Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

We tried to book FCCs for our two kids on the CB two years ago (they were travelling with us, too) and were told we couldn't do FCCs for anyone under 18. I also called Princess after we returned and was told the same thing, so we were only allowed to purchase them for my DH and me.:(

I had a similar experience. The Future cruise Rep told us that we didn't have to buy them for our children because they are only good for the first two passengers in the room. Now that they are old enough to occupy a room by themselves I will buy them each one on our next sailing.

I had a similar experience. The Future cruise Rep told us that we didn't have to buy them for our children because they are only good for the first two passengers in the room. Now that they are old enough to occupy a room by themselves I will buy them each one on our next sailing.

The consultant was right to the extent that only the first two passengers in a cabin can use an FCC

Shoot! Now I have 2 FCCs in each of our names and none in kids' names. I hate loosing out on this. I could have easily bought FCCs in my kids' names if we were told about it. I wonder if Princess would let me change our names on the FCCs to my kids' names. Guess not! Just wishful thinking.

Don't give up just yet! I would definitely try explaining the situation and the bad information you got from the Sapphire future cruise consultant. You're not someone who's trying to book for 4 people with two FCC's. You actually have 4 FCC's. This is probably one of those situations where you need to ask more than one CSR and not give up at the first no. Good luck!

Don't give up just yet! I would definitely try explaining the situation and the bad information you got from the Sapphire future cruise consultant. You're not someone who's trying to book for 4 people with two FCC's. You actually have 4 FCC's. This is probably one of those situations where you need to ask more than one CSR and not give up at the first no. Good luck!

Yes, it is worth a try. The worst that will happen is they say No. If you don't try then it is definitely a No.

The bottom line is when those FCC's were purchased and when the actual booking was made. The change came in July and was implemented entirely in September.

We had a situation when we changed cabins for our upcoming June cruise on the Ruby. We had used 4 FCC's, but they were all in our names. When the cabin change was made, it automatically removed the OBC from the kids. It took a bit of maneuvering and a phone call from the on board rep (we made the change while on the Coral 3 weeks ago), but it all got straightened out. However, the original booking had been made prior to Princess' change, so I guess I did sort of have a leg to stand on.

The consultant was right to the extent that only the first two passengers in a cabin can use an FCC

What I meant to say was that she advised us against purchasing them for each child because at the time we were always sailing 4 to a room. She didn't say that we couldn't purchase them for the children.

Sorry to see these have changed a little. I found out as my TA wanted one for each me and my significant other, even though we were sharing the cabin.

I assume we will each receive the on board credit? So, for our 7 day cruise we will still get $100 to the room ($50 each)?

Still a good deal, even with the modification.

Sorry to see these have changed a little. I found out as my TA wanted one for each me and my significant other, even though we were sharing the cabin.

I assume we will each receive the on board credit? So, for our 7 day cruise we will still get $100 to the room ($50 each)?

I assume you each used an FCC. If so, then yes, you will each get the OBC.

You will if each of you had a certificate in your own name.

We have 2 FCC's. We purchased them on our Emerald Baltic cruise last September at the end of the cruise. We were never issued physical certificates but they do show up on our accounts on the Princess website.

My question is how do we go about applying them when we book our next cruise either:

1. Directly with Princess

2. With a brick and mortar Travel Agent

3. With an online Travel Agent.

Do we just provide our Member Numbers or is there some other procedure. I didn't notice any reference number associated with each credit.

Thanks for any info.

We have 2 FCC's. We purchased them on our Emerald Baltic cruise last September at the end of the cruise. We were never issued physical certificates but they do show up on our accounts on the Princess website.

My question is how do we go about applying them when we book our next cruise either:

1. Directly with Princess

2. With a brick and mortar Travel Agent

3. With an online Travel Agent.

Do we just provide our Member Numbers or is there some other procedure. I didn't notice any reference number associated with each credit.

Thanks for any info.

With 1 (via phone) and 2, just tell the agent that you have the certificates aand they will locate them with you Captain's Circle number.

Note: If you do not have one in each of your names, contact Princess to get one switched. New rules only give onboard credit to the person with the name on the FCC.

With 1 (via internet) and 3, you will need to contact the agent via phone and have the FCC's applied. No way to do it online.

Are you sure you didn't get an evelope before the end of the cruise showing you had bought the FCC's? It looks just like a letter, not what I would call a certificate. Also if they are showing up in you account on Princess, make sure you make a printout of that page. I make a new print out when I buy FCC, when I have them assigned to a cruise and after I cruise to show what is left. This way you will have proof. If you charged it to Credit Card you could also put that statement with your cruising folder.

With 1 (via phone) and 2, just tell the agent that you have the certificates aand they will locate them with you Captain's Circle number.

Note: If you do not have one in each of your names, contact Princess to get one switched. New rules only give onboard credit to the person with the name on the FCC.

With 1 (via internet) and 3, you will need to contact the agent via phone and have the FCC's applied. No way to do it online.

Thanks for the clarification. Fortunately, the FCC's are in each of our names and show up that way on the Princess website.

Are you sure you didn't get an evelope before the end of the cruise showing you had bought the FCC's? It looks just like a letter, not what I would call a certificate. Also if they are showing up in you account on Princess, make sure you make a printout of that page. I make a new print out when I buy FCC, when I have them assigned to a cruise and after I cruise to show what is left. This way you will have proof. If you charged it to Credit Card you could also put that statement with your cruising folder.

We definitely were not given anything onboard. I was looking for something when we were still on the ship. Unfortunately we didn't purchase them until the end of the cruise and left the FCC Order Forms in the box since outside the Future Cruise office since it was closed. I will definitely take your advice and printout the pages on the website.

Thanks,

We have always gotten a letter for the FCC's we purchased. However, the important thing is that they show on Princess.com.

We have always gotten a letter for the FCC's we purchased. However, the important thing is that they show on Princess.com.

Things have a habit of disappearing on Peoples princess.com account, so if you don't have a letter then you better print it out. There have been so many posts in the past of people saying their info has been changed or not there. It would be terrible to go into your account and find out a gremlin has visited you.:eek:

Things have a habit of disappearing on Peoples princess.com account, so if you don't have a letter then you better print it out. There have been so many posts in the past of people saying their info has been changed or not there. It would be terrible to go into your account and find out a gremlin has visited you.:eek:

I printed them both out and they each have a Credit ID# associated with them

Thanks,

My husband, my mother and I all bought FCC's 4 years ago. The next year we used two of them. The following year we celebrated our 40th anniversary on a great Azamara cruise. Last year my husband got sick and passed away in February. The old FCC's said they needed to be used in 4 years, but did not say you had to cruise by that date. Although 4 different Princess reps assured me and my TA that I would be able to use the FCC for my January cruise coming up - when I booked in October they refused to honor it. It expired in December. I lost the $100 on board credit, had to pay an additional full deposit, and they insisted on returning the $100 we paid to my late husband's closed credit card account that it had been charged to! Buyers beware!

My husband, my mother and I all bought FCC's 4 years ago. The next year we used two of them. The following year we celebrated our 40th anniversary on a great Azamara cruise. Last year my husband got sick and passed away in February. The old FCC's said they needed to be used in 4 years, but did not say you had to cruise by that date. Although 4 different Princess reps assured me and my TA that I would be able to use the FCC for my January cruise coming up - when I booked in October they refused to honor it. It expired in December. I lost the $100 on board credit, had to pay an additional full deposit, and they insisted on returning the $100 we paid to my late husband's closed credit card account that it had been charged to! Buyers beware!

The FCC's clearly say you must sail within 4 years.

As to your late husband, you should be happy they refunded them. What else could they be used for?

I don't think that she got the refund because her husband's account was closed.

Sorry for your husband's passing.

Others have posted that when the FCC was nearing the end of four years they were able to call Princess and get an extension. It is a shame that Princess did not do this for you.

The FCC's clearly say you must sail within 4 years.

My letters from a few years ago did not indicate this. It just said must be used within 4 years - I interpreted that as long as you book it in 4 years......

I think they have changed the wording in the past few years.

I had to work with the bank with the closed account to finally get the money - a check made out in his name which I then had to take to my current bank to deposit in a joint account I have kept open.

Our FCC's did not say must sail in 4 years. I sent them a copy of it. The FCCS said that when the booking was made, the deposit could be used and the OBC put into the reservation. Apparently they stopped making "extensions" just as I was booking.

It is interesting to note that Celebrity let me use certificates in both my husband's and my name from getting quarantined on an Azamara Ship the year before. We had to cancel a cruise when he got sick, and they gave them back to me - then let me use both in August, 4 months after they would have expired.

As we have done many times in the past....we recently booked a Cruise using One FCC and paying the second deposit by CC.

However, we were advised by the Princess rep that they will now only give the OBC to the person booking with the FCC......they have told us that the second person is not entitled to the OBC if they did not book using a FCC.

Needless to say we are in debate with them over this issue as we have always booked our Cruises this way .....and I don't recall getting any notification that the policy had changed.

Somewhere in my files ( which I am now delving through) I am sure that I have paperwork outlining the one + one option using FCC's.

Has anyone else had any experience with this recently.

Cheers

Ken

Yep had very similar conversation with the FC agent about this subject and we were going to reserve two cabins but decided not to since we wouldn't get the benefit of the FCC i.e. two passengers per cabin. The only benefit would have been FCC for the two of us and the lower deposit but I don't worry about the deposit since I pay more the the required deposit anyway.

I booked a cruise today. My husband & I purchased the two FCC's last July. So, I booked directly with Princess. The agent said that there is a special promotion now for $25.00 OBC. So, we would each receive a total of $75.00 OBC! She said that we would each get the $50.00 plus $25.00 for a total of $75.00. The agent was not willing to let us book a "girls" room and a "boy's" room to allow us to get a discounted rate for each of the two cabins. I specifically grilled the FCC Consultant that we could use this as a deposit AND get $100.00 OBC. He said yes. Comments?:confused:

Archived