What H1N1 questions?

giddy2travel

We were handed a form with several questions... have you been sick in the past 2 weeks, do you have a fever? Have you been around anyone with the flu? Several like that... nothing big, but if you are sick, don't go ... there are several thousand other people on that ship that you are putting at risk (not aimed at the OP, but anyone reading this... hate people who think their vacation is more important than the health of everyone around them - venting for a situation I know about..... gggrrrrrr )

When you ask about the H1N1 vaccine, if you are asking are you required to take the vaccine to cruise the answer is no at this point in time. And clearly, the challenge with the vaccination is that it is not in large supply at this time and there are certain groups who are supposed to get vaccinated first. As to whether or not you shouuld get the vaccination when it is in ample supply this is a personal decision and one you may also want to consult with your physician about.

Keith

Thanks,

I got the vaccine

here it's now open for everyone..

Not everyone in my group get it though

The ones giving it told us to keep our proof with us in case we are asked in different countries when traveling...

so who knows what's coming..

I agree it's a personal decision..It's the first flu shot I ever received..

thanks again

We were handed a form with several questions... have you been sick in the past 2 weeks, do you have a fever? Have you been around anyone with the flu? Several like that... nothing big, but if you are sick, don't go ... there are several thousand other people on that ship that you are putting at risk (not aimed at the OP, but anyone reading this... hate people who think their vacation is more important than the health of everyone around them - venting for a situation I know about..... gggrrrrrr )

The unfortunate problem with cruising is that while it is in everyone's best interest for sick people to not get on the ship, the all-or-nothing proposition of losing cruise fare (without insurance) tends to make people a little more selfish than they might usually be. Of course, you could board the ship with no outward symptoms and already be infected. At least outwardly I can try to stay away from the person coughing. It is the perosn who feels just fine who may be the worse spreader of illness. :)

Archived