Price diff Oasis vs Dream

scperk

WOW!!! Personally there is no way I want to cruise with as many people as the Oasis can load on....there are going to be lines EVERYWHERE on that ship for the whole cruise....Give me the dream or even better for me personally a even smaller ship and I am in cruisin heaven!!!!

Well excuse me if I stepped on your toes because I wonder about RCL's business model of, "We lose money on EVERY sale, but the volume makes up for it!"

I was happy cruising when ships were 17,000 GRT. And a 220,000GRT ship ONLY means I'm cruising on a bigger ship. None of the other junk means beans to me. I could climb walls at home, don't. I could ice skate at home, don't. I could play basketball at home, rarely do. I could play miniature golf ant home, very rarely do. I could in line skate at home, don't. The only thing that does interest me IS the cruising! And I do not mind the big ships for cruising. But I have no interest in paying extra for things I'm not going to use and hold no interest for me. Those that want to, good for them, and I find no fault in them for enjoying other aspects of cruising. But, for me, the CRUISE is the pleasure.

Why is RCL losing money? Spending more than they have, same as the USA cruiseline.:eek: AND the California cruiseline!

Very well said. Why we need all the "extras" on a cruise ship is beyond me. give me lots of sea days on the ocean, a good book, sun, drink in hand, and I'm a happy gal!:D

Wouldn't sail on either of these behemoths (way to big for me - especially the Oasis). I will leave both of these for y'all who don't mind crowds.

However, the best price I could find for Carnival Dream today is $779 (on both Carnival's site and that big vacation thingee one).

Going on the price - Carnival does have the advantage on this cruise.

However going on a standard of measure (GRT/passengers), Dream is going to seem more crowded than Oasis. . . . . if that is possible (and that will never change).

St Thomas is going to be wall to wall people with all those ships docked. Wonder why they do not use their heads and spread out the traffic to other days?

Traffic around the port was bad before now it will be awful.

Yeah I'm really dreading coming into port LAST at 10:00 am...there will be the CCL Dream, CCL Freedom, Costa Atlantica, HAL noordam, NCL Pearl, RCCL Explorer and RCCL Oasis ....YUK......Dennis

Well excuse me if I stepped on your toes because I wonder about RCL's business model of, "We lose money on EVERY sale, but the volume makes up for it!"

I was happy cruising when ships were 17,000 GRT. And a 220,000GRT ship ONLY means I'm cruising on a bigger ship. None of the other junk means beans to me. I could climb walls at home, don't. I could ice skate at home, don't. I could play basketball at home, rarely do. I could play miniature golf ant home, very rarely do. I could in line skate at home, don't. The only thing that does interest me IS the cruising! And I do not mind the big ships for cruising. But I have no interest in paying extra for things I'm not going to use and hold no interest for me. Those that want to, good for them, and I find no fault in them for enjoying other aspects of cruising. But, for me, the CRUISE is the pleasure.

Why is RCL losing money? Spending more than they have, same as the USA cruiseline.:eek: AND the California cruiseline!

Nice:rolleyes: As Firefly says then don't cruise them........then you don't have to worry how they do business....don't understand why you do now:rolleyes:

If nobody wanted extras on the new ships they would still be building the Holiday class and you know it........

The Dream will be bigger then all of the ships in Carnival's fleet........and EVERYONE is sooo excited about it......gee I wonder why:rolleyes:

It's been a long time since I've cruised RCCL but I don't think it's worth that much more...I'm going to be on the Valor 3 weeks after your Valor cruise..............Dennis

We are on the Valor a week from Sunday!!! woo hoo

Nice:rolleyes: As Firefly says then don't cruise them........then you don't have to worry how they do business....don't understand why you do now:rolleyes:

If nobody wanted extras on the new ships they would still be building the Holiday class and you know it........

The Dream will be bigger then all of the ships in Carnival's fleet........and EVERYONE is sooo excited about it......gee I wonder why:rolleyes:

Could it be that this is the Carnival board? :D

More like steaks and "lemons!" How do they charge prices like that, have more berths available, and lose money while Carnival banks Multi-millions each quarter?

More like comparing a cruise ship to a mall....sorry , we have those at home...

I have no idea, I have not cruised with RCCL since 3/01...I still get email offers from them and was just cruisin around their web-site..by the way kurbanfan, I'm the one that post a couple of weeks ago about the BBQ with Keith in Nashville.......Dennis

Then you need to compare today's prices........You got a great price btw!!!

Yes I know I am still jealous:p:D

Just sailed my first voyager class ship.......and I gotta tell ya........that whole mall analogy is way overblown;) It was an awesome "ship"..........

Ya otta see for yourself........

Just sailed my first voyager class ship.......and I gotta tell ya........that whole mall analogy is way overblown;) It was an awesome "ship"..........

Ya otta see for yourself........

I love that class myself but didnt like SOV at all, too small, but sure love Voyager. The mall thing makes no sense to me either, and probably wouldnt if these people actually were on the ships they are talking about. Both ships have the same stores inside. Guess what I even found out ...the same company runs the stores on both RCL and Carnival. A ring broke I bought on Voyager and they told me to bring it on Conquest to return. yep, the same company sells the exact same stuff, mostly, well the logo stuff has a different logo, but the stores are the same. People who think RCL is a mall...the joke is on them.

This company runs the stores on both Carnival and RCL ... You can buy on one line and return it on the other line, because the stores are run by the same exact company ... and Carnival's stores are also inside.

http://www.starboardcruise.com/

I love that class myself but didnt like SOV at all, too small, but sure love Voyager. The mall thing makes no sense to me either, and probably wouldnt if these people actually were on the ships they are talking about. Both ships have the same stores inside. Guess what I even found out ...the same company runs the stores on both RCL and Carnival. A ring broke I bought on Voyager and they told me to bring it on Conquest to return. yep, the same company sells the exact same stuff, mostly, well the logo stuff has a different logo, but the stores are the same. People who think RCL is a mall...the joke is on them.

LOL! I was surprised when I saw the Royal Promenade to tell you the truth.......I pictured this humonguos mall........it was so much smaller then what I had envisioned:D Me and dh thought there were more stores on the Carnival ships......hard to tell because on the Voyager class the stores, bars, cafes etc. are all together.......

I agree the joke is on them:D

We are on the Valor a week from Sunday!!! woo hoo

Yes I saw that and I'd like to try the Fantasy soon (I've never been on a fantasy class ship)...I guess you like it being close enough to drive....Hello neighbor......Dennis

I was booked on the Oasis for $729 into a really good location for Halloween 2010, a little further out.

Fire, are you booked on the October 30, 2010 Oasis for Halloween? We are too. We have a group from our November 2007 cruise all going (we are the Cracked Coconuts) and if you're on it, I'd love it if you join our M&M thread.

Let me know.

Fire, are you booked on the October 30, 2010 Oasis for Halloween? We are too. We have a group from our November 2007 cruise all going (we are the Cracked Coconuts) and if you're on it, I'd love it if you join our M&M thread.

Let me know.

If you look thru that roll call, I had posted some early on, but Im now cancelled... my Dad isnt comfortable with me going out of Florida, he fell and broke his hip last time and using that to get me to not go out of port so far away .... at least I can cruise.

I remember the Cracked Coconuts.... sounds awesome. I had one of the funnest roll calls ever on my last Voyager, we even did a private excursion together and still talk on emails some.

I hope the Conquest Crazies which sail next Sunday are half as much fun and it will be a huge success.

I love how you and FF only read what you find convenient. I said, and I quote,"But I have no interest in paying extra for things I'm not going to use and hold no interest for me. Those that want to, good for them, and I find no fault in them for enjoying other aspects of cruising. But, for me, the CRUISE is the pleasure.

Nor did I say that big ships were bad. CRUISING on a 17,000 tonner or a 200,000 tonner is still CRUISING. I see it as those that NEED all the distractions that have nothing to do with cruising, aren't really into cruising.

Like going to a major league baseball game and spending the day playing a video game under the stands. WHY?

And the Royal Promenade MALL? Actually one of my favorite parts of Voyager plus RCL ships. I'm a people watcher like many others and the people watching in the mall is superb.

And I get angry at and gripe about any company of any kind that is losing money through gross mismanagement. Especially the money hemorrhaging and grossly mismanaged USofA.

I love how you and FF only read what you find convenient. I said, and I quote,"But I have no interest in paying extra for things I'm not going to use and hold no interest for me. Those that want to, good for them, and I find no fault in them for enjoying other aspects of cruising. But, for me, the CRUISE is the pleasure.

Nor did I say that big ships were bad. CRUISING on a 17,000 tonner or a 200,000 tonner is still CRUISING. I see it as those that NEED all the distractions that have nothing to do with cruising, aren't really into cruising.

Like going to a major league baseball game and spending the day playing a video game under the stands. WHY?

And the Royal Promenade MALL? Actually one of my favorite parts of Voyager plus RCL ships. I'm a people watcher like many others and the people watching in the mall is superb.

And I get angry at and gripe about any company of any kind that is losing money through gross mismanagement. Especially the money hemorrhaging and grossly mismanaged USofA.

So when you were comparing steaks to lemons......you meant that Carnival was the lemon:confused: ROFLMAO!!!

If you look thru that roll call, I had posted some early on, but Im now cancelled... my Dad isnt comfortable with me going out of Florida, he fell and broke his hip last time and using that to get me to not go out of port so far away .... at least I can cruise.

I remember the Cracked Coconuts.... sounds awesome. I had one of the funnest roll calls ever on my last Voyager, we even did a private excursion together and still talk on emails some.

I hope the Conquest Crazies which sail next Sunday are half as much fun and it will be a huge success.

Gotta do what works best for you. If I thought hard enough I probably knew that, but at the time, I was not reading the Carnival boards much so I might not have recognized your name. Now that we have a Carnival cruise booked, I spend more time on here, as our Oasis cruise is still over 13 months out.

Have a great time on your cruise next week.

Holiday is one of my favorite and so are any in the Spirit class. I wish they would build more.

The Royal Champions don't seem to be excited, but one reason others are excited is that Carnival Dream ISN"T RCCL.

Archived