BF...Guarantee risk it????

4canucks

I booked a BF guarantee and ended up in a BB C719 for our upcoming cruise in Dec. Was not disappointed!!!

But it is a chance you take, could end up with a BF which we would have been happy with, so if you are happy with a BF stateroom go for it!!!

You book a BF & you have to be prepared to be in any cabin in category BF or higher. Yes, sometimes people get upgraded, but somebody will be in the "worst" BF cabin & it might be you. If that is ok, then go with the guarentee. If not, then don't book it.

Will you be happy with the worst BF cabin on the ship? If not, don't take the guarantee because that just might be what you get. You may get lucky and get a BA, but you can't depend on that happening. Friends took a BD guarantee, and that's exactly what they got. However it's a great cabin in a great location so they were happy.

Congrats, Mrsihopes! We have a BG guarantee booked for January and are hoping for (but not counting on getting) a nice upgrade. Since it's just the two of us on this cruise, we'll be happy with ANY balcony cabin... I'm assuming C617 means you have a balcony on Caribe deck--our family had two adjoining Caribe cabins those on our last Princess cruise, and we LOVED the large, half covered balconies. ENJOY!

We are booked for a BD balcony guarentee for this coming sunday. We have yet to get a room number and now you can't get to your cruise personalizer because it is less than week before the cruise. Hoping my TA or Princess will let me know where we are going to be. The worst that can happen is we have to wait till we get to the ship to find out.

We have booked many guarentees and this is the first time we did not get a room before the cruise and we also have never endeed up with a bad room.

Let's hope the upgrade fairy is nice to us.

I booked in July a guarantee BE with a free upgrade on the Ocean Princess for July 31,2010. I checked this week and we were assigned 6084 (one of the 4 BE cabins). I hope that we will be upgrade since we are a year way.

I have a BC Guaranty booked for October 18th and I too do not have a cabin assignment. This is what my travel agent told me :

Princess will give us a cabin # prior to your sailing. For example Carnival does not, sometimes clients will not know their cabin assignment until they get to the ship. But your in luck..Princess does not do that. Your going to get what you paid for or something better!

I am not sure exactly when you get locked out of the personalizer but she told me that she would be notified and she would let me know.

Anxious yes but not concerned anymore. It is like I am waiting for Christmas morning to see what my present is.

Happy hopeful upgrades to all.

Linda

We booked a Canada/ New England cruise (10-17-09) on the CB 8 months in advance. We booked a BF gty. One week later we were upgraded to Cat. BA and assigned a cabin on the Lido deck. I contacted our TA and asked if there was any chance of having a BA cabin on the Caribe deck. Two hours later we were notified that we got it! I feel that we really lucked out on this one.

We booked a BE Balcony Guarantee on Royal Princess for next April. Today I noticed we have been assigned a BA cabin which accommodates three, but there are only two of us. Does that make it more likely that our assigned cabin might change before we cruise?

Booked the Sapphire for last january in a BF guarantee and got BA within a couple of weeks. Same happened for the CB this December. BF became BA.

So I have always been happy. I do book many months in advance. My CB booking was made in July

We booked BF for our upcoming cruise on CB.

I've checked higher categories of balconies and almost each of them have cabins at the same place of the ship but higher.

Hi 4canucks,

Last November we booked a BF guarantee for a March sailing of the Sapphire Princess and before Christmas we received a BA midship on the Caribe deck. We were very happy to be on the Caribe deck with the large balcony. We have booked guarantees previous times also and have always been happy with what we ended up with.

If you decide to go with a guarantee cabin I hope it works as well or even better for you.

Happy sailing : )

Christy

We are booked for a BD balcony guarentee for this coming sunday. We have yet to get a room number and now you can't get to your cruise personalizer because it is less than week before the cruise. Hoping my TA or Princess will let me know where we are going to be. The worst that can happen is we have to wait till we get to the ship to find out.

We have booked many guarentees and this is the first time we did not get a room before the cruise and we also have never endeed up with a bad room.

You should still be able to print a boarding pass - and if you have a cabin assigned it will be on that pass.

I have a BC Guaranty booked for October 18th and I too do not have a cabin assignment. This is what my travel agent told me :

Princess will give us a cabin # prior to your sailing. For example Carnival does not, sometimes clients will not know their cabin assignment until they get to the ship. But your in luck..Princess does not do that. Your going to get what you paid for or something better!

I am not sure exactly when you get locked out of the personalizer but she told me that she would be notified and she would let me know.

Anxious yes but not concerned anymore. It is like I am waiting for Christmas morning to see what my present is.

Happy hopeful upgrades to all.

Linda

You will not be locked out of the personalizer for the printing of the boarding pass and travel summary.

The Travel summary will show your cabin assignment up to sailing day, so you can look anytime before you leave.

Even though you can't get into the Cruise Personalizer you still have access to the boarding pass. The cabin number is listed on there.

Since there are only four each of BG and BF on most ships, you are almost assured of an upgrade. I booked a BG and ended up with a BC. (Rivera underneath Cafe Caribe.)

I will note that depending on your tastes, you may not like your "upgrade." For instance, if you were on the crown you may go from a perfectly reasonable BG (forward four balcony cabins on Baja) to a BB on Rivera right underneath the Lido Deck pool. I would not consider that an upgrade.

SirWired

We booked a BF guarantee on the Golden Princess back in May for the 11/22 Hawaii roundtrip and were assigned C619 (BA) about a month later. In 11/2007, we booked a BF guarantee and ended up in L252 (BA) on Diamond Princess. No complaints from me!

Took a BG guarantee for a cruise next April and got a BA (caribe mid ship) assigned within a week of booking (this September). If we didn't get an assignment within a month was going to just pay for the upgrade ourselves.

Wouldn't have gambled to the end, and definetly didn't want a BG.

Archived