Balcony selection on AOS

aislynmae

We are sailing S. Caribbean April and have Cat E1 balcony. Mid ship is #6294,6298, and some others foward. I have read that deck 6 is not so good, lots of noise and such.

Is it worth it to upgrade to deck 7-8? If so, which rooms are nice and enjoyable?

Thanks,

If you can get a midship cabin on deck 6, it should be fine. It's not noisy. If you'd rather be higher (I would, simply for the ease of getting to the pool!) then midships is better than forward. Close to the elevators and stairs is a bonus.

Try to book a deck closest to where you feel you'll spend most of your time...it simply makes getting around much easier.

There is no difference in the actual cabin from deck to deck as long as it's the same catagory.

My preference on the Voyager class ships is to be as close to the aft elevators as possible. For your dates I am seeing lots of deck 6 E2 hump cabins available at the same price as E1's. The only problem is that the balcony steel superstructure on deck 6 is higher - it doesn't have a plexiglass top strip. However, we were in a hump cabin on deck 6 on the Explorer and it was just fine. Deck 6 has the business center and sometimes it is busy with the C&A folks selling cruises. Anyway, I would take a deck 6 hump cabin over a midships or forward cabin on deck 7 or 8, but that's just me. All the rooms in the same category are the same, so location becomes really important. I honestly don't know why someone would say deck 6 was noisier - it's only the area between the elevators that is sometimes busy, but definitely not at night. Also, you can't hear noise from the elevators in the hump cabins.

Look at the ship deck diagrams closely. If you are in the middle or forward you will walk to every meal. All the food is by the aft elevator as well as the pool, rock climbing, basketball, ice skating, mingolf, etc. The only things that are forward are the spa/fitness center, solarium, and theater.

We had a balconey on the AOS in September.I didnt look to see where your room is but if you can get a room on the port

side.We did a seven day cruise and three out of four of the ports they backed in.And the port side was the side where the docks were.

If you can move up to 7 or 8 midship,that is where we always look for.

We have two room. Back Stern -Back Corners -6388 & 6688. We will be able to hang out on the balcony which ever has the best view. We tried to get on deck 7 -but all the back stern rooms were booked. We sail in December -Will give a full report.

Anyone every stayed in these rooms? Deck 6 -Both back corners -Back Stern...6388 or 6688!

All the Best!

Hump cabins are available for your sailing - I would suggest you pick one of those. 6312 on the Starbord side is available and 6614 on the port.

I was just off the AOS on cabin 6316 - there is NO noise on deck 6 at the hump cabins at least. Also, as someone noted, the balcony is slightly more metal versus the higher decks which have more plexiglass, but this is a non-issue really and if someone didn't tell you, you probably wouldn't have even noticed. Views are still excellent. If I were you, I would keep watching to see if 6318 or 6316 open up. Here would be my order ranking for the cabins 8318, 8316, 7318, 7316, 6318, 6316. With X320 being next best, followed by X314, and then X312 (X being 6,7, or 8 for the deck). Deck 8 or 7 would probably be better, but I'd rather have a hump cabin on deck 6 than a normal cabin on deck 8.

As to whether to go Starbord or Port, which side the ship docks to can change from cruise-to-cruise. For our 5 stops, 3 were port and 2 were starbord. That said, I would still recommend the starbord side because if you get up at 5:30 AM the day you go to St. Lucia, you can see the sun rise over the pitons as you sail by them. While you can't predict which side the ship will dock on, you are virtually guaranteed to get an early morning viewing of the pitons on the starbord side.

Hope that helps.

We are sailing S. Caribbean April and have Cat E1 balcony. Mid ship is #6294,6298, and some others foward. I have read that deck 6 is not so good, lots of noise and such.

Is it worth it to upgrade to deck 7-8? If so, which rooms are nice and enjoyable?

Thanks,

We just returned from the AOS, took the Barbados route. We stayed in hump balcony cabin 7312, starboard side. It was at the front of the hump, we had an incredible view forward. It was very quiet, and close to the elevators. Convenient for going to the dining areas, the library, guest relations, and the computer room (which we used often). I think ours was an E2.

Hard to get but the corner afts on deck seven are our favorit.

that's exactly what we've got for our upcoming cruise!! Starboard aft balcony, Deck 7. Can't wait!!

The family members we're traveling with have the front corner OV on the starboard side, and an inside somewhere up front. We're all planning to spend some quality time on our balcony!

Thanks for the response. What are the X cabins?

Sorry, I used X to mean 6, 7, or 8. In other words X320 can be 6320, 7320, or 8320. Hope that makes sense - it was just to save on typing out all the numbers. You can see which cabins are available by starting the booking process at RCCL's website. When I checked 6312 (starboard) and 6614 (port) were available. You can also call RCCL and they can tell you all the cabins that are available.

We have two room. Back Stern -Back Corners -6388 & 6688. We will be able to hang out on the balcony which ever has the best view. We tried to get on deck 7 -but all the back stern rooms were booked. We sail in December -Will give a full report.

Anyone every stayed in these rooms? Deck 6 -Both back corners -Back Stern...6388 or 6688!

All the Best!

We had those two cabins booked last March and changed them to the corner afts on deck nine, 9390 & 9690, instead. We had heard about possible noise coming from deck five. Right below your cabins on deck 5 is a crew outdoor deck. We had heard that sometimes the crew can get loud out there. From our cabins on deck 9 we could see the crew on their deck but never heard any partying going on down there. Here are some pictures of the crew area I'm talking about. Again, we didn't hear any noise but I thought you might want to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at AOS out of SJ Mar 2011..Weather ?? Cabins #9618,9620 & 9622.We are a family of 6 adults... usually stay in RFS but was thinking about 3 cabins this time... also does anyone know if the dividers on balconys can be opened on these 3 cabins...Thanks to all....

Archived