A Few Thoughts

Woobstr112G

I just wanted to take a few moments and mention some personal observations I have recently encountered on CC. My DW and I are scheduled to cruise on the Ruby next month. We leave for Paris for a 2 day pre cruise stay on October 4th.

Within the last several days, DW has become ill which might necessitate canceling the cruise. Our cruising plans are still up in the air and hopefully we willl be able to go. I mentioned this on my roll call and was blown away by the outpouring of well wishes by people I have never met. The people who post on Cruise Critic are truely a remarkable group of individuals. We all come from different walks of life but receiving all these well wishes for my DW, has made me realize the basic goodness in my fellow man.

Last but not least, I would like to thank Cruise Critic for providing an outstanding vehicle where peoplee can interact getting to know one another while planning their respective cruises.

Bob

Bob, my best wishes, I hope things work out for you and she is feeling better soon, whether you make the cruise or not. Health of a passenger and spouse is much more important than a cruise in any instance. Good Luck, and remember, there is always next month or next year for a cruise!

I also want to extend my well wishes for your wife. Hopefully you will not have to cancel your cruise but if you have to there is always another cruise just around the corner. Again best wishes for you and your wife.

Marilyn

I too wish both you and you Wife good wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully a great adventure on your sailing.(if you must cancel , please know the well wishes continue!)

Aloha,

Bev

I do hope that your wife is feeling well enough that you can go ahead with your cruise, but of course her health and well being are the most important thing. There will always be another cruise opportunity if this one doesn't work out. And no matter what, when you do cruise it is wonderful to have CC to make the planning even more fun. I will keep good thoughts for you and your wife! :)

Hope your wife recovers quickly and is in good health.

Yes, there are some amazing people on CC; I've met many and call quite a few good friends. I take many of my cruises with a lady I met via a cruise roll call four and half years ago and I consider her one of my dearest friends.

Hi Bob,

There are some very special people here,

When I lost Shogun I never expected the post to have over 14,000 hits,

loads of e mails even from Princess senior officers so they do read these boards,

hope everything works out fine for you and your wife.

You will need your cruise to relax after this stressful time.

yours Shogun

When things seem their worst, very often the outcome turns into a pleasant surprise. So with all of us CCers wishing you both the best, think positive, and have faith that all will work out for you. If not this cruise, then defnitely another down the line. Good Luck.:)

Here's hoping that your wife makes a complete recovery and that you are able to take your cruise. Nothing but good wishes and smooth sailing is my wish for you and your wife both. Enjoy Enjoy!!! And if you cannot make this trip , I'm sure there will be many more in the future.

No worries, we all want you to be healthy and enjoy life. Even though we occasionally "get it on" with each other (our opinions just maybe come across as the Gospel Truth), we all are cruisers and that makes a class, and while we will never be like the Marines, we always wish the best for our group.

Praying.

Thank you all for your very kind words. It really means a lot to me. Right now we are at the doctor's office. I can't sit with Holli because the treatment area is not private as it relates to Hippa laws. I'll keep everyone posted as to her progress and our cruise plans.

Thanks Again

Bob

This past February, March, April and most of May I spent in bed recovering from cancer surgery. During this time I spent a lot of time on CC hoping and planning for a cruise that might not ever come to be. During this time the people on CC played a much larger role than any of them can imagine in my recovery process.

Yes we did sail, on CB in June and had a fantastic time.

All this to say I agree with you about the folks on this site and I join their voices in wishing you all the best. Please keep us up to date on how you make out.

Good Luck.

Do hope your wife will recover quickly and you will be able to take your cruise. Thanks for the wonderful reminder of all the good people that are here on cc. We all need to be reminded of that from time to time.

My rollcall for our last cruise was absolutely wonderful in the days before and after my mother's death two weeks before our cruise. I didn't want to burden them with what I was going through but unfortunately the cruise was quickly approaching I was afraid that I was going to have to cancel and wouldn't be able to fullfill my part in planning our meet and great so I needed to tell them. So many offered to step in and help and I was so grateful for their support. Words can not begin to describe how much all that they did and said meant to me.

Thank you all for your very kind words. It really means a lot to me. Right now we are at the doctor's office. I can't sit with Holli because the treatment area is not private as it relates to Hippa laws. I'll keep everyone posted as to her progress and our cruise plans.

Thanks Again

Bob

Bob we do hope your DW is feeling better. We are sailing on the Ruby on the 13 Sep. and we will say a special prayer in the chapel for your family. We too have been faced with illness that necessated rethinking plans. Now we are able to do this cruise..God willing. Just concentrate on her getting better and you will know if it is the right think to do when the time comes. If not this year another time. This CC site has connected us all and that is a good thing. Blessings to you and your family. Chris

Archived