Are there cabins that fit 5 or do we need two rooms or a suite?

Last couple times we've sailed with our 3 kids, we've booked 2 cabins with 2 people in one and 3 people in the other since that was the cheapest way to do it.

Wondering if Oasis has any cabins that fit 5 which might cost less or should we just plan on booking 2 cabins?

Thanks so much!

Last couple times we've sailed with our 3 kids, we've booked 2 cabins with 2 people in one and 3 people in the other since that was the cheapest way to do it.

Wondering if Oasis has any cabins that fit 5 which might cost less or should we just plan on booking 2 cabins?

Thanks so much!

There are cabins that sleep 5+ people. I don't know which is cheaper just go to royals website and call the # to talk to 1 of there people and ask them.

Thanks so much!

Our daughter has a room for 5 ,cheaper than doing 2 rooms.I think they are paying 50 bucks a head more than us for the first 2 pass,the other 3 are less.

All family rooms do sleep six. There´s a queen size master bed, a sleeping sofa for two and a niche with two bunk beds which can be covered during daytime with a curtain.

BTW the Presidential Suite sleeps 14 :D!

steamboats

We have book grand suites and owners suites for 5. You get the perks for a suite and

pay the lower cost for the 3, 4, and 5th person. It works well for a family with three children.

• 2 weeks later...

All the loft suites.. and the presidential have 2 baths...Royal family also has 2...as do Aqua theater and and the Royal suite...I think that is all of them....However the smaller suites only allow 4 pax usually... In fact- a royal loft I looked at would only allow 2 pax.. but a crown loft is allowing 4.. I cant figureout the rules yet!

There appear to be very strict guidlines for # of pax in a cabin... I tried to get a family balcony room with 4 pax.. and the system would not let me book it without 5.... So i had to upgrade to a larger suite.. (could have done 2 rooms, but they had none left connecting..)

Did I just make any sense??:)

Edited by WineDown17

After doing a junior suite for 4 people, we switched to 2 connecting balcony rooms on our Liberty cruise this past November. Worked out great! It's nice to have the extra bathroom and closet space. So that's what we booked on Oasis for the Halloween cruise in 2010, 2 connecting balcony rooms. There's no more waiting for the bathroom.

• 6 years later...
We are booked in an inside Family Room Cabin 11147. I found this to be the least expensive option, as we have 5 people also.

NJBill, how was your experience in 11147? I'm booked in that room on Oasis of the Seas next year and wanted to know how you liked it. We've got three kids that will be 5, 3, and 1.

Thanks for answering this so many years later if you can!

5+ cabins can only be booked by using TA or calling, not online. They will only release them to be booked for smaller parties closer to sail date( possibly as late as after final payment date). You have to crunch numbers to see if a pair cabins is a better deal, keeping in mind that having a second bathroom often is a deal breaker.

Compare the price of a "family" suite to 2 connecting cabins (you will NEED connecting, with kids that young)...the kids in one room, you right there beside them...close the door for privacy, and keep their messes in THEIR cabin! You are closer in connecting rooms than you would be at home, in their separate bedrooms!

We have a room for 5 booked on the Oasis. They call them family rooms and have Interior and Balcony (both over Central Park and the Ocean). As others mentioned you will need to call.

One other quirk - apparently, RC's computer system needs an upgrade as they can't put more than 4 on a reservation even though they have rooms that sleep more than 4. They will need to give you two reservation numbers which also becomes an added step when booking shows etc in the Cruise Planner.

We booked in May for an October sailing.

Edited by mattg43

Compare the price of a "family" suite to 2 connecting cabins (you will NEED connecting, with kids that young)...the kids in one room, you right there beside them...close the door for privacy, and keep their messes in THEIR cabin! You are closer in connecting rooms than you would be at home, in their separate bedrooms!

Thanks CB, unfortunately when I have looked, including today, these are about $1,500 more, to even just do two inside connecting rooms. I got the Family Inside with the current 30% off and Kids Sale Free for $2,500, which I consider to be an exceptional deal. We don't have the money to pay $4,000 for connecting rooms. I don't disagree that that would be very, very nice, and we have done something similar with our family before when our parents were paying, but we cannot justify/afford the additional amount of money.

If I am missing something and someone has seen them for cheaper on the big ships, I'm all ears, because I do think it's a great idea, it's just the money issue that is stopping us.

We have a room for 5 booked on the Oasis. They call them family rooms and have Interior and Balcony (both over Central Park and the Ocean). As others mentioned you will need to call.

One other quirk - apparently, RC's computer system needs an upgrade as they can't put more than 4 on a reservation even though they have rooms that sleep more than 4. They will need to give you two reservation numbers which also becomes an added step when booking shows etc in the Cruise Planner.

We booked in May for an October sailing.

Thanks Matt, we booked an Interior on Oasis (11147) a few days ago. Yes, that is very odd to have to have our youngest (currently a baby) on a separate reservation. I have no idea why they have never fixed this issue. Do you know if these rooms have the curtain to "separate" the bunk bed area from the rest of the room? Thanks!

Would they let you book the OS with only 4?

They will let you book it with two. We had an OS on Oasis with just two of us and have another booked on Allure for Halloween.

However, to stay on topic I am not sure where I would put five people in an OS. There is a pull out sofa that might sleep two kids, but not sure where the 5th would go.

On our upcoming Halloween trip we are taking the DS, DIL, and two granddaughters. I looked at most options for the four of them in a single cabin with enough room to at least roll over at night. Nothing came close to getting two connecting cabins, which gives them two bathrooms and some adult privacy. The family suite was about $1000 more and wasn't close to our OS.

Thanks Matt, we booked an Interior on Oasis (11147) a few days ago. Yes, that is very odd to have to have our youngest (currently a baby) on a separate reservation. I have no idea why they have never fixed this issue. Do you know if these rooms have the curtain to "separate" the bunk bed area from the rest of the room? Thanks!

Hi, We bookd the interior family room on the Liberty last year. The bunk bed are kind of in thier own insert room with a curtain that closes them off from the rest of the room. The double bed also had a curtain around it so it could be closed off from the living area/couch.