Questions

Jancruz

Will Azamara make it easier to contact their customer service or reservations dept? The other day I spent over two hours being transferred six times between Celebrity and RCCL. Each time the rep tried to help me but gave me wrong info and created more problems on my reservation. When I finally reached Azamara customer service my problem was fixed within minutes. With the increase in prices I can't see guests putting up with this kind of customer service.

I am now wondering given the charging being applied in Prime C and Aqualina are they going to move the catering and service up a notch - do not get me wrong I think they are great but I wonder if we are going to see new really upscale menus to reflect the higher cost

I am now wondering given the charging being applied in Prime C and Aqualina are they going to move the catering and service up a notch - do not get me wrong I think they are great but I wonder if we are going to see new really upscale menus to reflect the higher cost

Hi Uktog !

Based on my experiences in Prime C and Aqualina, I thought the food and service were outstanding. Yes, there is always room for improvement, though I'd be surprised if they change things around very much with Specialty Dining. Time will tell.

We are booked on the Quest departing Hong Kong March 30th, 2010 at 11:59pm. This is a 10 day cruise. Any idea if the changes will be implemented on this cruise? Or, are we out of luck since it deaparts in March?

If your OBC is from an agency, it is combinable with shareholder benefit

OBC; if it is from a cruiseline offer, it is not combineable.

I just received this info yesterday from an email from RCL Shareholder

benefit Team.

That is exactly right

Jancruz1

Yes

Jancruz1

So, basically, those who booked earlier this year and received pre-paid gratuities and OBC and are traveling Jan, Feb, and March are still screwed because they cannot combine stockholders credits (only 2), correct?

Disclosure - I do not have stock holder credits with RCCL at this time but had been thinking about it last year until I found out I would not get any OBC for being a stockholder.

So, basically, those who booked earlier this year and received pre-paid gratuities and OBC and are traveling Jan, Feb, and March are still screwed because they cannot combine stockholders credits (only 2), correct?

Disclosure - I do not have stock holder credits with RCCL at this time but had been thinking about it last year until I found out I would not get any OBC for being a stockholder.

Hi Jade !

The easiest way to explain it, is that you cannot combine the Shareholder credit with most all OBC's that Azamara/Celebrity provides. If the TA is paying for the OB credit, then they are usually combinable. With that said, it always pays to check with your TA or Azamara, as there are countless scenarios involved.

I agree that it's disappointing that Azamara & Celebrity is being so stubborn about this. Moreso for Azamara, as they have raised prices. I feel it would be a fair compromise if Azamara reverted back to the old way, and allowed 2 In-House OBC's to be combinable. Just my .02 cents though.

A few more questions, if you don't mind, Jan. Will the corkage fee for wine we bring to the dining room continue to be $30? Will the Discoveries dining room be open more frequently at noon?

I will check on the corkage fee, the Discoveries dining room will be closed while in port

Jancruz1

From Azamara:

Starting April we will serve house wine with lunch and dinner.

Starting April bottled water and soft drinks are complimentary.

Corkage will go to $10 per bottle.

Jancruz1

But the corkage fee for wine brought to the dining room in January, February and March is $30.00??? I think HAL only charges $15.00.

From Azamara:Corkage will go to $10 per bottle.
I think Azamara is onto something here. Offer "free" wines with lunch & dinner but at the same time make it easier for pax to bring their own wine on-board with no restriction & at reduced corkage. I like it. :):)

Personally, I think since they're offering wine with meals there should be no corkage fee. By bringing your own wine yo are already saving them money. What's the difference if the waiter opens their bottle or yours?

wine purchased in the DR is always more than you would pay for wine that you bring yourself, so the corkage fee is the cruise's way of getting some money on a bottle that they don't sell themselves. Wonder if you could bring in an uncorked bottle, LOL:rolleyes:

We have always had an SS grade where speciality coffees/soft drinks etc were already inclusive! What is the benefit to us?

I note also that on the UK Azamara site the cruises are still showing the tips as add-ons! Is there still a charge as I note that the inclusive tips only pay for certain staff?

Are there extra benefits for suite grades, apart from 'complimentary' speciality restaurants!

We have always had an SS grade where speciality coffees/soft drinks etc were already inclusive! What is the benefit to us?

I note also that on the UK Azamara site the cruises are still showing the tips as add-ons! Is there still a charge as I note that the inclusive tips only pay for certain staff?

Are there extra benefits for suite grades, apart from 'complimentary' speciality restaurants!

Better Real Estate.

But you had to have the coffees delivered to your stateroom, and would have to bring your soda/water with you elsewhere on the ship. Now (if I'm reading it correctly), the Cova and Mosaic cafes will offer complimentary specialty coffees and sodas/water will be complimentary all over the ship.

The other new benefit for the suites will be that the gratuities, which were $4 higher per person per day than the standard cabins, are prepaid.

I'm not convinced that the value will be there for us, but it will depend in large part on what wines they actually offer, since we do like our wine and have been known to order a bottle or 12.:o

Archived