A Few Thoughts

Woobstr112G

If she does this treatment again, and really wants you there..you can ask if there is an area they can pull a drape around the 2 of you.

thank you about the website, it's been a labor of love!

Good idea, never thought about that.....:):):)

Bob

Well, later today I'm taking Holli to the gastroentrologist. Hopefully we will know more after today. I'm hoping for the best and I'll let all know when I get some better information. Biggest problem I have is trying to reassure Holli that the possibility we may have to cancel the cruise is not her fault as she is blaming herself if we have to.

Bob

Well, later today I'm taking Holli to the gastroentrologist. Hopefully we will know more after today. I'm hoping for the best and I'll let all know when I get some better information. Biggest problem I have is trying to reassure Holli that the possibility we may have to cancel the cruise is not her fault as she is blaming herself if we have to.

Bob

Bob,

Please know that you have a huge support group with you and that we all hope that Holli gets the help she needs and recovers completely.

Also, it is normal to feel bad and blame ourselves for the disappointment in cancelling any special event, but would she want you to blame yourself if the shoe was on the other foot. As much as we all love cruising, this should always take a place behind the care and health of our loved ones. There will be another voyage and you want that to be together.

Greg

Bob,

Please know that you have a huge support group with you and that we all hope that Holli gets the help she needs and recovers completely.

Also, it is normal to feel bad and blame ourselves for the disappointment in cancelling any special event, but would she want you to blame yourself if the shoe was on the other foot. As much as we all love cruising, this should always take a place behind the care and health of our loved ones. There will be another voyage and you want that to be together.

Greg

Greg; thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Bob

Bob

Bob, Hope all goes well today. Nobody is at fault with illness strikes, just remind her of that. The cruise can be taken later after she feels better if necessary. Again, good luck with todays Drs visit.

Hi Bob.

There are plenty of cruises out there, you are not cancelling your cruise

only selecting a different date for your boarding, .if you have to.

yours Shogun

Bob, Hope all goes well today. Nobody is at fault with illness strikes, just remind her of that. The cruise can be taken later after she feels better if necessary. Again, good luck with todays Drs visit.

Thanks to the both of you.....:):):)

Bob

Well, Holli's initial consultation is done with the gastro..... doctor. She is scheduled to undergo the colonoscopy next Friday. If they take any biopsies, the results could take up to 10 to 14 days to get back. With this in mind, we have decided to go on the cruise and have one hell of a time with all of our fellow Ruby Stars. We will face whatever the results are together when we get back. It's going to be a little busy for me until we leave on 4 October with work, getting Holli better, and getting ready for the cruise.

I would like to thank everyone for all the well wishes and positive comments we have received. They really ment a lot to Holli & I. I would also like to restate what a great bunch of people we have on Cruise Critic.....:):):)

Take Care All

Bob

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

and since I've walked in your shoes before ..

just a few unsolicited thoughts :o:):)

~Remind Holli not to push herself with getting ready for the cruise tell her to DELEGATE

and use her energy to heal and be strong enough to travel to and from the port.

~Just put the outside world in a box and up on that closet shelf..

~it's about the 2 of you and YOUR and time together...

~Do what you want to do when you want to do it.

~Make this the ULTIMATE (and I mean this in the most positive way) ..... selfish vacation

I'm sending you both warm fuzzys!

K.

Bob, glad that you and Holli decided to go on your cruise. I know the test results will be on the back of your minds, but try to go with a positive attitude. Remember, you are together, cruising, and having a wonderful time! Right now, it's all about the two of you.....

Have a spectacular cruise!!

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

and since I've walked in your shoes before ..

just a few unsolicited thoughts :o:):)

~Remind Holli not to push herself with getting ready for the cruise tell her to DELEGATE

and use her energy to heal and be strong enough to travel to and from the port.

~Just put the outside world in a box and up on that closet shelf..

~it's about the 2 of you and YOUR and time together...

~Do what you want to do when you want to do it.

~Make this the ULTIMATE (and I mean this in the most positive way) ..... selfish vacation

I'm sending you both warm fuzzys!

K.

Bob and Holli,

I can't improve on this!!! My prayers and best wishes follow you....

I think the issue was the fact that the area DW was in (for her IV) was an area that had other chairs with other patients in it. My guess is the medical group is concerned about the other patients privacy.

Bob

If she does this treatment again, and really wants you there..you can ask if there is an area they can pull a drape around the 2 of you.

thank you about the website, it's been a labor of love!

Ok, that's makes sense. I remember when I went in for my colonscopy, there was a women's changing room with a set of beds...you change into the gown and then lie down to get the IV inserted. But there were curtains for privacy for the changing part. My hubby dropped me off at the doctor's office and skeddaled home (he's not good around needles) and came back when they called that I was finished and waiting to be picked up. I'm not sure if they allowed patients to have a loved one stay with them at any point during the procedure, but they didn't ask me if I wanted him there. I did make him sit with me when I had the amino years ago.

He did take his mother for her radiation treatments earlier this year.

Archived