NC SD Alumni Reunion?

frequent traveler

I keep seeing a number of posters with North Carolina and surrounding geographic addresses - is there any interest in a SD alumni gathering? January and February are awfully dreary months and we have a number of excellent party planners in our group. (I nominate DisneyJen:D:D:D) I will contribute my contraband SD coasters and napkins!

FT

I'm in South Carolina -- is that close enough:) I can bring purlioned napkins, too!

Loved your posts, FT -- can't wait to board on 8 Jan! Anyone besides Fredpepples (sp?) joining us? Off to Boston for the holidays -- brrrr. I've only been down here a month and I'm already a wuss about cold weather!!!

Happy Holidays to all Seadreamers!!

Vandrefalk

Sounds like a fabulous idea! I'm in Wake Forest (which is for all practical purposes Raleigh) and only about 1 1/2 hrs away from those of you in Greensboro. I have no napkins but I'll be glad to bring champagne or what ever!

Would really like to meet all of you!

Very late Jan or sometime in Feb would be good for me. And I know Vandrefalk boards SD I on the 8th for two weeks, so Jan is pretty much out for her.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Does Virginia count as far as proximity?

you know it does . . . since you come to Greensboro occasionally.

and I was just teasing DisneyJen . . . her silence is scary --:eek:

sounds like a weekend in February would be the ideal time.

yes, Jim, you and Lois are more than welcome to stay with us. And SC is just a hop, skip, and jump away, vandrefalk - would love to meet you.

Let me dig out from a week away and get through the holidays . .. and will throw out some ideas on the board and get back in touch. those that don't have my home e-mail -- its t davidson 317 @ triad.rr. com without all the spaces. Drop me an e-mail if there's a date that works best for you.

Its back to the salt mines for me.

Take care all and happy holidays.

FT

Here I am ... just back from our Christmas at Disney ... which means no SD posting:p

I would LOVE to plan a reunion for us SDers! Count us in. I do have some background in party planning so I would be happy to take this project on:D

• 4 weeks later...

FT, ZQVol, DJ's DH and I met for dinner last night. Talk of course included SD and then of course the idea of a NC get together.

Looking to nail down a date ... Feb. 20 or 27.

DJ's DH and I will be happy to host it here in the Piedmont area.

Thoughts?

Seasoned Sailors would love to come to a reunion, but then all would be lost and identities would be revealed. NO FUN in that.

Better we keep the reunion to Barcelona hotel or to SD2.

We are looking hard at hotels and see that most are staying at Le Meridian. Sounds nice, have been to Barcelona, but always on a ship, never in a hotel.

Any suggestions from this well traveled group would be appreciated as to hotels and tapas bars.

Preparing for a TA on RSSC Mariner in March, and a Uniworld trip in July in Portugal and then on to Spain for the TA on SD2. A very busy year, Thank goodness for winning the Lotto.:p Most excited about the SD2 trip across the sea.

Seasoned Sailors

The 27th sounds good to me! I must have been getting vibes from you all last evening, since I emailed FT last night about progress of the plans for the reunion.

I've e-mailed you back, but as an update for the group -- if its on the 27th here in Greensboro NC , I will make sure everyone has a never empty glass of champagne during the event (at some point you may have to fill your glass yourself) but I"m responsible for the champagne and I know we will have Red Stripe on hand. Oldest child doesn't drink so we have a guaranteed driver - whether its to the nearby hotel, wine store or the airport . . . . :D

FT

Seasoned Sailors would love to come to a reunion, but then all would be lost and identities would be revealed. NO FUN in that.

Better we keep the reunion to Barcelona hotel or to SD2.

We are looking hard at hotels and see that most are staying at Le Meridian. Sounds nice, have been to Barcelona, but always on a ship, never in a hotel.

Any suggestions from this well traveled group would be appreciated as to hotels and tapas bars.

Preparing for a TA on RSSC Mariner in March, and a Uniworld trip in July in Portugal and then on to Spain for the TA on SD2. A very busy year, Thank goodness for winning the Lotto.:p Most excited about the SD2 trip across the sea.

Seasoned Sailors

You sure you don't want to come to Greensboro in February? You could wear a mask:p

Thanks so much DJ but SS do not believe that a mask would be much help at all. You might, just might recognize our beautiful bods :cool::eek:, but most of all SS do not want to ruin the fun of Barcelona.

SS do know the way to Greensboro and understand the weather in FEB and really would rather be in Barcelona in Nov:D.

The reunion sounds lke a lot of fun and wish we could be there.

SS

I will make sure everyone has a never empty glass of champagne during the event (at some point you may have to fill your glass yourself) but I"m responsible for the champagne and I know we will have Red Stripe on hand. FT

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Archived