Celebrity Life rolling out on Equinox !!! - MERGED THREADS

FinelyCruising

I received my Starring You newsletter yesterday introducing the new programs such as the Savor program, Discover program and others. Here is a snippet of Savor until you get your newsletter!

Savor the Momement

In the past, we've invited you to enjoy a wide variety of savory dishes while you cruise around the world. Now, we're extending the invitation to put you behind-the-scenes and in the kitchen with the master chefs themselves. Introducing our Savor series, designed by award-winning chef, and Celebrity's Vice President of Culinary Operations Jacques Van Staden. It's your chance team up with master chefs on the cutting boards, explore the "Art of Food and Wine Pairing" or expand your palate during the "Riedel Comparative Wine Workshop" designed in partnership with Riedel® Crystal.

Read on below to see all the special programs awaiting you onboard.

"Food As Art" Culinary Series

• "The Heartbeat of the Operation" Behind-the-scenes

• "A Taste of Equinox" Globally Influenced Specialty Cuisine

• "Star Chefs" Cooking Competition

• "Global Flavors" Regional Preparations

Celebrity's Signature Spirits Series

• Mixology 101 from Bacardi

• Gastro-Mixology in Galleria Tastings

• Small Batch Bourbon Tasting**

• Whiskey Jameson Tasting**

• Master of Malts**

"Celebrity Vineyards" Wine Series

• Celebrity's Wine Appreciation 101**

• Celebrity's World Wine Tour and Silent Auction**

• "The Art of Food and Wine Pairing"**

• "Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop"**

• View of the Vineyards Regional Wine Tour**

• Celebrity's Signature Wine Dinner**

• Savoring At Sea: Champagne and Sparkling Wine Tasting**

• Jazz, Port, and Chocolate Tasting Seduction**

*Celebrity Life programming will be available fleetwide by November 2009. Programs vary by ship and itinerary.

**Additional charges apply.

Thanks sounds terrific! Thank you for posting! DH and I have taken advantage of the Wine Tastings in the past (both X and RCL) and have enjoyed them.

I heard they have done away with the Wine Auctions at Sea which is a shame, though, the one real complaint I had about it was that you were unable to sample the wine before you could buy it. You could end up with a few bottles in a mixed case that you just wouldn't enjoy! (But of course, we were very lucky and discovered a few that we just love!!)

Lady_G

Just received an email outlining the Celebrity Life activities that are debuting on Equinox (to be rolled out on all ships in November).

I really like some of the options they've added. The cooking competition where we'd get to be a "sous chef" and the stargazing activities sound and the chef's wine dinner sound great to me. I'm going to have to cruise more so I have time to try these things out.

While some things have been offered for some time, I like the new things they are planning to offer.

I think the enrichment programs are the thing that sets Celebrity apart. When we took a TA in 2008 I was lucky enough to get a daily seat in a water colour painting class on sea days - it was truly one of the highlights of the cruise for me!

The language and educational programs are really appealing to me. I always have good intentions of doing research into the ports we're going to visit, but never seem to do it. The cooking would also be fun - but I think I'd rather watch than participate ;)

I posted this on Sept 2nd but no one seemed very intrigued by the new offerings:

Got a new e-mail today about new programs to be offered on board-- classes, scrapbooking, computers, language lessons, dancing,most with a fee. But the star gazer series looks like it is free & seems really nice--Hope its on our cruise this month! ("Stargeezer" ???)http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyc...&SRC=PGI330056

Hope the link works!

from the e-mail :

Stargeezer Series

Stargazers will be inspired to stare skyward as they learn about astronomy, telescope tips, and even celestial navigation through Celebrity's new alliance with Stargeezer, a program devoted to educating you about astronomy.

The Basics

• Welcome to the Stars

• Today in the Sky: Daily updates in Celebrity Today

• Reading the Sky: Basics about the Telescope and Astronomy Equipment

The Social Astronomer

• The Stargazer's Party out on deck

• Star Hunt: Team event to find the evening's planets and stars

• Navigation: How the ship's team charts its course

I don't consider myself a "geezer" yet, but I still can't believe that they would use the term Stargeezer even if it is linked to an astronomy company.

I thought it was a bad joke when I originally saw the e-mail and didn't see the explanation and was waiting for a retraction.

Guest maddycat
I don't consider myself a "geezer" yet, but I still can't believe that they would use the term Stargeezer even if it is linked to an astronomy company.

I thought it was a bad joke when I originally saw the e-mail and didn't see the explanation and was waiting for a retraction.

I agree. I think that it is in poor taste. Not cute or funny at all.

This is from the document, the poster was changing the wording and should be scolded about five hundred times more for the not so funny...

Stargazer Series

Stargazers will be inspired to stare skyward as they learn about astronomy, telescope tips, and even celestial navigation through Celebrity's new alliance with Stargazer, a program devoted to educating you about astronomy.

The Basics

• Welcome to the Stars

The Social Astronomer

digITal Series

iPod addicts can learn new iTunes® tips and tricks while onboard, and novice and experienced computer users alike can boost their technological prowess through Celebrity's "digITal" series, with courses ranging from Photoshop® and Windows XP® primers to BlackBerry® tips and blog creation.

• Language Learning with Rosetta Stone**

• Learn Your Blackberry

• Internet for Travelers**

• Email for Beginners

• How to Shop Online**

• Internet and Email for Beginners**

• Learn Your Laptop**

• Windows XP Tips and Tricks**

• iTunes Tips & Tricks**

• Blackberry Functions and Features**

• Top 10 Cool Web Sites You Should Know!**

• Internet for Travelers**

• Intermediate Email**

• Photoshop**

• Create Your Free Online Travel Blog**

• Windows Movie Maker® Fun**

Thank-you host Anne for the post.

I checked my E-Mail and found the new Celebrity Life letter! It is nice to see that Celebrity reversing the downward trend by adding things rather than taking them away.

Has anyone a recent copy of Celebrity Today? I'd like to see how these new items are scheduled and to get an idea of how much they cost.

We were on Century in April and the "Stargeezer" was on board. The fellow who conducted the program called himself the "stargeezer". People loved the program, and him!

There are a lot of other things that could be considerably more derogatory. I don't necessarily think this is one of those times when people need to get their knickers in a knot. ;)

If you go to the Celebrity Life page on the website http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=celebrity%5Flife&cS=SIDENAV&ProspectID=2C94985BF4F1492D8008CD4E44836AD1&SRC=PGI330456 and then click on each individual item - the title is a hot link -- (Savor the Moment; Discover a World of Possibilities; Renew Yourself) it will bring up a list of items under each section. Items that have a double asterisk will have an additional charge. There are plenty of programs that appear to be free at this point in time. Check them out.

hcat ~ sorry I didn't see your thread on Sept. 2. I just became aware of these programs when I saw the email today!

This is from the document, the poster was changing the wording and should be scolded about five hundred times more for the not so funny...

Stargazer Series

Stargazers will be inspired to stare skyward as they learn about astronomy, telescope tips, and even celestial navigation through Celebrity's new alliance with Stargazer, a program devoted to educating you about astronomy.

The Basics

• Welcome to the Stars

The Social Astronomer

FOLKS:

I DID NOT CHANGE IT--I copied it directly from the e-mail sent to me by Celebrity- And I also posted the link to it in that same post incase anyone wanted to see the other offerings (that link NOW reads temp. unavailable!) I first thought it was a misprint but then saw the title continued... So don't scold me...that's what was sent to me... Sorry if my original source (Celebrity) had that but it wes done "copy & paste" & not edited by me...I would NEVER do that since I am very politically correct... and also interested in the astronomy program

Hopefully, this will be fully implemented by our November transatlantic.

Even though I am a geezer, the stargazers program fascinates me. Some of that techno stuff sounds pretty interesting too.

Hey geezer!;) Hope you are well.

The astronomy program is most definitely one I would be interested in and make the effort to attend.:cool: I might even be tempted to have a go at cooking. I think these new activities are just what is needed. If done well they will be a very good thing.

Phil

hcat ~ Water Baby noted above that the name "Stargeezer" is actually what the person running the program called themselves. Here's a link to the press release on Celebrity's website: http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/processSearch.do;jsessionid=00007SOLolJBT8pYXRD21NDBQMN:12hdbcveb?ip_server=prdiphrase-unstructcel-new222.dmz.rccl.com%3A1000&categories=Press+Release&ip_state=c0%3Di%253A1%253B514%253Bsitemap%2Btext%253BStargeezer%253B%253Astargeezer%253B1%252C1%253B0%26q%3D25%26i%3Dsitemap%2Bid%26k0.0%3DStargeezer%26g%3Dsitemap%2Btaxonomy%26qt%3D1252252517%26qid%3Dq67q23KGhgwOQ%26tq%3D1%26vid%3DvWbbiCRb4Smc5%26qtid%3Dq67q23KGhgwOQ%26s1%3Dsitemap%2Bid%252F%252F1%26v0%3DStargeezer%26rid%3DrQEp90UO3bQxc%26s0%3Diphrase%2Brelevance%252F%252F0%26t%3D0&ip_text=Stargeezer

I didn't think you were being you were being derrogatory. Thanks for the update.

Thanks Anne--I felt so bad that someone would think I was being "cute iin a mean way" I have been suggesting an astronomy program for several yrs--glad it is going to happen! We are leaving on the 18th to an E medit trip & look forward to seeing the nightime sky---Other programs look good too, esp. if they are FREE

Thanks Anne--I felt so bad that someone would think I was being "cute iin a mean way" I have been suggesting an astronomy program for several yrs--glad it is going to happen! We are leaving on the 18th to an E medit trip & look forward to seeing the nightime sky---Other programs look good too, esp. if they are FREE

What was being discussed was in reference to the email newsletter that was being distributed and not a link to the website. Perhaps they updated the text between your newsletter and mine.

The pointing to the Celebrity site is helpful to support your comments. I think the language is such that it is somewhat ignorant and a poor choice of words. :cool:

Archived