Coach store on board! Who's next Gucci??

airlink diva

I receive weekly e-mails from a travel agent with cruise specials. Today that had one for RCCL Oasis of the Seas. One of the highlights about the ship was it will be the first with a Coach store on board.

I know that Coach is a fave brand with alot of people, but having one on a cruiseship? What's next on some ships, a designer row with Gucci,Pradra and other high end names?

Would you like to see a Coach store on a HAL ship???

Sure, why not? No one has to shop in any store they don't want.

A ship the size of Oasis, there's no way everyone is going to like everything on/in her. People will pick and choose.

I'm not crazy about the new jewelry shop they put on Maasdam (and other ships) so I skip entering there.

Why would you shop on a ship? The only items we buy are inexpensive HAL logo items and needed items such as a replacement toothbrush. Last cruise we bought one ship magnate. The shop area on Eurodam was so disorganized that it wasn't even fun to walk through. It was too big, too open, too disorganized and reminded me of a bunch of sale tables in a mall.

Is this a sports good store? Never heard of it.

No Coach store, please! The cost of our vacation would double! DW's addiction to Coach Bags + sea days=$$$$:eek:

I'm with you! I wouldn't be able to afford to cruise!

I remember the first time my DW bought a Coach bag. I saw the receipt and asked her what she bought...."A purse", she said..."A WHAT???" Said I!

Please, please, please no coach stores onboard!

Why would you shop on a ship? The only items we buy are inexpensive HAL logo items and needed items such as a replacement toothbrush. Last cruise we bought one ship magnate. The shop area on Eurodam was so disorganized that it wasn't even fun to walk through. It was too big, too open, too disorganized and reminded me of a bunch of sale tables in a mall.

I always shop on the ship - I like to buy something special from each cruise and I usually spend money on very nice jewelry. Coach is not a sporting goods store, it is a handbag/shoes/jewelry store. In fact, I just ordered a Coach bag online. Of course if you are not into bags, you would not be interested. :)

Gotta say -- if it was Hermes or Chanel, I'd probably be in big trouble. Not a bag, not a "big" purchase, but something.... as a souvenir, y'know? :) I can see it -- first day onboard, I'd find something I adored, and as the cruise went on, I'd be more and more convinced I needed it. Let's hope HAL doesn't start with luxury retailers. I'd not be able to afford to cruise.

A Ship Magnate = $$$$$$$$$ :)

Rich

You bought a ship magnate???!!!!!

That must have been VERY expensive.

Was it Mickey Arison or Richard Fain - or someone else????

My goodness - I wish I had your millions.

You bought a ship magnate???!!!!!

That must have been VERY expensive.

Was it Mickey Arison or Richard Fain - or someone else????

My goodness - I wish I had your millions.

I didn't know women bought magnates---was always under the impression that they married them.:D

Seems to me that the stores on the ships once carried higher end goods than they do today. After a six year break we came back to cruising and thought the quality of items and shops had really decreased. Not saying it was Coach or Rollex kind of names years ago but it certainly wasn't "gold by the inch". :)

Seems to me that the stores on the ships once carried higher end goods than they do today. After a six year break we came back to cruising and thought the quality of items and shops had really decreased. Not saying it was Coach or Rollex kind of names years ago but it certainly wasn't "gold by the inch". :)

I'm fairly new to cruising but mom used to buy really great high end items much cheaper (I guess duty free) so when we started cruising regularly in 2001 I was looking forward to some nice finds and have been really disappointed for the most part.

As for Coach - I used to love Coach when they had really nice leather goods (25-30 years ago), but it seems kind of junkie now and they have huge Coach outlet stores everywhere so it's not that special anymore.

I would love to see higher end items

Archived