Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

As we have done many times in the past....we recently booked a Cruise using One FCC and paying the second deposit by CC.

However, we were advised by the Princess rep that they will now only give the OBC to the person booking with the FCC......they have told us that the second person is not entitled to the OBC if they did not book using a FCC.

Needless to say we are in debate with them over this issue as we have always booked our Cruises this way .....and I don't recall getting any notification that the policy had changed.

Somewhere in my files ( which I am now delving through) I am sure that I have paperwork outlining the one + one option using FCC's.

Has anyone else had any experience with this recently.

Cheers

Ken

Your previous FCC's were good for the first two people in a cabin, now they read differently and each person must have their own FCC to receive credit.

There is a thread on this explaining the change in the Princess forum.

It is located down this page begininning with "Sept 17th"

Mike:)

Best of luck on this one, but I doubt you will be able to argue your way out of the new rules. As of a certain date, the rules changed. No, they did not send out any type of warning, as the 'old rules' were just a way for many of us to slip through the cracks to begin with. My guess, only one of you will get the OBC associated with using only one FCC. Good Luck though!

I am sitting here looking at 4 FCC's which were purchased on September 27th on board the Coral. They are definitely the old ones which state that "this offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom." Yes, they used the old forms even though September 17th was supposed to be the magic cutoff date. Would I have a leg to stand on if I chose to use just one for two bookings? Maybe. Maybe not. I won't even try, since my usual practice has always been to initially use one each.

Can you still book the second person with $100 deposit on a credit card or has that changed too?

That would be defeating the purpose, because you'd lose the other OBC. However, if you only have one FCC, you really don't have a choice.

That would be defeating the purpose, because you'd lose the other OBC. However, if you only have one FCC, you really don't have a choice.

I know but last time we sailed we purchased 2 FCC's. One for each of us. At the time we were told by the FCC rep that we would be able to book one child and one adult in two rooms and would only have to pay an additional $100 deposit for each child on a credit card when we booked and each child would also receive an obc. I had to cancel our cruise for next year so I was just wondering if when we rebooked if it was only going to cost me an extra $200 deposit. I guess when we finally sail again I will have to purchase 4 FCC's 1 for each of us to get the full benefit. I couldn't do that last time because the kids weren't with us. They are minors so I wonder if they can have their own circle savings account.

I know but last time we sailed we purchased 2 FCC's. One for each of us. At the time we were told by the FCC rep that we would be able to book one child and one adult in two rooms and would only have to pay an additional $100 deposit for each child on a credit card when we booked and each child would also receive an obc. I had to cancel our cruise for next year so I was just wondering if when we rebooked if it was only going to cost me an extra $200 deposit. I guess when we finally sail again I will have to purchase 4 FCC's 1 for each of us to get the full benefit. I couldn't do that last time because the kids weren't with us. They are minors so I wonder if they can have their own circle savings account.

They are non entities until they turn 18. Then they reap the benefits and do get their previous cruises counted towards gold, plat or elite status.

Since your FCC's were bought at the time the rules were different (and they say as much), I'm wondering whether they would still honor the old system. You'll find out soon enough.

I wanted to thank everyone for their input.

It appears as if we will have to "bite the bullet" on this recently booked Cruise. Although when I board ship on our next Princess Cruise I may try one more time with the "On Board FCC Rep"....who knows I may get lucky.

From your information and reading some of the earlier discussions around page 49 I was able to contact a few of my friends who are currently Cruising (Lucky them) and who were not aware of the tighter rules in this regard. They are now going to get FCC's for both Husband & Wife

I haven't been disappointed yet when I have posed a question on these Boards.....Once again thanks.

Ken

. I couldn't do that last time because the kids weren't with us. They are minors so I wonder if they can have their own circle savings account.

Just curious but I thought we can purchase as many FCCs as we wanted. I only got two though but thought I could buy 4 (even though there were two of us sailing)

Is that not the case

Just curious but I thought we can purchase as many FCCs as we wanted. I only got two though but thought I could buy 4 (even though there were two of us sailing)

Is that not the case

You can purchase as many FCC's as you wish (no limit I have ever seen or heard of). The problem here, I think, is that you can not purchase FCC's for someone not on that sailing with you. You can purchase them for yourself or anyone on the ship, but not for those that stayed at home.

You can purchase as many FCC's as you wish (no limit I have ever seen or heard of). The problem here, I think, is that you can not purchase FCC's for someone not on that sailing with you. You can purchase them for yourself or anyone on the ship, but not for those that stayed at home.

Since an FCC purchased in one person's name can be used for a spouse (in addition to one for the first person), might not the same be true if traveling with a child instead of a spouse?

Since an FCC purchased in one person's name can be used for a spouse (in addition to one for the first person), might not the same be true if traveling with a child instead of a spouse?

Actually, with these new rules, I have no idea. But I do know that an FCC had to be used in the past for the one that purchased it. Not sure how they are going to get around that with the spouse or children thing. But it has always been the case that purchasing an FCC for someone other than those on that ship at that time was not allowed, and they were non-transferable. I guess time will tell on this one.

Yes it can. We took 2 granddaughters on the CB, booked two cabins using 4 FCC's and everyone got OBC. We are doing the same thing again in June, but this time their brothers get the cruise. Again; 4 FCC's; two cabins.

When we were on the Crown Princess this past July, the Future Cruise Consultant told us that the FCC had to be in the name of the person actually using it, so we went ahead and bought FCC's for our kids in addition to ourselves. I'm not saying that this is the "true" official policy, just that this is what we were told on the Crown.

When we were on the Crown Princess this past July, the Future Cruise Consultant told us that the FCC had to be in the name of the person actually using it, so we went ahead and bought FCC's for our kids in addition to ourselves. I'm not saying that this is the "true" official policy, just that this is what we were told on the Crown.

It's absolutely amazing how cruise consultant's knowledge vary from ship to ship. Obviously there is no specific training manual, or everything would be the same.

With this policy change as of September, does this mean that Princess will no longer honor the express language of the older future cruise deposit letters that say the offer is good for the first two passengers in a cabin?

I currently have 2 future cruise deposits, one pre-Sept. and one post-Sept. Both are in my name. If Princess will no longer honor the older deposit letter will I be able to use one of my deposits for my spouse, even though both are in my name?

With this policy change as of September, does this mean that Princess will no longer honor the express language of the older future cruise deposit letters that say the offer is good for the first two passengers in a cabin?

I currently have 2 future cruise deposits, one pre-Sept. and one post-Sept. Both are in my name. If Princess will no longer honor the older deposit letter will I be able to use one of my deposits for my spouse, even though both are in my name?

Of course you will. I always had a whole lot of FCC's and never paid attention to which ones were used. Well, I recently used four of them and three happened to be in my husband's name and only one in mine.

I don't believe there is any difficulty with using two FCC's in the same name ...the problem seems to be with the OBC.

In our recent booking, I used two of my FCC's to book the Cruise as we didn't have any left in my wife's name......Princess has stated to us that only one OBC will be forthcoming.....for my wife to receive one as well the FCC would have had to be in her name.

With that being said I read very recently in another thread about this subject that in short stated that a CC member checked with her TA and her TA came back to her and said that Princess has been receiving a lot of flack on this subject and have backed off somewhat and are now back to doing things the old way......this is hearsay of course but hopefully true

I have friends presently on the Star and have emailed them and asked them if they wouldn't mind going to the "On Board FCC Rep" and finding out what the real story is.....will report back as soon as I hear from them.

Ken

Ken, I too heard from my TA this week because of an approaching cruise and he said last week Princess changed it back to the old way - allowing use of one FCC, pay $100 and get OBC for both. I don't always believe what TA tells me but seems to substantiate what you heard.

I just emailed my TA (who is the top seller from Princess cruises in the U.S.) to get the scoop on this. Will let you know her response as soon as she gets back to me.

My guess, one FCC will still book the first two passengers, but only one will receive the shipboard credit attached. Waiting to see if I am correct on this or if I am way off base and they have changed it back the way it used to be. Stay tuned................

Archived