Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

Okay, we are all booked.:D Well, actually we will be "officially" booked on Monday, as the TA we are now using will be having a special that will give us the 2010 coupon books and some other items.

She recommended that we book 3 legs with the FCC's that we have, and add $100 deposit to one of the bookings. Then, in April when I purchase more FCC's, she will cancel that booking and immediately rebook. Of course, I won't do that if the price has gone up by $50 - defeats the purpose!

She did say that despite the fact that we actually purchased the FCC's in May (before the policy change) Princess will NOT extend OBC to anyone that does not hold an FCC their name on any new bookings.

I'm booked up, therefore I am happy!!! Life is good!:)

Okay' date=' we are all booked.:D Well, actually we will be "officially" booked on Monday, as the TA we are now using will be having a special that will give us the 2010 coupon books and some other items.

She recommended that we book 3 legs with the FCC's that we have, and add $100 deposit to one of the bookings. Then, in April when I purchase more FCC's, she will cancel that booking and immediately rebook. Of course, I won't do that if the price has gone up by $50 - defeats the purpose!

She did say that despite the fact that we actually purchased the FCC's in May (before the policy change) Princess will NOT extend OBC to anyone that does not hold an FCC their name on any new bookings.

I'm booked up, therefore I am happy!!! Life is good!:)[/quote']

Glad it worked out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up on obtaining the OBC for the single FCC used for two passengers prior to the change in policy.

Princess advised us that we would receive the full OBC for each occupant and that they would advise our travel agent of the change in amounts.

We today checked with our travel agent and nothing of the kind had happened. We went through the whole process with Princess again and again await our TA's advice that this has indeed happened. We know that this situation will not be resolved aboard the ship and must be done before sailing.

As a follow up on obtaining the OBC for the single FCC used for two passengers prior to the change in policy.

Princess advised us that we would receive the full OBC for each occupant and that they would advise our travel agent of the change in amounts.

We today checked with our travel agent and nothing of the kind had happened. We went through the whole process with Princess again and again await our TA's advice that this has indeed happened. We know that this situation will not be resolved aboard the ship and must be done before sailing.

Keep on trying, sometimes it takes a lot to get them to follow through with this. I am sure they would rather nobody knew about the way we used to use one FCC and get credit for two, but they need to realize, until these old FCC's are gone (which will take close to 3 1/2 years from now), this is going to keep popping up. Good Luck, and don't give up until your TA sees that credit applied to you both. ;)

Archived