New Elie Perk

freetocruise

Here in NYC, don't even try it (push a full cart through the express grocery line)! You will immediately be called out by someone behind you and the checkout person will send you away, for fear of bodily harm from the mod if he/she doesn't.:eek:

Proving once again that New Yorkers do get somethings right on occasion :D (And yes, I was born in the Bronx:()

So what happens in somebody doesn't have the black card but

they are staying in a suite? Will the 'black card' people give stink-eye

to a blue, gold or plat card holder who happens to get in line, yet

are staying in a suite? The room number isn't printed on the card.

What happens if someone tries to pull a fast one and they're not really

staying in a full suite? Will the person at the desk redirect the passenger

to the proper line?

I would not pull a fast one. I'm just wondering aloud.

What about those in mini-suites? Will they assume that suite refers to

mini-suites too?

Yes stink eye!!! :eek:

Don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

Seems like a meaningless benefit to me. Unless you have to stand in line on the final day I'm never had to wait more than a mnute or two. Nothing I've had to do is important enough to do that second instead of coming back later.

I would assume thay an experienced Elite crusier would alredy know to check their onboard statement prior to the end of the crusie for accuracy and not wait until the last day to correct and get into a big line

No big deal to me, sure not going to get excited about it. Hope about a free dinner in one of the alternative restaurants as a new Elite benefit to get me interested?

I think this is a great benefit. as stated above, it costs Princess nothing and It is a nice way to say thank you to Elite pax.

I only stop at the pursers desk a few times through out the cruise but sometimes there can be 4-5 people in line. The last thing I want to do is wait in line for 5-10 minutes just to speak to someone.

This is a benefit That I am glad to have. I hope it is fleet wide.

to the proper line?

mini-suites too?

I believe that cabin numbers are on the cruise card, but As someone has already said, these special lines are only as good the the desk person's willingness to turn people away.

I believe that cabin numbers are on the cruise card, but As someone has already said, these special lines are only as good the the desk person's willingness to turn people away.

Actually, Princess stopped putting cabin numbers on the cruise cards a few years ago. They no longer have them printed on them.

I can think of a lot better benefits that they could give elites. They didn't have this on the Diamond a couple of weeks ago. I agree with one free dinner at one of the restaurants or priority disembarkment at ports, not just on the last day.:)

I agree with one free dinner at one of the restaurants or priority disembarkment at ports, not just on the last day.:)

Now that's a great idea...priority disembarkation at all ports :D

Wouldn't hold your breath (or appetite) for the free dinner though :rolleyes:

Here in NYC, don't even try it (push a full cart through the express grocery line)! You will immediately be called out by someone behind you and the checkout person will send you away, for fear of bodily harm from the mod if he/she doesn't.:eek:

How true. And don't try to pull the 6 bottles of Coke is only one item scam.

to the proper line?

mini-suites too?

They will probably serve them the same way they serve traditional diners at anytime dining. The line at the purser's desk would be shorter if you were able to access your account from your room.

Boy, you guys are tough in the city. Do you count bananas in the bunch. :rolleyes:

As long as you keep them in a bunch it's one item. If they have to be weighed on the scale idividually it's multiple items.:D We avoid the drama at the supermarket by ording our groceries online and having them delivered to the house.

I'm currently on the Sapphire and the Suite/Elite line is set up. The line works great!!!

Funny one mentions stink eye, I'm platinum (will be Elite after this cruise) and in a full suite this trip. There was one lady behind me in the line who literally yelled at me, telling me to get out of the line (talking about high strung). I made a small effort to explain i was in a full suite, but it really wasn't worth the energy.

The things people worry about.

How did she know that you were only a mere platinum?:rolleyes:

Mike:)

My guess, they had their platinum cruise card in hand as they stood in line. Guess those not Elite in a full suite will need to hide it in their pocket until they reach the desk from now on. ;) I have to admit, in the past, I have run into some very rude Elite members that you thought might have owned the cruise line. But wait, if they did own the cruise line, they would want to be nice to their passengers....guess that was an incorrect comparison. lol But there are a few out there that seem to feel they are very 'Entitled' and like to act like it.

We are going to be on the Golden sailing away to Hawaii in a few weeks (can't wait!). This is super news as there are several times we need to see the purser (hole punched in card, change, a bill error, etc). I also like the idea of luggage being delivered first. I noticed today that Elite is on our tags.:D

I agree, it sounds lovely. Will have to see how it works in a few months.

I had suggested (many cruises ago), that Elites get expedited luggage delivery. So far I haven't seen that one in action, but it would sure be nice. I wonder if having the printed luggage tags will put this into effect? Didn't someone say that they have your Captain's Circle status on them?

Just curious we are elite but haven't cruised in 12 years, are we suppose to have a card or something to carry on board? Will there be a seperate line for us when embarking? Do they still have a special "free boos" Captains Circle party in addition to the formal nite cocktail parties? Can't wait to be on board again, it will be fun, fun, fun!!! Especially on NYE!

thanks for your help!

Belle

Just curious we are elite but haven't cruised in 12 years, are we suppose to have a card or something to carry on board? Will there be a seperate line for us when embarking? Do they still have a special "free boos" Captains Circle party in addition to the formal nite cocktail parties? Can't wait to be on board again, it will be fun, fun, fun!!! Especially on NYE!

thanks for your help!

Belle

If its been that long since you sailed you should call Princess Captains Circle desk and ask for your membership packet which will give you all the info you need. :)

Just curious we are elite but haven't cruised in 12 years, are we suppose to have a card or something to carry on board? Your cruise card (room key/charge card) will be black to indicate elite. Will there be a seperate line for us when embarking? There is normally a seperate line for elite/platinum/suite passengers. Sometimes it is quicker to use the regular lines. The computer boarding pass that you bring with you will indicate to the crowd control folk that you can use the special line. Do they still have a special "free boos" Captains Circle party in addition to the formal nite cocktail parties? Yes, there will be a Captain's Circle reception for repeat passengers. You will be invited to one of the several they will schedule to handle the number of repeat passengers. Can't wait to be on board again, it will be fun, fun, fun!!! Especially on NYE!

thanks for your help!

Belle

see above in red

Archived