NC SD Alumni Reunion?

frequent traveler

Champagne is chilling. And keeping with the SD quality standards, it is French champagne, no sparkling wine will be served tonight:D. After a visit to our local wine discount store I don't want to think what my bar tab would be if horrors I gave in to DH and set foot on a mass line.:eek: SD's house brands of champagne served in December are $49.99 a bottle here in NC (Yes, I know that's retail and with our lovely sin tax), the Perrier Jouet served at lunch is $69.99 per bottle and the lovely Pommery went for $20.00 a bottle more than charged on SD. No wonder I have to go to detox after 13 days on SD, I'm saving so much money while on board!:rolleyes:

FT

Champagne is chilling. And keeping with the SD quality standards, it is French champagne, no sparkling wine will be served tonight:D. After a visit to our local wine discount store I don't want to think what my bar tab would be if horrors I gave in to DH and set foot on a mass line.:eek: SD's house brands of champagne served in December are $49.99 a bottle here in NC (Yes, I know that's retail and with our lovely sin tax), the Perrier Jouet served at lunch is $69.99 per bottle and the lovely Pommery went for $20.00 a bottle more than charged on SD. No wonder I have to go to detox after 13 days on SD, I'm saving so much money while on board!:rolleyes:

FT

The Red Stripe is cold...and keeping with SD quality standards, it really is Red Stripe! I may have to do a quality check before y'all arrive (now I know I've been in the south too long!)

Thanks to all who participated in our first SD reunion!

I hope everyone enjoyed putting faces with CC names. It was great fun hearing about everyone's SD adventures.:D

thats it??? No stories to tell??? Everyone well behaved????:D At least spill the menu and beverage selections. :eek:

thats it??? No stories to tell??? Everyone well behaved????:D At least spill the menu and beverage selections. :eek:

Think first night on the yacht when everyone has gathered at the TOY Bar ... that was the vibe last night.

There was Red Stripe, Champagne (two types provided by FT which were EXCELLENT), Perrier, Cheese, Crackers, Fruit Tray, Artichoke Dip, Beef Tenderloin on Horseradish Biscuits with Blue Cheese, Sesame Chicken Tenders, Mushrooms Stuffed with Crab and a lovely dessert tray with Gummy Bears:p Whatnot brought some lovely orange macaroons and chocolate bark!

Lots of stories about some of our favorite SD crew members and captains. I suspect several people's ears were burning:D

Way too cold here last night for a champagne splash in our hot tub but perhaps next time! We all agreed there has to be a next time!

There was Red Stripe, Champagne (two types provided by FT which were EXCELLENT), Perrier, Cheese, Crackers, Fruit Tray, Artichoke Dip, Beef Tenderloin on Horseradish Biscuits with Blue Cheese, Sesame Chicken Tenders, Mushrooms Stuffed with Crab and a lovely dessert tray with Gummy Bears:p Whatnot brought some lovely orange macaroons and chocolate bark!

Sounds great but did nobody provide Pringles?

I knew you would have fun. What's not to like with a bunch of SD alums? How about one at the beach??? We could be helpful here in Destin. Just avoid June-August. Hoisted a drink your way at 7:30pm Central Time. Back to work tomorrow.:mad:

J & L.

I knew you would have fun. What's not to like with a bunch of SD alums? How about one at the beach??? We could be helpful here in Destin. Just avoid June-August. Hoisted a drink your way at 7:30pm Central Time. Back to work tomorrow.:mad:

J & L.

The idea of a reunion at the beach did come up last night! You know this group ... any reason to gather is a good one!

We toasted you and Lois as well ... with wonderful French champagne courtesy of FT:D

Sounds great but did nobody provide Pringles?

Sorry to report ... no Pringles or onion rings or steak tartare!!

We did have drinks al fresco ... DJ's DH stored the Red Stripe and Champers on the screened porch since it was so COLD here last night!!

Vandrefalk, here. I'll add my take -- it was a delightful evening!! Disney Jen and FT outdid themselves with goodies and champagne. There was a lovely table filled with SD "stuff" (I was coming in from another location and forgot my contribution of napkins and champagne, but it was graciously overlooked), and it was great fun to see postcards, pjs, totes, cookbook -- all to remind us of our wonderful times on SD. Yes, I suspect several ears were burning (in a nice way, of course). We're awfully glad we were able to make it -- we live on an island and have offered to host another gathering at some point.

We also discussed the logistics of getting a group together -- we would have had 4 cabins right there! Perhaps one day everyone's schedules will mesh and we can do a CC/SD cruise. For those of you who couldn't make it, you were missed -- but remembered!

The doggies were very well behaved -- I've seldom seen ones trained so well that they wag their tails BELOW the edge of the table, thus reducing the risk of everything ending up on the floor!

Our thanks to DJ and FT and their DHs for a very special evening!!

Vandrefalk

Sorry it took me so long to chime in but we just returned this afternoon from our extended weekend following the GREAT CC/SD/NC Reunion on Sat evening.

Many thanks to Disney Jen, FT and their DH's for a wonderful evening of great French champagne, good food, and wonderful conversation. And yes, ears were probably burning, but all the talk was about how much we all LOVE the great SD crew and how much we enjoy our very special days on SD.

It was great fun to finally meet all of you (as well as your very nice children). And as Vanderfalk said, the dogs were so well behaved.

Thanks again for all your work in putting this special evening together. We hope to see you again soon and to meet others of the CC/SD Alums who post on this board at a future, whether on SD or at another on shore party.

• 1 year later...

Always up for a SD party - preferably on board but a NC gathering is good too. But organizing one for this fall is beyond my skills . . . too much business travel. Maybe in Q1 2012? When we all need a break from bad weather? Maybe after DJ and DJ's DH return from their 9 days on SD? So we can get bask in the SD glow vicariously?

FT

Always up for a SD party - preferably on board but a NC gathering is good too. But organizing one for this fall is beyond my skills . . . too much business travel. Maybe in Q1 2012? When we all need a break from bad weather? Maybe after DJ and DJ's DH return from their 9 days on SD? So we can get bask in the SD glow vicariously?

FT

That sounds like a perfect plan! When the winter doldrums hit, there's nothing like a little SeaDream magic.

Archived