattan chairs with ottomans and I find them very comfortable. My DH took many a nap on them. :)

The Neptune Suite Verandahs on HAL ships are larger than most other ships and are very comfortable.

If a Pinnacle Suite, you could likely get two loungers. :)

If you are thinking of a chaise-type lounge chair, on a standard veranda stateroom veranda, there is not room for a such type of furniture. If you are in a Signature or Neptune Suite, there is such a type of lounge chair already there.

I am not sure about the Veranda Suites of the S-Class or the R-Class ships as to room for such a type of chair. My guess would be that there would not be room.

If you are thinking of a chaise-type lounge chair, on a standard veranda stateroom veranda, there is not room for a such type of furniture. If you are in a Signature or Neptune Suite, there is such a type of lounge chair already there.

I am not sure about the Veranda Suites of the S-Class or the R-Class ships as to room for such a type of chair. My guess would be that there would not be room.

The verandahs for Neptune Suites on the "S" and "R" Class ships are larger than the Vistas/Signatures by a considerable amount. There is plenty of room for two loungers and for years when they first were in the fleet, there were two upscale loungers in place on all the Neptune Verandahs. They were replaced about 4 or 5 years ago.

Just check with your cabin steward when you see him/her. Not everyone has a Neptune Suite on these ships and maybe you can get something worked out. It's easy to get sidetracked by the "suite" people, but just ask when you get situated.

1. ms Westerdam I believe is the name of the ship. We will be getting a larger balcony then most (not a standard size)

Just check with your cabin steward when you see him/her. Not everyone has a Neptune Suite on these ships and maybe you can get something worked out. It's easy to get sidetracked by the "suite" people, but just ask when you get situated.

What does this post by firsttimer mean?

What is a larger balcony than most?

It was a reasonable question to ask what cabin category about which

they are asking.

Asking is fine ... but the OP needed to be made aware that not all verandah's have room for a full lounger chair. I don't see the "suite people" sidetracking anything.

I could be wrong but didn't you have a thread about upgrading to a neptune suite? Anyway, like others have pointed out a lounger might not fit on a regular balcony so I don't really understand your post. Could you explain? Thx.

On the Oosterdam we were mid ship in room 6052 I believe just a standard veranda suite when we went to Mexico at Xmas in 2010 and I was surprised we had a lounger. Now on our Nieuw Amsterdam with the inaugural in 2010,2012 we had room 6054 which was midship and we had a lounger in our balcony with 2 chairs and ottoman. Now we will be going to Caribbean March in room 8028 and we will see. I have never asked and if we can have one lounger it will be great! Oh by the way guys this is a standard balcony.

Happy Cruising!

3STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/ eastern Carribean Cruise 3/15/2015

If the OP books an SZ - SS there will be two nicely cushioned chairs with footstools, also a small table to go between them. Found these to be very comfortable especially if one adds a pillow to the back. For the money, we think that these cabins are a bargain.

Do you mean that you are in one of the two cabins with the double-wide balcony? If so, there is no guarantee there will be a lounger. We have had this cabin on the sister-ship, the Zuiderdam, and no loungers.

Thank you for all of the helpful information. One of the cabins that we are looking at is 8099, the one that bends a little bit.

It looks like there would be room for at least one lounge chair, maybe even two.

Has anyone had one of these rooms before? I believe it is SY8099

I could be wrong but didn't you have a thread about upgrading to a neptune suite? Anyway, like others have pointed out a lounger might not fit on a regular balcony so I don't really understand your post. Could you explain? Thx.

No, I did not have a thread about upgrading to a Neptune suite I think it does get confusing when someone is talking about a verandah and someone else is talking about Neptune suites. It's hard to get it sometimes if you are not familiar with the different categories. I believe the OP was talking about a verandah.