Price diff Oasis vs Dream

scperk

I love that class myself but didnt like SOV at all, too small, but sure love Voyager. The mall thing makes no sense to me either, and probably wouldnt if these people actually were on the ships they are talking about. Both ships have the same stores inside. Guess what I even found out ...the same company runs the stores on both RCL and Carnival. A ring broke I bought on Voyager and they told me to bring it on Conquest to return. yep, the same company sells the exact same stuff, mostly, well the logo stuff has a different logo, but the stores are the same. People who think RCL is a mall...the joke is on them.

I noticed that when I was on the Mariner of the Seas. Even the store's sale signs were the same as Carnivals.

I noticed that when I was on the Mariner of the Seas. Even the store's sale signs were the same as Carnivals.

I was on Voyager and Conquest a month apart, April and May of this year. I really hoped to spend some OBC on some different tequila brands ... but they had the same brands even. Not quite the same price. The blue bottles were 2 for $45 on Voyager and 1 for $24.95 on Conquest. I am taking some of what I bought for Crazies Conquest next week :D for folks to taste test. I was dissapointed they had the same 2 for $39.95 rings even to spend OBC on... Personally, I would prefer they have some different stores on the two lines, not the exact same stuff. I got extra OBC to spend the next two weeks again :D>>> booze?

It's been a long time since I've cruised RCCL but I don't think it's worth that much more...I'm going to be on the Valor 3 weeks after your Valor cruise..............Dennis[/quote,

I don't think it's worth $600 difference ut your paying for the new

and big hype.....to me it would easily be worht it to pay $250-300 more pp.

Oasis of the Seas does look spectacular, and I am glad she is coming to Fort Lauderdale, great for the economy here <grin>

However, with that sort of price difference my own "economy" won't even let

me think about booking Oasis, at least not for a very long long while.

Any time I have thought about RCI I have to remember that I would never use half the stuff there....flowrider, rock wall, and now I would not use the carousel.

I know they are building that new terminal for Oasis, but I still wonder how traffic will lead into that, and how the terminal will handle their already bulky and line forming procedure of checking ID's before entering the terminal??

RCCL is having financial problems....Carnival isn't. That's the difference.

ALL of my future cruises will be based on where that monstrosity Oasis is going to be. She goes east? I'll go west..... No way do I want to be in a port where that thing is. Ports are crowded enough.

Very well said. Why we need all the "extras" on a cruise ship is beyond me. give me lots of sea days on the ocean, a good book, sun, drink in hand, and I'm a happy gal!:D

But that is the beauty of cruising.. many options for the differences in all of us. I'm never without a good book.. I take public transportation to work and I read.. I sit on my porch at home and read. with a drink in my hand.. So for me the activities are a plus... I don't rock climb, rollerskate, play basketball or minature golf, but I love that those things are available for those that do.

I cruise Carnival because it does offer a nice variety of things to do.. if there were only chairs, the ocean and a good book... I'd be at the Jersey shore. :)

No as in the Oasis has the name Royal Caribbean slapped on it;)

Of course size matters.......if she told ya it didn't...she lied;):p:D

Slapped is appropriate. RCCL is the only cruise line dumb enough to build it. :rolleyes:

Has it been so long you've forgotten? It's the motion of the ocean that matters. :p

Slapped is appropriate. RCCL is the only cruise line dumb enough to build it. :rolleyes:

Has it been so long you've forgotten? It's the motion of the ocean that matters. :p

so odd that you see so many posts about where to book a cabin to feel less motion, how odd??!! ... and people dont want to cruise in storms with large waves. What is wrong with them??

That is a huge difference! Definately not worth it in my opinion. I don't think comparing the 2 lines are apple to oranges. The lines are very similar, except in price.

Agree with you that the lines are similar BUT the two ships being compared are not. Oasis of the Seas is very much in a class by itself.

I see it as those that NEED all the distractions that have nothing to do with cruising, aren't really into cruising.

Like going to a major league baseball game and spending the day playing a video game under the stands. WHY?

Why? Because we cruise as a family. Three out of five of our kids are REALLY into cruising in the same way that you are. The other 4 of us greatly enjoy cruising but we could use more "distractions". We like to be together so we choose a ship that pleases both groups. I also go to baseball games and I'm not a baseball fan. Why? Because I'm married and have sons and we're spending time together.

I don't know nor care.

GF and I both love the motion. Perhaps you should try it sometime?

Iv been in 25 plus ft waves on Ecstasy where they slapped our port hole in the front of the ship for over 24 hours. We are pretty good sailers. I like the motion....thats what you get for making assumptions about me.

I got my first aft coming up in Dec. Iv also been on Lido in the very front facing forward, felt it some up there. Reminds me Im on a ship when I feel it. Someone who has 7 cruises booked in 2009 probably likes the motion lol.

I still don't understand why people care what others do. I was actually booked on the Dream for February 27. Two things made me change it. First off, I realized how many ships would be in port with us and secondly, I didn't want to stare at the Oasis if I hadn't been on it yet. So I changed to the Oasis in February (but a week before because of the port load) and booked the Dream for May. The only regret I have is the awesome roll call that I left behind for the Dream cruise.

Is it a lot more money? Heck yea it is. In fact it is pretty much the same price as my Cat 11 aft wrap cabin on the Spirit next year to Alaska. made a choice to pay this because I want to see this ship. I am not sure if i will like this way of cruising, but I know it is going to be quite the experience. If someone doesn't care about it then fine, list the reasons why it isn't for you, but you don't have to put others down for wanting to try it. I am very, very excited for my Oasis cruise.

Nice:rolleyes: As Firefly says then don't cruise them........then you don't have to worry how they do business....don't understand why you do now:rolleyes:

If nobody wanted extras on the new ships they would still be building the Holiday class and you know it........

The Dream will be bigger then all of the ships in Carnival's fleet........and EVERYONE is sooo excited about it......gee I wonder why:rolleyes:

Agreed.

Long ago when several concept pictures and video showing a huge Carnival ship were leaked by Fincantieri many folks on this board were vociferous with excitement as many thought these pictures at the time either represented the Dream or Carnival's now-scrapped Pinnacle project.

Today, it's amusing to see many of those same people react with disgust at any news of Oasis.

And back on topic, I paid almost $13,000 for my cruise on Oasis where I could have saved some $$ and booked a Cat. 12 on the Dream the same week for $4600. Is the $8400 price difference worth it? In my opinion, yes.

RCCL is having financial problems....Carnival isn't. That's the difference.

ALL of my future cruises will be based on where that monstrosity Oasis is going to be. She goes east? I'll go west..... No way do I want to be in a port where that thing is. Ports are crowded enough.

You might just have to give up on the Caribbean all together when Allure debuts then. One will sail Eastern while the other is sailing Western.

Agreed.

Long ago when several concept pictures and video showing a huge Carnival ship were leaked by Fincantieri many folks on this board were vociferous with excitement as many thought these pictures at the time either represented the Dream or Carnival's now-scrapped Pinnacle project.

Today, it's amusing to see many of those same people react with disgust at any news of Oasis.

I'm not sure what you are smoking, but step away from the pipe.

This is the Carnival board. If I were interested in the latest news of a garbage scow, I would switch channels to the Royal board.

You might just have to give up on the Caribbean all together when Allure debuts then. One will sail Eastern while the other is sailing Western.

Exactly how many ports are prepared today for the latest Abomination of the Seas?

Personally I love Jamaica, not sure about Haiti, but damn, 8 sea days on a 7 day cruise is not for me.

What you cruise? What does that mean:confused:

Dream or Oasis.......how can you compare the two?

If you cruise for the love of sailing and being on a ship and not the amenities on the ship, then it's not apples to oranges.

The Dream will be bigger then all of the ships in Carnival's fleet........and EVERYONE is sooo excited about it......gee I wonder why:rolleyes:

I'm not particularly excited....

Hey, I don't say 'never'. There may be a time when I do jump on the Oasis, but to be honest I am in no hurry.

The ship literally does not appeal to me and I'm in no hurry to book the Dream for different reasons though. Where the Oasis gives the city feel that I don't want, The Dream just is the same old-same old CCL ship only much bigger and why would I want to cruise with MORE people???

For some odd reason however, NCL's Epic has me intrigued....

go figure.

If you cruise for the love of sailing and being on a ship and not the amenities on the ship, then it's not apples to oranges.

Everyone cruises to some degree for the amenities. Otherwise folks would be on that cruiseline where you pay for everything, food, housekeeping whatever you want, no frills. Id be on NCL if I just wanted a cheap cruise, but find Carnival is better. I like the food on cruises, the shows, the pampering of someone waiting on you.

I think the love of sailing is lost anyway with the bigger ships even Carnival has. I often forget Im on the water when Im sitting in the theater.

Archived