Poll: Room Service Hot breakfast ??

Nan-L

Do you want hot breakfast items on room service menu?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want hot breakfast items on room service menu?

• Yes, I love breakfast in my room
    • No, I perfer to go out for breakfast
    • doesn't matter either way

One thing I miss the most on the Princess line is a hot breakfast in the morning in my room/balcony, as I like to eat BEFORE I get dressed. Most cruise lines provide eggs, etc, with princess being the exception.

So thought I'd start a poll:

Cruisers from WA:

When was the last time you cruised on Princess?

We use to be able to write things on the menu and get them, but not for a few years now. They will not give you hot items now unless you have a suite

After reading on these boards that some cruisers have written in requests for a hot breakfast I tried and had no success. I love having breakfast sitting out on the balcony and would be delighted if Princess decided to start offering this service again.

jean s, we have also not had any luck with write in items in the past several years. First I thought maybe booking a mini would help, nope, not a bit. Then I was hoping that having Elite status with Princess and booking a mini would help, still no success.

We finally gave up and started booking full suites. Those meals in the stateroom cost us a bundle. :( Most of the other perks we get no matter which category we book, so if it wasn't for the in stateroom dining, we would probably go back to mini suites, much less expensive.

If I want an egg/bacon/omlette along with a hard roll and coffee in my room, I just write it on the breakfast request and hang it on my door before I go to bed....I always get it....but I really prefer the dining room breakfast

Ditto: DW does the same thing...I don't know why sometimes one passenger has success and another doesn't. Kinda weird to me. Could be the time of the request? We usually don't get the hot stuff (door hanger write in stuff) until 8:30 or later.:)

She has been doing it for years and even the Sapphire in June was a success

Because every ship handles things differently.

Understood, but we haven't noticed any drop off in the ability to get what we request. Since I am always looking for a logical explaination, do you think it is because of the ship size, or just because of the "people in charge" or is there no explaination. We do stay with the bigger ships

Understood, but we haven't noticed any drop off in the ability to get what we request. Since I am always looking for a logical explaination, do you think it is because of the ship size, or just because of the "people in charge" or is there no explaination. We do stay with the bigger ships

I think it is because every ship interprets Corporate policy differently.

Big seperation between Corporate/Fleet.

We were on the Diamond 2 years ago in Alaska. After seeing others comment on this, I wrote bacon and full pot of hot water (brought my own hot chocolate- was extra at the time) on the menu for the day we were in Glacier Bay- viola, next morning was bacon and hot water in a full pot. Tried it the following day when we were sailing through College Fjord, and no bacon, small teapot and tea bags on the side. I think it's up to who ever is working the room service side on any given day.

dogdoc20002

One thing I miss the most on the Princess line is a hot breakfast in the morning in my room/balcony, as I like to eat BEFORE I get dressed. Most cruise lines provide eggs, etc, with princess being the exception.

A hot breakfast in our cabin would be great, but...usually it is not hot. We find a nice cup of coffee, out of our coffee pot, and then going to the dinning room, after a shower, is our cup of tea - so to speak.

See you on the water,

Rex

We were on the Diamond 2 years ago in Alaska. After seeing others comment on this, I wrote bacon and full pot of hot water (brought my own hot chocolate- was extra at the time) on the menu for the day we were in Glacier Bay- viola, next morning was bacon and hot water in a full pot. Tried it the following day when we were sailing through College Fjord, and no bacon, small teapot and tea bags on the side. I think it's up to who ever is working the room service side on any given day.

dogdoc20002

Come to think of it, we do get some crazy things with out requests at times. I remember DW asking for milk to go with her oatmeal and one day it came and another day it didn't. Also, she will almost always ask for strawberries and that is a hit or miss.:cool:

On early port mornings we will order continental breakfasts from room service which we have been quite happy with. If we want a full breakfast on sea mornings we head for the dining room. I would not care to order a hot breakfast that came with cold eggs.:eek:

This is may be a deal breaker for me, love the hot breakfast on the veranda. We will be on the Pacific in Sept and on the Crown next July, now I may have to rethink this. I had no idea hot breakfast would be a problem. I think HAL and X have spoiled me.

We order fruit, rolls, and coffee to have on the balcony on port days; that way one of us can eat while the other uses the bathroom. Generally, my husband doesn't like hot food in the room because he doesn't like the room to smell of the food. Maybe that woulodn't happen on a balcony.

Up until 2005, I was able to write in on the breakfast order form hot breakfast items or call in the order to room service.

When we sailed on the Island Princess to Hawaii in 2005, we experienced our first "NO" with Princess when they refused to bring us any hot food for breakfast.

I was really irritated because it felt to me that a service had been taken away from me. We complained to Passenger Relations and told them we were rethinking out next cruise on The Grand later that year.

The PSD gave us suite menus so that we could order hot menu items but we only did it a couple of times because we felt like we were imposing.

The PSD on the Island told us he would find out what the policy was on The Grand and he would email the ship and have an answer before the cruise was over.

Well, we got our answer. The staff person from The Grand responded that while only Continental Breakfast was offered they would deliver a hot breakfast upon request.

When we got home, I decided to email Princess Passenger Services and ask the question: What is Princess policy regarding passengers ordering hot breakfast items?

The answer I received was a little murky so I wrote them again and said I needed an answer.

They wrote back that "It is Princess policy not to say no to a passenger requests.

I took the letter with me on my next cruise but when they refused to bring me a hot breakfast, I produced my letter. I got my hot breakfast but didn't really enjoy it. I haven't ordered a hot breakfast in my cabin since.

Princess won. If I have to produce a letter to get my hot breakfast, then its not worth it.

Its not really a big deal anymore, anyway.

They wrote back that "It is Princess policy not to say no to a passenger requests.

I took the letter with me on my next cruise but when they refused to bring me a hot breakfast, I produced my letter. I got my hot breakfast but didn't really enjoy it. I haven't ordered a hot breakfast in my cabin since.

Princess won. If I have to produce a letter to get my hot breakfast, then its not worth it.

Its not really a big deal anymore, anyway.

Wow, you are a very giving person. I think I would probably feel the same way, but would we stop asking?:rolleyes:

Yes, a hot breakfast delivered by room service would be nice, as well as hot entrees for other meals, too. We always had room service deliver our breakfast, until my DH figured out that he could go to the buffet, pick out what we wanted, and bring it back to our cabin to eat. Not quite room service, but still nice.

Archived