Formal for HC son

mdvlprof

Double post - also posted on disabled.

About a month away from cruise. Time to pack.

What is considered "cruise elegant" for DS-19-six foot who is quad, total care (locked-in syndrome). 1st cruise since... He's looking forward to cruise.

We usually just dress him in sweats. Button shirt for church - woven is difficult, but possible.

Waiting for PVP to give me email for maitre d, to make sure table is accessible.

I think I'd ask him what he wants to wear, if he wants to go through the struggle of having a woven pair of pants pulled up. There are mens pants made in a more stretch fabric now that may be easier.

If none of this works for you, no one will think anything negative about him dressed in sweat pants and a nice shirt.

But I'd give him the choice first :)

I think I'd ask him what he wants to wear, if he wants to go through the struggle of having a woven pair of pants pulled up. There are mens pants made in a more stretch fabric now that may be easier.

If none of this works for you, no one will think anything negative about him dressed in sweat pants and a nice shirt.

But I'd give him the choice first :)

Ditto!

Have a wonderful cruise!

I agree that whatever he wears to church will be just fine. If the sweatpants are black, they'll blend right in and nobody will even notice. :)

I totally agree whatever he wears to church is fine. But I would ask your son so he will feel included in the prep. So he can really start looking forward to it. I think the black sweatpants is a smart idea. Have a great cruise. I hope you all have a great time.:)

I agree that the sweat pants would be fine but there are also clothes available that have been adapted to get on and off easily. Here is a link to a disabled resource directory of companies that make adaptive clothing and accessories. Many have velcro closures down the outside of the leg making them easier to put on someone with no mobility. There are also pants designed specifically for wheelchair users.

http://www.disability-resource.com/adaptive-clothing/index.php

If he is comfortable and happy with the sweat pants then I wouldn't bother. He will look just fine but if he is interested in something else, hopefully this will be a little help.

Archived