Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

Ok, I'm not going to read the 3rd page on this thread. I haven't been on here for awhile and now I'm reading this and don't understand. I'm sorry I'm not going to try and find the original thread and read all of that either.

Please you cruisers that are here constantly answering all the important questions help me understand.

I purchased 2 FCC on our last cruise April 2009. If I go to book another cruise for 2011, can I use them for the deposit for our cruise? We purchased 2 so that will count for both of our deposits right?

Do we still both get the 100.00 credit too?

Thanks in advance. I really don't want to go back and search for this thread.

Yes, you each can use your FCC as a deposit on your 2011 cruise. You will each get the appropriate OBC depending on the number of cruise days. $100 each would mean that your cruise is 10 days or more and that you have an outside cabin.

Ok, I'm not going to read the 3rd page on this thread. I haven't been on here for awhile and now I'm reading this and don't understand. I'm sorry I'm not going to try and find the original thread and read all of that either.

Please you cruisers that are here constantly answering all the important questions help me understand.

I purchased 2 FCC on our last cruise April 2009. If I go to book another cruise for 2011, can I use them for the deposit for our cruise? We purchased 2 so that will count for both of our deposits right?

Do we still both get the 100.00 credit too?

Thanks in advance. I really don't want to go back and search for this thread.

You must have one in your name and one in your travel companion's name to get the full benefit.

Toto2Kansas and everyone-

1. Yes, Toto is correct in the breakdown per my FCC docs.

2. My DH and I each have one in our name. (Cool)

3."This offer applies to the first two passengers in the stateroom" per wording at the bottom. So, I need only to use one to get the OBC. Ours were purchased July 2009.

4. I will use my offer for a cruise and DH will use his another time. The wording also states "More than two future cruise deposits can be applied to the same booking, however, the shipboard credit is only available once per person per booking".

5. I have since had to cancel my recent Alaska booking and we will plan a different time.

6. FCC's are great in my book.

Happy Sailings to all!

nwwinelady, Just keep in mind, new FCC's will not have the same wording, and you will have to purchase one per person to get the benefits from now on. No way to fight the new ones, as the fine print explains it all and one per person is now needed. And when you try to use that second one down the road, keep in mind, you will have a fight on your hands then too trying to get Princess to honor the old fine print. ;) Enjoy!

This is the "new" wording!

I interpret this as requiring one FCC for each passenger booked in a cabin. But if there are 3 passengers in a cabin and 3 FCCs are tendered, only first 2 passengers will receive OBC but all 3 will not have to pay additional deposit.

3."This offer applies to the first two passengers in the stateroom" per wording at the bottom. So, I need only to use one to get the OBC. Ours were purchased July 2009.

Happy Sailings to all!

Please forgive us if we expand the FCC subject somewhat but a friend just asked me a rhetorical question. If Princess' position on FCC is that each passenger must now have their own individual FCC in order to receive the OBC, will Princess consider each passenger as distinct and separate and afford two bar set-ups per stateroom when it is occupied by two Elite members. As I say, rhetorical so no need to reply but an interesting point.

Please forgive us if we expand the FCC subject somewhat but a friend just asked me a rhetorical question. If Princess' position on FCC is that each passenger must now have their own individual FCC in order to receive the OBC, will Princess consider each passenger as distinct and separate and afford two bar set-ups per stateroom when it is occupied by two Elite members. As I say, rhetorical so no need to reply but an interesting point.

NO, the mini bar set up for Elites is one per stateroom, even if two elite members occupy the same stateroom. Remember, in the mini bar set up, there are two of everything. ;)

After thinking about this for a while, I am a little confused. I am a UK cruiser so our procedure is slightly different, but we obtain what could be called an FCC option, we then pay 2 deposits, for a 2 person cabin, and receive 2 lots of OBC for the booking. On any cruise we can request any number of FCC options.

The old system, as I understand it, is that US cruisers would buy one FCC, then when they book would present this and also pay a second $100 deposit, and then both passengers would receive an OBC.

Very similar to UK cruisers except we do not pay the deposit until we book; well we Brits do have to have some benefits to compensate for all those cheap cruises you Americans get.

Now from reading the early posts it appears that US cruisers now need to prersent 2 pre-paid FCC's in order to obtain 2 lots of OBC. Forgive me if I am a little slow here, but financially what is the difference between the 2 procedures?

The second deposit no longer gets the OBC. So now $200 per cabin has to be pre-paid in the form of FCC purchase. Also, if only one person has only one FCC left over and the other person sharing the cabin does not have any FCC before both could get OBC.

The old system, as I understand it, is that US cruisers would buy one FCC, then when they book would present this and also pay a second $100 deposit, and then both passengers would receive an OBC.

Now from reading the early posts it appears that US cruisers now need to prersent 2 pre-paid FCC's in order to obtain 2 lots of OBC. Forgive me if I am a little slow here, but financially what is the difference between the 2 procedures?

The second deposit no longer gets the OBC. So now $200 per cabin has to be pre-paid in the form of FCC purchase. Also, if only one person has only one FCC left over and the other person sharing the cabin does not have any FCC before both could get OBC.

Yes, but the actual amount you need to pay remains the same, ie $200. OK so you have to pre-pay all this amount as against only $100 in the past, but it still offers major advantages over having to pay 2 full deposits and getting no OBC.

...Forgive me if I am a little slow here, but financially what is the difference between the 2 procedures?

Each FCC is good for one passenger in obtaining an OBC and the maximun FCC per cabin to do this is two. Previously the second passenger need only pay the $100 deposit at time of booking to obtain the OBC. Now he/she must have purchased a FCC in advance of booking.

I believe that each passenger must have an FCC in his or her name. If I have two and my wife has none, I get an OBC, but my wife does not.

Check back a page for ONT-CA's comment that Princess have honoured their old FCC on the old system basis.

All you need do now is remember to book one, or more. FCC's each in future. Oh, and of course you have to charge yourself interest on the additional $100 it has cost you, maybe 6 months at 0.5% interest, that's about a quarter by my reckoning.;)

NO, the mini bar set up for Elites is one per stateroom, even if two elite members occupy the same stateroom. Remember, in the mini bar set up, there are two of everything. ;)

The reply to our posting re. bar set-up for two Elete passengers in one cabin was made in but one minute. Is the reply poster speaking on behalf of Princess? If not then who knows what may change. Certainly a lot of late.

The reply to our posting re. bar set-up for two Elete passengers in one cabin was made in but one minute. Is the reply poster speaking on behalf of Princess? If not then who knows what may change. Certainly a lot of late.

What Toto stated would not be expected to change in the immediate future, inasmuch as this is a fairly new occurrence.

The two setups are NOT for two Elite passengers. It is for an Elite passenger occupying a full suite. Elite gets one; suite gets one. Doesn't matter how many in suite are Elite, because even if there were none, suite would still get a setup.

This was the exact wording. My FCC document at the bottom says that I can apply it to the first two passengers in my cabin. It will not apply to "upper berth passengers". So, for my 7 day Alaskan cruise, my Dh and I will each receive 100.00 OBC for our balcony room.

This was the exact wording. My FCC document at the bottom says that I can apply it to the first two passengers in my cabin. It will not apply to "upper berth passengers". So, for my 7 day Alaskan cruise, my Dh and I will each receive 100.00 OBC for our balcony room.

A SEVEN day cruise using an FCC does not give you $100 credit per person. Ever. All you get is $50/PP.

1. Yes, Toto is correct in the breakdown per my FCC docs.

2. My DH and I each have one in our name. (Cool)

4. I will use my offer for a cruise and DH will use his another time. The wording also states "More than two future cruise deposits can be applied to the same booking, however, the shipboard credit is only available once per person per booking".

5. I have since had to cancel my recent Alaska booking and we will plan a different time.

6. FCC's are great in my book.

Happy Sailings to all!

Wine Lady

Be prepared for some pushback from Princess on the second person's OBC.

Read my posting earlier on this thread.

I had to send in a copy of the letter and speak with a couple of supervisors

to get it sorted out.

I don't want to go into it again...I was annoyed but I've let it go:)

The wording on the old FCCs ."This offer applies to the first two passengers in the stateroom" can be interpreted to mean that one FCC can be used to get the deposit and OBC for two passengers or that each of the first two passengers can use a FCC each to get the benefits. Since for years, we have had people on here complaining that the FCC rep said they needed one each, I think Princess has a case.

The wording on the old FCCs ."This offer applies to the first two passengers in the stateroom" can be interpreted to mean that one FCC can be used to get the deposit and OBC for two passengers or that each of the first two passengers can use a FCC each to get the benefits. Since for years, we have had people on here complaining that the FCC rep said they needed one each, I think Princess has a case.

You can interpret it any way you want....but Princess changed the language on the new letters going out and also changed the language in the cruise answer book to clearly explain what the new policy is going forward.

I am happy to say that Princess was customer friendly and took care of me.

Archived