Questions

Jancruz

Well there seems to be some confusion about charges in the speciality restaurants - will the non-suite passengers be charged? or will they receive two free bookings and then have to pay the $15 per person fee?

As for the complimentary wine - if you eat lunch in the buffet area, will the wine be there?

Some folks are asking about beer.

Will the wine be avalilable in the buffet and alternative resturants,how much choice and will bottles be placed on tables once chosen,

will the shuttles be free even if public transport ie Sorrento its the local bus co that runs the bus up the hill which is not really any thing to do with ship and it stops in the evening same with Barcelona you pay on the bus 3 euros return so nothing to do with the ship

How will the extras in cabin be affected if no butler service ie canapes etc and will you have to tip at all or is going to be in cluded and extras expected ie NCL ps will the 18% tax still be applied to bar service

and the brochures????? did I read you can only get one if you have cruised two times with Azamara? and like Terrier I'm wondering about bringing wine on board - has anything changed with that?

Well there seems to be some confusion about charges in the speciality restaurants - will the non-suite passengers be charged? or will they receive two free bookings and then have to pay the $15 per person fee?

As for the complimentary wine - if you eat lunch in the buffet area, will the wine be there?

Some folks are asking about beer.

Non suite passengers will be charged $15 per person in the specialty restaurants from the first dinner and there will be a charge for beer

Jancruz1

and the brochures????? did I read you can only get one if you have cruised two times with Azamara? and like Terrier I'm wondering about bringing wine on board - has anything changed with that?

Anyone can get a brochure..I am checking on wine

Jancruz1

Just need a bit of clarification please. I believe I received two specialty dining with my reservation...is that changing? I know you mentioned that you will now have to pay $15pp for a meal int he specialty dining...but what if your reservations originally stated that you got two complimentary meals? Not intentionally talking in circles just trying to figure out where this is going. If I have to pay I may eat the wonderful food in the MDR...I understand why they charge but agree with another poster that it forces a "class" system too. $15 is not much though.

1) Are they changing the alcohol policy of allowing only 2 bottle of wine at embarkation and will the MDR be closed for lunch on port days?

Answer: Policy will be revised and guests will be allowed to bring wine onboard if they choose to do so. This is part of the destination experience sampling local food and wine. Azamara will have local wines onboard unique to the area. Corkage fee will still be charged. The main dining room will be closed in port days. However it will be open when inclement weather and if tours leaving during lunch hours.

2)

Will the wine be available in the buffet and alternative restaurants,how much choice and will bottles be placed on tables once chosen,will the shuttles be free in every town? How will the extras in cabin be affected if no butler service ie canapes etc and will you have to tip at all or is going to be included and extras expected ie NCL ps will the 18% tax still be applied to bar service

Answer: House wine will be served in all locations. We will offer a choice of red house wine and white house wine each day. We planning to have seven different red and white house wines which we will rotate each day. We will not leave bottles on the table cantina style. We will provide the best extraordinary wine service to our guests.

Shuttle busses will be free in each town where needed. However for example a bus between Livorno and Florence is not considered a shuttle bus. Shuttle busses will provide transportation between the pier and the local town. The stateroom amenities currently called "butler amenities" will continue to be offered. They will be called "Stateroom Amenities". Gratuities are included in the cruise fare. However if guests decide to reward staff for extraordinary service received they may do so. Azamara will not charge 18% service charge to bar service.

3) New itineraries were mentioned. Have you heard if Australia/NZ or South America will be offered for 2011

Answer: Our deployment team is currently designing new itineraries for 2011.

We exploring all parts of our beautiful world at this moment.

Jancruz1

Just need a bit of clarification please. I believe I received two specialty dining with my reservation...is that changing? I know you mentioned that you will now have to pay $15pp for a meal int he specialty dining...but what if your reservations originally stated that you got two complimentary meals? Not intentionally talking in circles just trying to figure out where this is going. If I have to pay I may eat the wonderful food in the MDR...I understand why they charge but agree with another poster that it forces a "class" system too. $15 is not much though.

The restaurants will be charging after April 1st so if you are paying depends on your date of travel..

Jancruz1

Thanks for the answers to the questions,a good thin g that the 18% will be dropped as long as the prices havnt increased to cover up loss :):)

You are welcome..I will continue to answer as long as people have questions

Jancruz1

I didn't mind the $5pp "suggested" gratuity on my last cruise. The specialty restaurants are nice....but so is the MDR. It provided a nice change and a nice view. I thought that the cruise included 2 times in the specialty restaurants. In the past, we did our 2 times...and then waited to later in the cruise when we were asked if we would like to dine there again. We were on a 14 night cruise....we ate in Prime C 3 times....there were always empty tables when we were dining. The one time when we ate in Aquilina, there were only 4 tables occupied. To be fair, it should include 2 diners in the specialty restaurants without a fee....and after that, perhaps additional fee. In this respect, I think that Azamara is moving backwards.

Thanks Jan

I would be interested to know at some stage whether they are training existing Azamara butlers for the suites or are they bringing their best butlers from Celebrity over - I am not sure any of the recent new appointments in Celebrity (who are all a notch above the Azamara guys) have had butler training

and by the way, for us, we love the changes and are really excited about our next Azamara trip

Thanks for helping with the Q & A, Jan. This is all looking really, really good. It'll be interesting to see how Oceania responds.

Well I hope O leaves things as they are

I would not like paying for the specialty dining rooms, the wine with meals well I can leave that also.

A complimentary shuttle in some ports would be nice

But as we see here everything comes at a price;)

Be careful what you wish for

Lyn

Archived