Future cruise on board credit

Ricky Chan

Can anyone tell me if HAL offers "on board credit" if one books a future cruise while on the ship. :confused:

I know Princes and Celebrity do offer these perks. Last time we cruised with HAL was 8 yrs. ago and it was only a three day repositioning cruise.

Or where can I find this information?

Ricky

Yes - we are booked on the Eurodam, we booked with a future booking credit. It is a 7 day cruise and we have $85 OBC each, not bad at all.

Good news, I will wait till we board the ship on January 9 and book our Sept 10, 2011 Canada/New England cruise.

I just found out the itinerary was opened for booking.

Thanks for the help. :)

Ricky

Future Cruise Shipboard Credits

Cruises 7 to 11 day: Inside and Ocean View Cabins, $25pp; Veranda, $35pp and Deluxe Suite $50 pp.

Cruises 12 days or longer: Inside and Ocean View, $50pp; Veranda, $75pp; Deluxe Suite $100pp.

This is combinable with Carnival Corporation Shipboard Credits for being stockholder.

Cruises 7 to 11 day: Inside and Ocean View Cabins, $25pp; Veranda, $35pp and Deluxe Suite $50 pp.

Cruises 12 days or longer: Inside and Ocean View, $50pp; Veranda, $75pp; Deluxe Suite $100pp.

This is combinable with Carnival Corporation Shipboard Credits for being stockholder.

$35.00 per person for a 11 day crusie(veranda cabin) is not very much. Well, it is better than nothing, I guess. :D

Ricky

Not only is the shipboard credit combinable with the Carnival Corporation shipboard credit, but it is also combinable with any shipboard credit you may get from your TA (or anyone else) and/or American Express Platinum card (if you have one).

Ok - now I have to ask... what is the Carnival Corp. shipboard credit?

Ok - now I have to ask... what is the Carnival Corp. shipboard credit?

If you own at least 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock (CCL), then you get a stockholders on-board credit.

If you cruise enough it's a great tax-free bonus!

On our cruise next month, we plan to book a future cruise, destination and length unknown at this time. Will we still get the OBC? How do they do this since it might fall into either of the "length of cruise" categories (probably the latter). There are 3 of us - is the pp OBC for each of us or only the 1st 2 in the cabin, even though we will all be booking separately and may or may not all be cruising together next time? (Good questions for the FCC, but just trying to get a feel for it now.)

When you go to see the FCC the person will charge your credit card right away -- the $100 per person deposits do not go onto your shipboard account.

Even if you do not know specifically what cruise and ship you want to sail on, the FCC will give you a receipt indicating the confirmation code. When you get home and are actually ready to book the cruise, your TA will use that confirmation code. Depending on the length of the cruise and cabin category you book will determine how much shipboard credit you will -- HAL will let your TA know this amount.

Shipboard credit is only for the first 2 people in the cabin.

On our cruise next month, we plan to book a future cruise, destination and length unknown at this time. Will we still get the OBC? How do they do this since it might fall into either of the "length of cruise" categories (probably the latter). There are 3 of us - is the pp OBC for each of us or only the 1st 2 in the cabin, even though we will all be booking separately and may or may not all be cruising together next time? (Good questions for the FCC, but just trying to get a feel for it now.)

You can purchase a Future Cruise Credit.... a to be determined future cruise. You will pay $100 pp and have four years in which to use it.

The amount of your OBC is determined at the time you book your cruise and is per person up to two per cabin.

You can purchase as many Future Cruise Credits as you wish.

When we were on the Eurodam last April, we booked for the Zuiderdam with the FCC. HAL was running a special and instead of getting $35 pp the amount was doubled! Combined with CCL stock OBC ,our TA's OBC and more OBC from our HAL credit card we are doing real good.

When we were on the Eurodam last April, we booked for the Zuiderdam with the FCC. HAL was running a special and instead of getting $35 pp the amount was doubled! Combined with CCL stock OBC ,our TA's OBC and more OBC from our HAL credit card we are doing real good.

You were fortunate.

We have booked future cruises when they were running specials -- but never did the FCC double our shipboard credit.

Good for you!!

Thanks for the answers to my previous questions. Now some more :o

Does it make a difference when, during the cruise, I book my future cruise? E.g., would the OBC get larger (or smaller) later in the cruise? If I booked, say, the 2nd day, and later during the cruise the OBC was increased, could I ask for/get the increased amount?

(You are all so patient answering these detailed questions - I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your help/info! The truth is, I will enjoy this and the next cruise no matter any OBC, and will be grateful for it, but like most others, I want to maximize what I can.)

Makes no difference if you book immediately after boarding or the last hour the Future Cruise Consultant is available. Book when is convenient for you. It is a fixed schedule of credits as I posted above.

The only real difference in the timing of when you see the FCC is how busy (s)he is. The business tends to build up as the cruise goes on. You stand a better chance of a short (if any) wait earlier in the cruise.

Just fill it in and drop it in the box by the cruise office. They will send you a form acknowledging it to your cabin. You don't have to choose any particular cruise. So if you think you'll sail 7 days and then book a bigger cabin for longer, you get a larger credit.

The only real difference in the timing of when you see the FCC is how busy (s)he is. The business tends to build up as the cruise goes on. You stand a better chance of a short (if any) wait earlier in the cruise.

Shorter lines and waits are good! That's what I was intending to do, book early - glad to know everything works out in the end. Thanks to all for the info!

Just fill it in and drop it in the box by the cruise office. They will send you a form acknowledging it to your cabin. You don't have to choose any particular cruise. So if you think you'll sail 7 days and then book a bigger cabin for longer, you get a larger credit.

Interesting.

I have never seen a form to fill out considering that they need your credit card to make the deposit.

I think you have to do future bookings in person with the FCC. They can sell you future cruise credits in five minutes or less. If you see a line, come back later if you don't want to devote much time to the process.

Archived