Baby pool on carnival

Ducky2814

I've been doing lots of research on taking my 1yo on a carnival cruise. Obviously she's not allowed in the pools because she's not potty trained, but I've read lots of post about people taking small inflatable pools and using them on the decks but I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers for.:confused: Is the ship actually ok with this? How do you fill the pool? Where do you drain it? Did your child enjoy it? Was it worth all the work? (I'm only toying with the idea just trying to get more perspective on it) TIA!

33 cruises on Carnival and I've never seen this done. How would you fill it? Where would you drain it? With a ship full of passengers where would you put it to not slow the flow of people walking around?

1) It is ok but must be in a tucked away area

2) Bring a bucket and scoop it up out the pool

3) You CAN NOT put the water back in the pool as it is "contaminated" ask a member of crew and they will instruct you as where to dump it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

I took my son on a cruise when he was 10 months old. At that age he could have cared less about a pool or really anything for that matter. Except food. That he cared about and they were great! Made to order steamed veggies each day on lido. I asked once and they had them each time they saw us! The crew is amazing with babies especially, mostly because they miss their own families...have fun. Leave the pool at home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I've been doing lots of research on taking my 1yo on a carnival cruise. Obviously she's not allowed in the pools because she's not potty trained, but I've read lots of post about people taking small inflatable pools and using them on the decks but I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers for.:confused: Is the ship actually ok with this? How do you fill the pool? Where do you drain it? Did your child enjoy it? Was it worth all the work? (I'm only toying with the idea just trying to get more perspective on it) TIA!

I also am planning a cruise and will be taking me of those pools but to use it as a bath tub in the room, I have gotten to much neg feed back I will not try and take it on deck for my child to play in, even though I think it would be fine if it was out of the way, no matter what we do with our children we will have those people who think you shouldn't have them on the cruise and criticize everything we do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have read many reviews where parents brought these inflatable pools/bathtubs.

Filled them up on Lido and put them off to the side.

There are drains to dump them in.

And for the people saying don't bring your kids on a cruise until they are 5, REALLY???:mad:

Carnival is a family oriented cruise line. If you don't like it, go to Celebrity, HAL, or Princess.

Seriously. Some people just need to keep their mouths shut when they have nothing positive to contribute.

Good Luck OP!!!

P.S. If you have a balcony, you can also put it out there. You have a drain, or you can dump it in the shower. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

I also am planning a cruise and will be taking me of those pools but to use it as a bath tub in the room, I have gotten to much neg feed back I will not try and take it on deck for my child to play in, even though I think it would be fine if it was out of the way, no matter what we do with our children we will have those people who think you shouldn't have them on the cruise and criticize everything we do

The vast majority of people are just fine with it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read many reviews where parents brought these inflatable pools/bathtubs.

Filled them up on Lido and put them off to the side.

There are drains to dump them in.

And for the people saying don't bring your kids on a cruise until they are 5, REALLY???:mad:

Carnival is a family oriented cruise line. If you don't like it, go to Celebrity, HAL, or Princess.

Seriously. Some people just need to keep their mouths shut when they have nothing positive to contribute.

Good Luck OP!!!

P.S. If you have a balcony, you can also put it out there. You have a drain, or you can dump it in the shower. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

We have a balcony and thought of using it there

I also am planning a cruise and will be taking me of tho

And you will be FINE! Don't listen to the old fuddy duddies on here. It's been done and bothers nobody, as long as it's off to the side. Enjoy your cruise!!!!!:D

I kind of straddle the fence on this one... if the rules state you can bring your child (and they do), go ahead and have the time of your lives and enjoy every minute.

if it says that inflatable pools are prohibited... keep the pools at the house and find other things to do.

Enjoy your cruise to the absolute fullest.... following the rules of the ship!

Enjoy your cruise!

Some people are not worth discussing with. In an open form namecalling is not necessary. Time to put you in the rear view mirror and move forward. Have a good night.

LOL, I was wondering when you were going to come to this realization. Some people just like to pick fights and try to get under your skin. Not worth your time or energy! Glad you are carrying on. Enjoy your night :D

To the OP

While I don't care one way or another if you bring an inflatable pool, I think it will be easier on you to take your child to the beach. It will probably be much less of a hassle than finding a spot, setting up the pool, filling it, having to put up with looks and remarks you'll get (and whether you want to admit it or not, they will get to you and put a downer on your day), then have to drain the pool at the end with or without crew help. You should do whichever you feel works best, but I think the beach and no pool on the Lido will give you a better experience overall.

Edited by Rudyard

LOL, I was wondering when you were going to come to this realization. Some people just like to pick fights and try to get under your skin. Not worth your time or energy! Glad you are carrying on. Enjoy your night :D

Lol. Once I realized that I just stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't understand why people needs to bring a pool. First of all it's not allowed. Then someone else doesn't think you should bring kids until they are 5. Carnival is the fun ship and they have a lot to do for all ages. We have a 3 and 6 year old and we always go on Cruises. We never had problems putting my kids in the pool before they were potty trained because we put swimming diapers on them. Just don't make a big deal about it and put a swimmer diaper on under the bathing suit and no one will say anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We never had problems putting my kids in the pool before they were potty trained because we put swimming diapers on them.

Gotta love considerate people who follow rules [emoji849]

Edited by First and Ten

I just can't understand why people needs to bring a pool. First of all it's not allowed. Then someone else doesn't think you should bring kids until they are 5. Carnival is the fun ship and they have a lot to do for all ages. We have a 3 and 6 year old and we always go on Cruises. We never had problems putting my kids in the pool before they were potty trained because we put swimming diapers on them. Just don't make a big deal about it and put a swimmer diaper on under the bathing suit and no one will say anything.

Unfortunately though, this is probably a reason why some people don't want to cruise with our kids. Swim diapers are not allowed, just as baby pools aren't. Swim diapers do not absorb urine. They just contain the poop (sometimes). I've seen many a time in pools when containment was not exactly successful, which results in the pool being closed down. I know lots of pools outside of cruise ships allow them though. I am only speaking for myself, but I just prefer to stick with the rules.

Unfortunately though, this is probably a reason why some people don't want to cruise with our kids. Swim diapers are not allowed, just as baby pools aren't. Swim diapers do not absorb urine. They just contain the poop (sometimes). I've seen many a time in pools when containment was not exactly successful, which results in the pool being closed down. I know lots of pools outside of cruise ships allow them though. I am only speaking for myself, but I just prefer to stick with the rules.

yup... you are absolutely right... I have NO ISSUES with bringing children that are allowed BUT this makes the argument to NOT BRING them valid....

if the parents would only know the real problems they cause... maybe they would not break the rules and affect others.

All I read about are entitled people on this board thinking this rule or that rule doesnt apply to them . Its really amazing

yup... you are absolutely right... I have NO ISSUES with bringing children that are allowed BUT this makes the argument to NOT BRING them valid....

if the parents would only know the real problems they cause... maybe they would not break the rules and affect others.

All I read about are entitled people on this board thinking this rule or that rule doesnt apply to them . Its really amazing

You have to understand some people's mindset...."It's MY vacation (not like there isn't 3000 other people on board and it's their vacation too). I paid MY money and I should be able to do what I want to do". That attitude and mindset seems more and more prevalent today.

You have to understand some people's mindset...."It's MY vacation (not like there isn't 3000 other people on board and it's their vacation too). I paid MY money and I should be able to do what I want to do". That attitude and mindset seems more and more prevalent today.

unfortunately its sad but true. People post here about doing things to break the rules because they don't think it applies to them and others tell them to go ahead and do it and ignore the people who want to have a good time within the rules because they don't think it affects them but rules keep changing and getting more strict because of these people...

Not only will people say something, the pool supervisor will ask you to get out of the pool. The pool will be taken out of service until sanitized. Failure of the cruise line to follow strict guidelines regarding diapered children in pools results in sanctions.