Ernest Marchain

florisdekort

A new Azamara Cruise Director, boarding Quest in Costa Rica tomorrow. Has anyone heard of him?

From his Facebook page:

“ Today starts a new adventure! Going to join Azamara Club Cruises ship “QUEST” in new position of ACD/Cruise Director! Going corporate for the first time in my career! Best part is I will still be doing my solo show and singing along with managing all the entertainment on the ship. Many thanks to Azamara, colleagues and friends for making this possible! So thankful! “

Cheers,

Floris

Yes, i singing on Journey, he did his own show on one of our cruises last year, quite talented but not as good as some of the reviews on his website might say. However may not have been a fair reflection on that cruise.

I know Russ is due for a vacation but where is he going if this new person was hired as the Quest CD? Is this temporary while Russ is on vacation or permanent?

We love Russ; think he is the best and would love to know where he will be post his vacation.

I know Russ is due for a vacation but where is he going if this new person was hired as the Quest CD? Is this temporary while Russ is on vacation or permanent?

We love Russ; think he is the best and would love to know where he will be post his vacation.

I assumed that he was hired to be the "float" CD since Russ, Eric and Tony each have their "own" ships. :confused: LuAnn

I assumed that he was hired to be the "float" CD since Russ, Eric and Tony each have their "own" ships. :confused: LuAnn

LuAnn-Good to hear from you and hope Russ can land somewhere where we can enjoy his talents again!

A float CD is fine. Our challenge is Quest will be sailing out of our range and will have to look at Journey.

He is so talented in my opinion and we have spent the last two holiday cruises with his Christmas wonder shows and great NYE events. He made our cruises special for sure.

Read post #7 above.

Permanent one is to be Tony Markey, there was a formal announcement around before Christmas. Just my take but I would expect that Ernest will get to be the ‘floater’ covering leave arrangements.

You would need more than one floater, as Russ, Eric, and Tony are each on vacation four months out of the year (four months on, two months off , then repeat), and the floater can't work all twelve months.

As I understand it, Ernest will work with Russ as an assistant CD for two months and then fill in for Russ during Russ's two month vacation. Note that Ernest's Facebook posting said he'd be "ACD/Cruise Director" on Quest.