Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

I booked a cruise today. My husband & I purchased the two FCC's last July. So, I booked directly with Princess. The agent said that there is a special promotion now for $25.00 OBC. So, we would each receive a total of $75.00 OBC! She said that we would each get the $50.00 plus $25.00 for a total of $75.00. The agent was not willing to let us book a "girls" room and a "boy's" room to allow us to get a discounted rate for each of the two cabins. I specifically grilled the FCC Consultant that we could use this as a deposit AND get $100.00 OBC. He said yes. Comments?:confused:

Prior to September (th17th I think), you could use one FCC and get the benefits for two people in a cabin. Since then each passenger must have an FCC in their name to get the benefit.

I wonder how this might affect UK cruisers, we don't actally buy the FCC's but register for the right to book with a reduced deposit and to obtain the OBC. As a result we pay 2 deposits at the time of booking and have then both received the OBC.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I next try to use one, that is always assuming that Princess reduce their prices, at present they are way more expensive than Celebrity and RCCL.

I wonder how this might affect UK cruisers, we don't actally buy the FCC's but register for the right to book with a reduced deposit and to obtain the OBC. As a result we pay 2 deposits at the time of booking and have then both received the OBC.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I next try to use one, that is always assuming that Princess reduce their prices, at present they are way more expensive than Celebrity and RCCL.

Have you and your traveling companion each registered for the FCC in the past? If so, then there should be no impact on you. If not, then you may have a problem.

Have you and your traveling companion each registered for the FCC in the past? If so, then there should be no impact on you. If not, then you may have a problem.

And if both registrations are in the same name, contact Princess as they may be willing to change one of them to be in the spouse's name.

Prior to September (th17th I think), you could use one FCC and get the benefits for two people in a cabin. Since then each passenger must have an FCC in their name to get the benefit.

Just to mention that our confirmation for FCC, stating that the OBC is effective "per person" was dated September 21, 2009. Fortunately we used one each for the b2b booking. But we are sorry to hear that that will now change to "per cabin".

In the past we were prevented from using two FCC for booking both passengers in one cabin. Will this condition remain? Otherwise two FCC applied towards one cruise cabin is not out of the question considering the benifits.

In the past we were prevented from using two FCC for booking both passengers in one cabin. Will this condition remain? .

I am a little confused here. Are you saying they did not allow you to use one FCC per person for the first two passengers in the stateroom previously? This is actually how it was supposed to be right from the beginning, one FCC per passenger for the first two in the stateroom. But there was a loop hole found that allowed one FCC for the first two passengers and both received the benefits from it. Princess worded the old FCC's so it abled you to use only one. But the option has always been there in the past that you could use one FCC plus a $100 for the second person, or one FCC per person. But from now on, each of the first two passengers will need to have an FCC in their name to receive all the benefits. But they only pertain to the first two passengers in the stateroom, you can not use an FCC for the 3rd or 4th passenger booked in the same stateroom, either previously, or now.

... But the option has always been there in the past that you could use one FCC plus a $100 for the second person, or one FCC per person. ..quote]

We were allowed to use one FCC for one passenger and $100 for the second. We were not allowed to use two FCC for both parties in the booking. Our object at the time was to use the second FCC, purchased in the second passenger's name, before it became obsolete, but Princess would not accept this.

We have the original receipt letter(s) for the FCC's made in September that states unequivocally that the OBC was applicable "per passenger". BUT, reading the small print of the upcoming cruise booking, it states that the OBC is applicable to the cabin only. As the receipt predates Princess' decision to alter the conditions, we fully intend to insist that they honour the original contract.

As Toto stated you could always use FCC for the first 2 passengers.

Passenger A can use their FCC= $100 deposit + OBC (depending on cabin)

Passenger B can use their FCC= $100 deposit + OBC (depending on cabin)

Actually if you had 4 FCC under passenger A you could use them all for the cruise, but you would only get the OBC for the 1st FCC (know this because I once had a stupid TA that actually didn't understand FCC's and had them all applied to a cruise--I had to call princess find out what to tell the TA and then walk the idiot through the procedure. Don't use them anymore.)

Actually if you had 4 FCC under passenger A you could use them all for the cruise, but you would only get the OBC for the 1st FCC (know this because I once had a stupid TA that actually didn't understand FCC's and had them all applied to a cruise--I had to call princess find out what to tell the TA and then walk the idiot through the procedure. Don't use them anymore.)

Yes, my wife and I have always each had the same number of FCC's. For each cruise, I instruct our TA to use one of mine for me and one of DW's for her. That has worked for years and now is the only way to do it.

Yes, definitely. You could apply as many FCC's as you wished towards your booking, but you would get the same perks as if you only used one per person. I totally agree on this. Many did this when they had FCC's that were due to expire, and the $100 cost of the extra FCC's was just applied to the price of the cruise, so the final payment was less.

I believe that Princess is taking the step of one FCC per passenger's OBC due to the cross bookings (which we must admit we have been guilty of) Each of two Elite members with FCC's would book separate staterooms and include in the booking one of a couple of sailing novices. All four passengers would obtain the superior fare (i.e., Elite) and all four would be granted the OBC. Upon boarding the craft, arrangements were made at the desk to switch card keys so that the Elites remained together, likewise the novices, but all receiving the benefits.

We read references to multiple FCC purchases. We have always been told that we may purchase only one FCC per passenger per cruise. Is this not correct?

I believe that Princess is taking the step of one FCC per passenger's OBC due to the cross bookings (which we must admit we have been guilty of) Each of two Elite members with FCC's would book separate staterooms and include in the booking one of a couple of sailing novices. All four passengers would obtain the superior fare (i.e., Elite) and all four would be granted the OBC. Upon boarding the craft, arrangements were made at the desk to switch card keys so that the Elites remained together, likewise the novices, but all receiving the benefits.

We read references to multiple FCC purchases. We have always been told that we may purchase only one FCC per passenger per cruise. Is this not correct?

Absolutely not, this is not correct. We often purchase 4 or 6 FCC's per cruise if we need to build them up for any reason. Our last cruise this past fall, we purchased two each, and promptly applied them when returning home to the next B2B cruise. This comes in very handy with multiple FCC's when considering a B2B cruise. You receive the shipboard credit and the lowered deposit for both cruises.

I do think you may have something there about those with FCC booking two different staterooms, then adding someone without an FCC to each stateroom, and then switching once you get onboard. That actually is kind of taking advantage of a great thing IMHO. I would guess it may have had a lot to do with them changing how FCC's can be used now.

You definitely can purchase more than one per person. I bought four each for my DW & I on our last cruise and I dd it at one time, so there was no question of the rep knowing I was buying many.

You definitely can purchase more than one per person. I bought four each for my DW & I on our last cruise and I dd it at one time, so there was no question of the rep knowing I was buying many.

Thank you for this. There have been many occasions when we have received conflicting information from various Princess employees. But one would expect the sales persons for FCC to be at least consistent in their interpretation of the rules. We plan to purchase multiple FCC on our upcoming cruises. Wish us luck...

We were allowed to use one FCC for one passenger and $100 for the second. We were not allowed to use two FCC for both parties in the booking. Our object at the time was to use the second FCC, purchased in the second passenger's name, before it became obsolete, but Princess would not accept this.

Something went wrong there. It has always been allowed to use two FCCs to book two passengers into a cabin using an FCC in each of their names.

It is just now that Princess enforces the need to do just that.

Did you book directly with Princess or did you use a travel agent?

My husband and I each purchased a FCC in July 2009. The agent at Princess said she applied it and then procedded to "cut" each one in half and add the $25.00 promotion OBC. So we each had a total of $75.00 OBC. Anyway, how can I get the point across to Princess? I have my paperwork. The consultant said that this would act as our deposit and we would receive $100.00 each OBC and would also be eligible for other promotions. Thanks:(

My husband and I each purchased a FCC in July 2009. The agent at Princess said she applied it and then procedded to "cut" each one in half and add the $25.00 promotion OBC. So we each had a total of $75.00 OBC. Anyway, how can I get the point across to Princess? I have my paperwork. The consultant said that this would act as our deposit and we would receive $100.00 each OBC and would also be eligible for other promotions. Thanks:(

I have read your post numerous times and I am still confused, sorry. What do you mean that 'she' applied each of the FCC's and then proceeded to 'cut' each one in half?

The amount of shipboard credit associated with the FCC depends on the length of the cruise and the type of stateroom you booked. The FCC serves as your deposit on the cruise, so no other funds should have been needed to secure your booking.

What length is the cruise you used your FCC's for, and what type of stateroom did you book? That might clear up the confusion, maybe! ;)

Did you book a future cruise at the time you bought the FCC's? If so, you need to go to Princess.com and sign onto the Cruise Personalizer. You should see the FCC applied to that cruise and see the OBC.

I hate to cause more confusion, but here's what happened to us last week. We decided to book a B2B Alaska for May. Husband and I each had only one FCC available, so we figured we would have to do without the OBC for one of us on each leg. Turned out to be a completely different ending.

When TA called to book on Friday, he was first told we didn't have any FCC avaible. He make the bookings, to be paid the first of the week. I supplied him with the numbers, etc. and the first of the week he went back to work on the cruise.

Princess acknowledged that we had the two FCC, but said we had to use one for each of us on one leg of the cruise, and pay the regular deposit for the other. My TA, who had been very sick, finally gave in and agreed to get the cruise booked.

He is currently trying to find out from Princess just what is going on. We have one booking, booked with FCC, which shows $87.50 shipboard credit for each of us. The other is a cash deposit (or too much, if you ask me) and shows a shipboard credit of $37.50 for each of us.

I'll update when we get word from someone with Princess who should know just what's going on. But as of today we were not allowed to book a cabin with one FCC and $100 for each leg of the cruise. And, the FCC were purchased last August, before the September change.

Wish us luck!

goodie-It is getting stranger by the moment. I have never heard of this before, $87.50 shipboard credit for one cruise and $37.50 for the second? Weird!

You'll have to come back and tell us how this one worked out when your TA finds out.

We always try to keep at least 4 FCC's on hand, just for this type of situation. With B2B's they work out great with the reduced deposit and shipboard credit on both.

Good Luck with this one!

My husband and I each purchased a FCC on the Crown in Nov 2008. I filled out the forms and dropped them in the box. A week after returning home, two confirmation letters arrived in the mail, one for each of us.

The letters that we received clearly stated that for a 7-9 day cruise a $50.00PP OBC would apply for the first and second passenger in the cabin.

The fine print on the letter :*This offer applies to the first two passenger i. the stateroom only...

The reservation agents didn't seem familiar with this verbiage. One rep told me that the program never provided OBC to both passengers, and that a computer glitch had allowed it until it was fixed recently. That was a good one. ...as they say ...I was born at night but not last night...

I had used my certificate to cruise with a friend this past Nov(09) I had booked directly through Princess and received 100.OBC..$50.00 for each person in the cabin. By the way, it was a great cruise:)

Last week, my DH used his FCC to book a cruise for the two of us, directly through Princess. The phone said that the program had changed, and the second person in the cabin wouldn't get the OBC. We told them that our expectation was that Princess would honor what they had sold us and had explained in writing.

I dug out the letter, and after scanned and emailed it to Princess customer relations. It took a few days, and a couple of calls escalated to supervisors, but i am happy to say that the second credit was applied.

I spent way too much time on the phone on this...probably won't buy another FCC, even though I really like Princess.

"One rep told me that the program never provided OBC to both passengers, and that a computer glitch had allowed it until it was fixed recently. That was a good one. ...as they say ...I was born at night but not last night..."

Actually, they did change the way that FCC's can be used, in September 2009. So, they did explain it to you accurately, they were not trying to pull your leg on this one. I wondered what would happen when some of the older FCC's were used and if they would honor the fine print on them that the offer was for the first two passengers in the stateroom. They're 'glitch' was that they had that fine print worded incorrectly, so they can't blame us, the passengers, for taking advantage of what they offered. ;)

Although you won the war, this is when a good travel agent earns their commission, they would have fought that battle for you. Glad you won the war though! :)

Archived