Price diff Oasis vs Dream

scperk

I just checked the prices for the Oasis for the week I have booked for the Dream on Feb. 27,2010...We are going to be in port with the Oasis in St. Thomas and St. Martin and it's gonna be crowded....7 ships in St. Thomas on the same day (March 2nd).....Their prices are $1,139.00 for and inside room, I got one on the Dream for $519........:)...Dennis

I just checked the prices for the Oasis for the week I have booked for the Dream on Feb. 27,2010...We are going to be in port with the Oasis in St. Thomas and St. Martin and it's gonna be crowded....7 ships in St. Thomas on the same day (March 2nd).....Their prices are $1,139.00 for and inside room, I got one on the Dream for $519........:)...Dennis

WOW!!!! thats big diffrence!

I agree. Personally I booked the Oasis. It is worth it to me. :)

It's been a long time since I've cruised RCCL but I don't think it's worth that much more...I'm going to be on the Valor 3 weeks after your Valor cruise..............Dennis

I was booked on the Oasis for $729 into a really good location for Halloween 2010, a little further out. If you want to cruise on Oasis within the first two months, well duhh!!! you are going to pay for it. Wait a bit and prices are down further out.

Dream doesnt have as many changes, so its not a totally different cruise experience compared to other Carnival ships, so prices arent much higher than for other newish ships. Dream starts sooner than Oasis, so Oasis is newer relative to when the U.S. cruises start ... give it a bit of time.

I could have booked Voyager for $419 for next spring, even better and Id do it over Conquest which runs about the same price. Im waiting on a coupon for $250 off RCL or Id already be booked.. I love Voyager, can wait for Oasis.

More like steaks and "lemons!" How do they charge prices like that, have more berths available, and lose money while Carnival banks Multi-millions each quarter?

Are you related to G'ma or is this what we get to look forward to when we get old and retire:confused::p:D

Compare the Dream to the Glory and you will get a even better rate

I paid more for my July cruise on the Glory than I paid for my Dream cruise of course that was in peak season..Never again will I sail in the summer..LOL........:)....Dennis

I was booked on the Oasis for $729 into a really good location for Halloween 2010, a little further out. If you want to cruise on Oasis within the first two months, well duhh!!! you are going to pay for it. Wait a bit and prices are down further out.

Dream doesnt have as many changes, so its not a totally different cruise experience compared to other Carnival ships, so prices arent much higher than for other newish ships. Dream starts sooner than Oasis, so Oasis is newer relative to when the U.S. cruises start ... give it a bit of time.

I could have booked Voyager for $419 for next spring, even better and Id do it over Conquest which runs about the same price. Im waiting on a coupon for $250 off RCL or Id already be booked.. I love Voyager, can wait for Oasis.

Maybe I'll try another RCCL after my wife retires....I know we tried NCL again about 2 years ago and hated the service we got all over the ship and the food was not very good........Dennis

Wow!!!

:eek:

I just tried and I couldnt come up with $599 on Dream for Feb 27, 2010.

Maybe the OP is military or something. The cheapest rate I got was $779 for inside on the Carnival site.

I booked at an ES rate about 4 months ago and picked my room on the 7th deck...I quoted the wrong rate, I booked for $619 but I had a $100 coupon for a future cruise that I bought on my Liberty cruise...But that included $100 OBC and I am also a stockholder and get OBC for that also.........:)........Dennis

How much was the Oasis 4 months ago:confused:

I have no idea, I have not cruised with RCCL since 3/01...I still get email offers from them and was just cruisin around their web-site..by the way kurbanfan, I'm the one that post a couple of weeks ago about the BBQ with Keith in Nashville.......Dennis

Are you related to G'ma or is this what we get to look forward to when we get old and retire:confused::p:D

Well excuse me if I stepped on your toes because I wonder about RCL's business model of, "We lose money on EVERY sale, but the volume makes up for it!"

I was happy cruising when ships were 17,000 GRT. And a 220,000GRT ship ONLY means I'm cruising on a bigger ship. None of the other junk means beans to me. I could climb walls at home, don't. I could ice skate at home, don't. I could play basketball at home, rarely do. I could play miniature golf ant home, very rarely do. I could in line skate at home, don't. The only thing that does interest me IS the cruising! And I do not mind the big ships for cruising. But I have no interest in paying extra for things I'm not going to use and hold no interest for me. Those that want to, good for them, and I find no fault in them for enjoying other aspects of cruising. But, for me, the CRUISE is the pleasure.

Why is RCL losing money? Spending more than they have, same as the USA cruiseline.:eek: AND the California cruiseline!

Archived